Expired Hot Deals

[Wendy's] $5 Baconator's until May 26th

• Last Updated:
  • May 26th, 2019 6:19 pm
Nov 30, 2016
306 posts
266 upvotes
Grande Prairie, AB
Get the creamy sriracha sauce and put it on the burger. Thank me later.
Deal Guru
Feb 24, 2018
10276 posts
10394 upvotes
Ok, I did it.

I went to Wendy's and ate a keto Baconator.

I felt like waving old glory on a lifted pickup and shooting semi automatics in the desert, like a good old boy.

Thank you, Wendy's.
Deal Addict
Apr 26, 2013
1320 posts
498 upvotes
Toronto
blaznazn22 wrote:
May 7th, 2019 6:09 pm
1/4 lb of beef is around 123grams of beef. 1/2 lb, let's say it's around 250grams. You can get that for about $1.40 in Walmart. Bacon is about $1.20. Burger Buns is about 0.50. Cheese slice is 0.30. Total price to make at home is about $3.40.

You can definitely make it cheaper if you shop around for cheaper ingredients, I just took these prices from Walmart.
I'm with this guy!

I sold my house in the city, bought a farm and some cows you wouldn't believe how much I save now!
Nov 22, 2011
801 posts
163 upvotes
Batcave
I know what I'll be having for breakfast, lunch and dinner for the next 18 days.
“Nothing harms me. But I know pain. I know pain. Sometimes I share it. With someone like you.” - Batman . . . . .
Sep 13, 2016
351 posts
498 upvotes
Mississauga
I finished 3 of these. I probably ate enough salt to kill a horse.
Feb 9, 2015
77 posts
30 upvotes
Welland, ON
Pro tip: Ask to add veggies (free) to make it more filling/worthwhile. I think on the terminal it's called a "burger build" add-on. The baconator is the only burger they sell that only has meat.
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2017
1358 posts
1273 upvotes
Got this as KETO lunch today. I just started my Keto. Did it a while back with great success in terms of rapid weight loss. Mine is probably not fully Keto yet, just greatly reduced on carbs. Planning to lose 30 pounds. I just walked in and said I want the $5 Baconator just hold the buns and give me lettuce on top and bottom. She was nodding her head way before I could finish my sentence and just said, so you want as a lettuce wrap? Yes please. Needless to say, there's a lot of people doing this so I'm not looking stupid. Okay the Baconator lettuce wrap is DELISH because of all the meat and of course the BACON, which makes a hell of a difference. I felt full. The quarter pounder or big mac would never hit the spot like this without the bread. However, I would still need 2 lettuce baconators for dinner most likely. Without the buns, it's still only about 75% as good as the original, but that's more than good enough since it's diet approved. Although I did forget to tell her to hold the ketchup - rookie mistake.

By the way Keto was roughly ripped off of a little known diet popularized by a Polish MD almost 50 years ago and followed by many Poles in the US (can't say that's surprising given their huge reliance on animal fats), called the Optimum Diet. Check it out - https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/ct- ... story.html
Last edited by thelasthunter on May 8th, 2019 12:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Mar 15, 2005
1616 posts
327 upvotes
seagull1987 wrote:
May 7th, 2019 10:08 pm
Get the creamy sriracha sauce and put it on the burger. Thank me later.
From Wendys or supermarket?
Mar 1, 2019
49 posts
88 upvotes
Hamilton, ON
WMPCOT wrote:
May 7th, 2019 10:30 pm
I'm with this guy!

I sold my house in the city, bought a farm and some cows you wouldn't believe how much I save now!
You think that's frugal?

I live in a van down by the river, grind up racoons and roast them on the campfire.

Racoonator anyone? Keto style, wrapped in dandelion leaves?

Look out Wendy's, you've got competition!
Deal Guru
Feb 24, 2018
10276 posts
10394 upvotes
thelasthunter wrote:
May 7th, 2019 11:53 pm
Got this as KETO lunch today. I just started my Keto. Did it a while back with great success in terms of rapid weight loss. Mine is probably not fully Keto yet, just greatly reduced on carbs. Planning to lose 30 pounds. I just walked in and said I want the $5 Baconator just hold the buns and give me lettuce on top and bottom. She was nodding her head way before I could finish my sentence and just said, so you want as a lettuce wrap? Yes please. Needless to say, there's a lot of people doing this so I'm not looking stupid. Okay the Baconator lettuce wrap is DELISH because of all the meat and of course the BACON, which makes a hell of a difference. I felt full. The quarter pounder or big mac would never hit the spot like this without the bread. However, I would still need 2 lettuce baconators for dinner most likely. Without the buns, it's still only about 75% as good as the original, but that's more than good enough since it's diet approved. Although I did forget to tell her to hold the ketchup - rookie mistake.

By the way Keto was roughly ripped off of a little known diet popularized by a Polish MD almost 50 years ago and followed by many Poles in the US (can't say that's surprising given their huge reliance on animal fats), called the Optimum Diet. Check it out - https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/ct- ... story.html
Keto is winning over many folks. That said, unless you're a carnivore keto guy treating dietary inflammation, don't overdo it with pork and red meat. You can do keto with fish, salads, olive oil, and the occasional chicken.
plllll0 wrote:
May 8th, 2019 3:47 am
Life without carbs isn't worth living
You're always welcome in the keto fold, bud, when you see the light.

God bless.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 15, 2015
7477 posts
3632 upvotes
ON
Dinamo2016 wrote:
May 7th, 2019 11:29 pm
I finished 3 of these. I probably ate enough salt to kill a horse.
Let's not get carried away, maybe a pony...
Deal Fanatic
Jan 12, 2017
7522 posts
1746 upvotes
Was able to get 2 for 5$!
Images
  • upload.jpg
*SIG: OptiPlex™ 790 i5-2400 @3.1ghz 12gb DDR3 ram win10pro w/radeon rx460 rogers 500u @$24.99 using D-Link DIR-890L AC3200