Tags:
None
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jun 21, 2016
3057 posts
1037 upvotes

Wendy’s lettuce wrap/lettuce bun?

Someone mentioned in a thread you can ask Wendy’s to replace the bun of the sandwich and have it wrapped in lettuce instead.

Anyone know if this is true? Is it for all locations?
33 replies
Aug 26, 2018
377 posts
741 upvotes
My only question is, what's the point?

If I'm getting a burger, I'm keeping the bun.

And if I'm this hardcore Atkins diet guy, why do I want to get ripped off paying a premium for just a patty when I can buy minced beef at the supermarket for much cheaper?

If it comes down to 'lettuce wrapped' burger, I'd just skip the whole dance altogether. Home cooking frying minced beef patties, packed for lunch to go if I must.
Aug 12, 2012
795 posts
327 upvotes
Richmond Hill
From the lady herself:

That's the American Wendy's, so maybe YMMV in Canada? You should test it out and let us know!
Deal Guru
Feb 9, 2012
14666 posts
2736 upvotes
Toronto
toronto19850 wrote:
Sep 20th, 2018 10:06 am
Someone mentioned in a thread you can ask Wendy’s to replace the bun of the sandwich and have it wrapped in lettuce instead.

Anyone know if this is true? Is it for all locations?
Both Wendy's and A&W have the lettuce wrap:

AND

Deal Guru
Feb 9, 2012
14666 posts
2736 upvotes
Toronto
fattyburger11 wrote:
Sep 20th, 2018 10:17 am
Lettuce leaf instead of bread bun is for the joy and thrill of trying something different.
Deal Guru
Mar 9, 2007
11390 posts
6201 upvotes
Think of the Childre…
You don't make friends with salad! Image

WOULD SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!
Deal Addict
Oct 2, 2005
1372 posts
370 upvotes
fattyburger11 wrote:

And if I'm this hardcore Atkins diet guy, why do I want to get ripped off paying a premium for just a patty when I can buy minced beef at the supermarket for much cheaper?

If it comes down to 'lettuce wrapped' burger, I'd just skip the whole dance altogether. Home cooking frying minced beef patties, packed for lunch to go if I must.
Thats pretty ignorant. What about people with dietary restrictions, like diabetes... They shouldn't be allowed to eat a burger anywhere? And before you say they can make it at home, what if they are travelling such as I do. Get your head out of your ass. This is a good option.
Aug 26, 2018
377 posts
741 upvotes
RAINMAN0 wrote:
Sep 20th, 2018 12:47 pm
Thats pretty ignorant. What about people with dietary restrictions, like diabetes... They shouldn't be allowed to eat a burger anywhere? And before you say they can make it at home, what if they are travelling such as I do. Get your head out of your ass. This is a good option.
That's pretty ignorant. A patty is a patty, not a burger. A burger is a patty sandwiched inside a bun. You're not eating a hamburger when you're getting lettuce wrapped patties. You're getting something else, whatever that is.

People with diabetes taking medication can consume carbs. Next?

Would have imagined such a well traveled person such as yourself would know that.
Deal Guru
Apr 26, 2004
11387 posts
1618 upvotes
Mississauga
fattyburger11 wrote:

It's an option; no one is forcing you to get the lettuce-wrap. This is a good option for those who are watching their carb intake.
Deal Addict
Oct 2, 2005
1372 posts
370 upvotes
fattyburger11 wrote:
Sep 20th, 2018 2:11 pm
That's pretty ignorant. A patty is a patty, not a burger. A burger is a patty sandwiched inside a bun. You're not eating a hamburger when you're getting lettuce wrapped patties. You're getting something else, whatever that is.

People with diabetes taking medication can consume carbs. Next?

Would have imagined such a well traveled person such as yourself would know that.
Note I used BURGER.

The term "burger" can also be applied to the meat patty on its own, especially in the UK where the term "patty" is rarely used, or the term can even refer simply to ground beef. The term may be prefixed with the type of meat or meat substitute used, as in "turkey burger", "bison burger", or "veggie burger".

So it can be a lettuce wrapped burger. Next time look into it before you spout your incorrect BS.
Aug 26, 2018
377 posts
741 upvotes
Talamasca wrote:
Sep 20th, 2018 2:21 pm
It's an option; no one is forcing you to get the lettuce-wrap. This is a good option for those who are watching their carb intake.
Did my original response indicate anywhere my own preferences should be a rule for everyone? Was it also not clear it was my own preference?

All I'm saying is, if I'm this hardcore Atkins diet routine kinda guy, I wouldn't go to Wendy's and pay a premium to eat burger patties. On the other hand, if I was there to fully experience Wendy's as the original founders had intended it, that is to say eat the whole burger with the buns, then I'd be more than willing to pay a premium to experience it.

Replacing buns with lettuce is like going to a 3 Michelin starred sushi place in Tokyo and demanding wasabi and soy sauce because you want to eat the way you want. Maybe cut down on the rice too as that's carbs. No can do homie. They serve you the way they want as the sushi was meant to be served according to the master chef. A burger is meant to be served on buns, not lettuce wrapped. It's how it's always been.
Aug 26, 2018
377 posts
741 upvotes
RAINMAN0 wrote:
Sep 20th, 2018 2:37 pm
Note I used BURGER.
LOL. I knew when I posted that reply you'd do a google search on "burger" as your rebuttal. Incidentally I knew all about the UK definition. But this is Canada and we don't call a patty a burger here.

What I find most hilarious is that you wouldn't even expend that extra effort to reword something and went straight ahead and copy and pasted wikipedia. ROFL. That made my day.
RAINMAN0 wrote:
The term "burger" can also be applied to the meat patty on its own, especially in the UK where the term "patty" is rarely used, or the term can even refer simply to ground beef. The term may be prefixed with the type of meat or meat substitute used, as in "turkey burger", "bison burger", or "veggie burger".
Plagarized directly from https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hamburger

Next time try not to plagiarize from the internetz.
RAINMAN0 wrote:
So it can be a lettuce wrapped burger. Next time look into it before you spout your incorrect BS.
This is incorrect. Even using your plagiarized wikipedia definition of hamburger, it still involves a filling placed in between two buns. Your examples do not prove the point you're trying to make about replacing the buns with lettuce.

A turkey burger is turkey between buns. A bison burger is bison meat between buns. A veggie burger is a veggie patty between buns. Do you honestly not grasp that concept?
Deal Guru
Feb 9, 2012
14666 posts
2736 upvotes
Toronto
fattyburger11 wrote:
Sep 20th, 2018 2:49 pm
A turkey burger is turkey between buns. A bison burger is bison meat between buns. A veggie burger is a veggie patty between buns. Do you honestly not grasp that concept?
Except, the correct name for replacing the bun with lettuce is actually a lettuce wrap burger.
I tried the lettuce wrap burger @ A&W and it was actually pretty good.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jun 21, 2016
3057 posts
1037 upvotes
Cmon guys let’s stop fighting about lettuce but to answer your question
fattyburger11 wrote:

I don’t do Atkins but I like to calculate my calories I eat per day, less calories in the sandwich means I can eat more(without getting fat). Some people don’t care about their figure, I do
I think it tastes better, to be honest. I was never a fan of plain bread/rice.
Bread taste better if it was toasted/pan fried(like grilled cheese bread is), or if it was a thinner bun/wrap
Banned
Mar 13, 2018
1385 posts
666 upvotes
fattyburger11 wrote:

Because the bun tastes terrible and it tastes much better with lettuce instead of two thick pieces of bland oversweet soggy bread