Mont-Royal, QC
Nice
Know where to go for lunch until May 26
Deal Addict
Jun 6, 2015
1206 posts
672 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
So I just had a baconator yesterday, and I was surprised by how good it was.
Juicy, flavourful patties, just the right amount of ketchup and mayo, and the bacon was obvious killer also. Even the buns were quite good.

I would rate this burger as better than the double cheeseburger at Five Guys and Burgers Priest, but not better than both store's specialty burgers.
Deal Addict
Apr 26, 2013
1331 posts
509 upvotes
Toronto
DaFrugalJew wrote:
May 8th, 2019 3:40 am
You think that's frugal?

I live in a van down by the river, grind up racoons and roast them on the campfire.

Racoonator anyone? Keto style, wrapped in dandelion leaves?

Look out Wendy's, you've got competition!
The dandelion leaves is what really sold me.
Jan 1, 2010
313 posts
296 upvotes
story wrote:
May 8th, 2019 12:44 am
From Wendys or supermarket?
They offer free dipping sauces like sriracha and ranch.

It is not really advertised, but if you ask them they will give you some.
Jan 1, 2010
313 posts
296 upvotes
story wrote:
May 8th, 2019 8:51 am
How do you do that?
I think he might have completed the survey and gotten a free sandwich that way. However, it is usually limited to a Spicy Chicken or Dave's Single.

But yea, I'd like to know too.

Edit: Spelling
Last edited by ninja_warrior on May 8th, 2019 2:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 29, 2010
8620 posts
3030 upvotes
Toronto
ninja_warrior wrote:
May 8th, 2019 10:05 am
I think he might have complete the survey and gotten a free sandwich that way. However, it is usually limited to a Spicy Chicken or Dave's Single.

But yea, I'd like to know too.
yeah, survey and extreme ymmv on this. most places don't let you choose any burger/ sandwich.
Good, better, best. Never let it rest. 'Til your good is better and your better is best.
Penalty Box
Apr 15, 2011
3735 posts
452 upvotes
Scarborough
Just had one of these burgers and it's probably going to be the last one I eat for a long time. Man it was disgusting, the meat was over powering. I should have added lettuce to the burger, never crossed my mind because I never thought a burger could be so gross. It felt like fat sloppy grease sliding down my throat and into my blood stream.

I much prefer the Dave's single, with one 1/4lb beef, lettuce, tomato for $3 promotion they had last time. Or the chicken sandwich which was super delicious. This baconator is just a monstrosity, you're better off saving that $5.
[OP]
Nov 25, 2018
32 posts
187 upvotes
blaznazn22 wrote:
May 8th, 2019 1:59 pm
Just had one of these burgers and it's probably going to be the last one I eat for a long time. Man it was disgusting, the meat was over powering. I should have added lettuce to the burger, never crossed my mind because I never thought a burger could be so gross. It felt like fat sloppy grease sliding down my throat and into my blood stream.

I much prefer the Dave's single, with one 1/4lb beef, lettuce, tomato for $3 promotion they had last time. Or the chicken sandwich which was super delicious. This baconator is just a monstrosity, you're better off saving that $5.
You have the buyer’s remorse?
Deal Guru
Feb 19, 2008
13233 posts
3470 upvotes
London
blaznazn22 wrote:
May 8th, 2019 1:59 pm

Everything you just said that you didn't like is what makes it an amazing fast food burger.
Deal Addict
Dec 19, 2003
1368 posts
187 upvotes
Viper98 wrote:
May 8th, 2019 4:12 pm
Everything you just said that you didn't like is what makes it an amazing fast food burger.
+1 I always hoped to find a burger that the grease would go directly into my blood stream. That day has arrived.
Apr 11, 2017
105 posts
75 upvotes
bought one today. was allowed to add lettuce, onions and tomato for free.
Penalty Box
Apr 15, 2011
3735 posts
452 upvotes
Scarborough
Viper98 wrote:
May 8th, 2019 4:12 pm

You would think, but a burger like this just doesn't taste all that good. More meat doesn't equal better or even a good burger. There has to be a balance between the veggies and the meat. This had no lettuce, no tomato. Just 1/4kg of beef, plus bacon, cheese and if that wasn't enough, they even added mayo to increase the fats.

The Dave's single for $3 was a proper burger. You could eat two of those and enjoy them. The baconator is a gimmick.
Penalty Box
Apr 15, 2011
3735 posts
452 upvotes
Scarborough
SmokinbluntZ wrote:
May 8th, 2019 3:44 pm
You have the buyer’s remorse?
Good value, but taste isn't all that great. If I were to buy it again, I'd definitely ask for lettuce, tomato and onions. Also 1/2 bacon