Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Well.ca

Gro Clock $39.99 +FS (reg $49.99) - $10coupon for new customers

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 27th, 2015 9:32 am
Nov 15, 2004
495 posts
233 upvotes

[Well.ca] Gro Clock $39.99 +FS (reg $49.99) - $10coupon for new customers

For anyone looking for a Gro Clock, Well.ca has it on sale for $39.99 right now and shipping will be free (regular price at most retailers is 49.99-54.99). Additionally, if you're a new customer, you can use a $10 off $40 coupon code making it $29.99 which, if you're eligible, is an amazing price for this clock. This is the best price I've seen as I've been looking for ages and ended up biting the bullet last month and buying it at $49.99 from well.ca as well. Even at regular price though, I am super happy with my purchase and it has actually worked with our kids. Mornings are so much happier now!

Coupon code: 10wus40rfd exp Apr 27, 2015* You'll need a small filler item to use the coupon. Found crispy crunch chocolate bars and Junior Mints for $1.29.

*I searched RFD beforehand to see if I can post this coupon code I created and it seems it's safe to share since I don't actually receive monetary compensation from code use but it'll get me a $10 off $40 for me to use as well

Product Details:
Gro clock uses fun images of the stars and sun to communicate to kids when to go back to sleep and when it's time to get up. How do you get your children to understand when it's time to get up? Simple: "Stay in bed until you see the sun!"

Parents set the clock to display a cheerful smiley sun at progressively later times of morning, training the child to get up only once they "see the sun".

Gro clock comes with a beautifully illustrated book, which helps to encourage children to stay in bed longer.

Gro clock also comes with a Sleep Farm Book for your child to read at bedtime. Sleep Farm Book tells the story of Percy, a tired and grumpy pig, whose friends want to help him to have more fun. Illustrated by leading children's artist, Mike Terry, it has been specifically written to accompany the Gro clock and includes an important message - sleeping all night long helps everyone to be happy and full of energy.

Features:
Glowing screen shows images of stars and sun to communicate 'sleep' and 'wake-up' time
Stars go out one-by-one during the night to show the passing of time
Key-lock option
Option to set two separate wake-up times (weekday/weekend or night-time/day-time nap)
Adjustable screen brightness
Silent operation
Optional audible alarm feature
Suitable from age 2+ years
Please note: The Gro Clock must be plugged in to be operated. Power adapter included.

*edit: Sale Ends Mar. 1, 2015
22 replies
Jun 24, 2010
33 posts
11 upvotes
Calgary
thanks! Code works for current customers!
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2003
1025 posts
104 upvotes
Maple
Code didn't work for me, states you need to be a new customer as OP said.
Deal Addict
Dec 22, 2014
3812 posts
4200 upvotes
Mordor
This is great, I have one....until the kids know how to press buttons.
Nov 17, 2003
86 posts
This coupon is only valid for orders over $40.00 CAD. is what I get when I try to plug in the code.
Jan 22, 2007
244 posts
255 upvotes
We bought one of those because my 2 year constantly gets up at 4-5am. Read all the reviews about how awesome it is, so got one.

Yeah, she just ignores the clock and still gets up early. And now we have to add yet another thing to the bedtime routine because she insists it must be set before she goes to bed.

Might work for many but it wasn't the magic bullet I was hoping for.
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2005
3135 posts
1133 upvotes
Winnipeg
Spritzup wrote: Same here, need a filler item.
I bought some chips as a filler
Nov 15, 2004
495 posts
233 upvotes
I did forget to mention that a small filler item would be needed to use the coupon. I'll update the original post. I did find a crispy crunch chocolate bar and junior mints for $1.29.

As for effectiveness of the clock, I guess it depends on each kid but it has worked wonders with us so far. I was willing to try anything though since mornings were rough. Now, not so much :) But as soon as they see the yellow sun, there is a lot of excited yelling happening.
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2003
1025 posts
104 upvotes
Maple
Lycor wrote: We bought one of those because my 2 year constantly gets up at 4-5am. Read all the reviews about how awesome it is, so got one.

Yeah, she just ignores the clock and still gets up early. And now we have to add yet another thing to the bedtime routine because she insists it must be set before she goes to bed.

Really? That's really disappointing. Mine is now starting to get up at 5-6am constantly. I'm so tired. I just bought it hoping to start it soon...

