• Last Updated:
  • Jan 26th, 2019 8:28 am
Tags:
None
Sep 15, 2013
704 posts
88 upvotes
Toronto
No worries guys. Those patties are nearly 50% wheat filled anyways. The bun just adds insult to injury.
Aug 12, 2012
789 posts
316 upvotes
Richmond Hill
BabylonDown wrote:
Sep 24th, 2018 8:19 am
No worries guys. Those patties are nearly 50% wheat filled anyways. The bun just adds insult to injury.
Wendy's has just beef and salt in their patties. You're thinking of Harvey's.
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
41076 posts
4861 upvotes
T.O. Lotto Captain
Frank311 wrote:
Sep 24th, 2018 9:51 am
Wendy's has just beef and salt in their patties. You're thinking of Harvey's.
Thats the thing that drives me nuts @ harvey’s... they grill their burgers which is great. Their condiments and toppings are fresh... crisp lettuce. Good tomato and pickles. Great onion rings.
But their burgers noticly taste of filler.

Gr.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 24, 2006
6995 posts
1695 upvotes
I think it is matter of taste and opinion and not just about diet.

My wife has no issue ravaging a t-bone streak until nothing is left but a bone resembling a fossil, but simple prefers a burger from A&W to be wrapped in lettuce than in a bun.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 16, 2010
5522 posts
1690 upvotes
Aurora
A patty, cheese, tomatoes, ketchup wrapped in lettuce just sounds unusual to me, and messy too. Granted I've never tried it so it could be good. Don't get me wrong, I love eating lettuce wraps - I just do it Asian style with chopped chicken, water chestnut, black mushrooms, green onions, hosin sauce wrapped in iceberg lettuce.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 27, 2009
6804 posts
3970 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
UrbanPoet wrote:
Sep 24th, 2018 12:24 pm
Thats the thing that drives me nuts @ harvey’s... they grill their burgers which is great. Their condiments and toppings are fresh... crisp lettuce. Good tomato and pickles. Great onion rings.
But their burgers noticly taste of filler.

Gr.
Harvey's was good in the 80s (when I worked there as a teen). I've tried them in recent years and find their burgers gross now.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 29, 2010
8659 posts
3065 upvotes
Toronto
Chickinvic wrote:
Sep 27th, 2018 3:45 pm
Harvey's was good in the 80s (when I worked there as a teen). I've tried them in recent years and find their burgers gross now.
yup, harvey's is filler filled garbage
The Original "Burger" ingredients beef, water, toasted wheat crumbs, salt, wheat flour, modified milk ingredients, hydrolyzed plant protein, onion powder, spices, sugar, dextrose, yeast extract, garlic powder.
Good, better, best. Never let it rest. 'Til your good is better and your better is best.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jun 21, 2016
3036 posts
1022 upvotes
Gboard2 wrote:
Sep 20th, 2018 6:09 pm
Because the bun tastes terrible and it tastes much better with lettuce instead of two thick pieces of bland oversweet soggy bread
I was just telling my friend this. Nothing I hate more than plain bread and plain rice. I have no clue how people eat it and say it tastes amazing
Chickinvic wrote:
Sep 27th, 2018 3:45 pm
90% bun, 10% meat lol
Deal Guru
Feb 9, 2012
14652 posts
2729 upvotes
Toronto
Gboard2 wrote:
Sep 20th, 2018 6:09 pm
Because the bun tastes terrible and it tastes much better with lettuce instead of two thick pieces of bland oversweet soggy bread
I tried the Dave's single recently and I disagree. The bun tasted great.
Jul 5, 2004
23826 posts
3384 upvotes
fattyburger11 wrote:
Sep 20th, 2018 2:11 pm

People with diabetes taking medication can consume carbs. Next?
Many doctors these days are putting their diabetic patients on a very low carb diet, combined with exercise, in order to try to cure their diabetes (or put it into remission, depending on who you ask). A lifetime of medicine isn't an ideal solution for everyone. Cooking at home is an option, when you're at home. If you're on the road traveling, that's not exactly an option. Pita Pit and other healthy choices might not be an option either for various reasons.

You dont' see the point, but it's all about providing people with more options.
Deal Addict
Dec 22, 2010
1396 posts
240 upvotes
BC
Shaner wrote:
Jan 13th, 2019 10:44 am
Many doctors these days are putting their diabetic patients on a very low carb diet, combined with exercise, in order to try to cure their diabetes (or put it into remission, depending on who you ask). A lifetime of medicine isn't an ideal solution for everyone. Cooking at home is an option, when you're at home. If you're on the road traveling, that's not exactly an option. Pita Pit and other healthy choices might not be an option either for various reasons.

You dont' see the point, but it's all about providing people with more options.
First time I've heard of a Doctor advocating a cure for diabetes. Let me know his name. I have Type 2 diabetes and, as far I know, its permanent. I can keep it under control but that's about it.
The US President's indifference to human suffering is rivaled only by robots and cats.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jun 21, 2016
3036 posts
1022 upvotes
playnicee1 wrote:
Jan 12th, 2019 6:07 am
I tried the Dave's single recently and I disagree. The bun tasted great.
I have to say the bun does taste good,
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jun 21, 2016
3036 posts
1022 upvotes
insync44 wrote:
Jan 20th, 2019 8:02 am
First time I've heard of a Doctor advocating a cure for diabetes. Let me know his name. I have Type 2 diabetes and, as far I know, its permanent. I can keep it under control but that's about it.
Sounds like your doctor is getting commission from big pharma to prescribe their meds lol

Certain types of type 2 diabetes can be cured
I think you’re thinking of high blood pressure which can’t be cured
Deal Addict
Dec 22, 2010
1396 posts
240 upvotes
BC
I think if I go on a very rigid diet of food and exercise I can reverse it in a few years, but I can hardly keep my diet now and I like to enjoy life.

My mistake Type 1 diabetes can be managed, but there is no cure and it can’t be reversed. The symptoms are the same as those of type 2 diabetes.

https://www.healthline.com/health/type- ... -vs-type-2
The US President's indifference to human suffering is rivaled only by robots and cats.
Aug 12, 2012
789 posts
316 upvotes
Richmond Hill
So has anyone actually ordered a lettuce wrap burger? Curious about how messy it is. Usually I just use the bun as a holder and peel it away as I eat.