I bought some Arm & Hammer baking soda as a filler.
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2004
4012 posts
715 upvotes
Lycor wrote: We bought one of those because my 2 year constantly gets up at 4-5am. Read all the reviews about how awesome it is, so got one.

Same experience here, didn't work at all for my kids but they still wanted it on every night . Wasn't the savior we were hoping for
Deal Addict
Jul 8, 2007
2187 posts
2822 upvotes
OP, that is a referral code, there is a rule against them. You are referring people so you can get money off your next purchase.
Deal Addict
Mar 7, 2011
1254 posts
245 upvotes
Toronto
nicolascon wrote: OP, that is a referral code, there is a rule against them. You are referring people so you can get money off your next purchase.
Haha. I thought the same when I saw OP's post saying he/she doesn't get any monetary benefit out of it when ppl are using the code. OP gets $10 credit for future purchases every time somebody uses the code.
Deal Addict
Sep 26, 2007
1293 posts
384 upvotes
Gatineau
Worked perfectly for my two daughters. If they were not respecting it, there were consequences. They understood fast... Highly recommend.
Nov 15, 2004
495 posts
233 upvotes
nicolascon wrote: OP, that is a referral code, there is a rule against them. You are referring people so you can get money off your next purchase.
kayceedee wrote: Haha. I thought the same when I saw OP's post saying he/she doesn't get any monetary benefit out of it when ppl are using the code. OP gets $10 credit for future purchases every time somebody uses the code.
Prior to posting this deal, I did a few searches - googled it too since rfd search is a tad unreliable (!) - to see if it'd be within rfd parameters to post the code and found an old thread which seemed to indicate it's ok to do so as well as lots of others posting up codes:well-ca-coupon-10-off-40-new-customers-1066267/ It doesn't seem like a new thing around here. I figured it'd be easier to post an existing code for people to conveniently use. Others members are welcome to create/post their own codes if they wish so they can receive their own $10 off $40 coupon. (FYI it's not a $10 credit, it's $10 off when you spend $40. The same stipulations as the code I posted above for others to use). However, if is against the rules I'd be more than happy to remove my code above. Mods please let me know. :)

Back to the clock though, there is still the occasional morning where I have to "remind" them that their "sun" is not up yet so "SHHHH!" Gets them back on track.
Sep 2, 2010
836 posts
5359 upvotes
Mississauga
ShadowMordor wrote: This is great, I have one....until the kids know how to press buttons.
You need to lock the clock after you set it for the night by pushing the down arrow and holding it until you see the little x pop up on the right hand side showing the setting has been locked. My daughter is almost 4 and pushes the buttons a lot but hasn't figured out that she would also need to press and hold that down arrow to unlock it.
Sep 2, 2010
836 posts
5359 upvotes
Mississauga
ck01 wrote: Worked perfectly for my two daughters. If they were not respecting it, there were consequences. They understood fast... Highly recommend.
Agreed - same experience for us.

You need to teach your kids there are consequences if they come and wake you up before the sun wakes up. They can play in their room if they are done sleeping but are not to wake up anyone else until the sun wakes up.

This clock works great for us. Recommended!

And this is a great price - we paid $50+ tax at toys r us with no regret bc see we got a lot more sleep as a result.
Deal Addict
Jul 8, 2007
2187 posts
2822 upvotes
doubloonie wrote: Prior to posting this deal, I did a few searches - googled it too since rfd search is a tad unreliable (!) - to see if it'd be within rfd parameters to post the code and found an old thread which seemed to indicate it's ok to do so as well as lots of others posting up codes:well-ca-coupon-10-off-40-new-customers-1066267/ It doesn't seem like a new thing around here. I figured it'd be easier to post an existing code for people to conveniently use. Others members are welcome to create/post their own codes if they wish so they can receive their own $10 off $40 coupon. (FYI it's not a $10 credit, it's $10 off when you spend $40. The same stipulations as the code I posted above for others to use). However, if is against the rules I'd be more than happy to remove my code above. Mods please let me know. :)

Back to the clock though, there is still the occasional morning where I have to "remind" them that their "sun" is not up yet so "SHHHH!" Gets them back on track.
Is the code yours?

Why not just google it and use a random one if you aren't getting anything from it?

You want the 10 dollars off and that is why you post your own code, that is a referral.