Expired Hot Deals

[Wendy's] $5 Baconator's until May 26th

  • Last Updated:
  • May 26th, 2019 6:19 pm
Member
Aug 26, 2018
377 posts
741 upvotes
blaznazn22 wrote:
May 8th, 2019 1:59 pm
Just had one of these burgers and it's probably going to be the last one I eat for a long time. Man it was disgusting, the meat was over powering. I should have added lettuce to the burger, never crossed my mind because I never thought a burger could be so gross. It felt like fat sloppy grease sliding down my throat and into my blood stream.

I much prefer the Dave's single, with one 1/4lb beef, lettuce, tomato for $3 promotion they had last time. Or the chicken sandwich which was super delicious. This baconator is just a monstrosity, you're better off saving that $5.
Lettuce doesn't do much IMO other than to dress it up and make it look nice. Almost no flavor impact and little texture change. It's mostly in the tomato doing most of the work by adding sweetness, texture contrast and moisture with the lettuce adding a waterproof membrane to shield the tomato from the bun and to add a little 'green' to fool your eyes. Try adding ketchup, which is a substitute for tomatoes. Makes a huge difference. It's the sweetness that comes from the tomatoes that makes all the difference.

I downed 2 baconators again, but this time I added ketchup to both and it made a huge difference. The sweetness cuts into the meaty, salty and oily taste of a regular baconator by making it more palatable. Usually by my last bite of my second baconator, I would have had enough. It was the right sort of satisfaction, but I don't want another one. But with ketchup today, I am fully able to down one additional baconator if I really had to. I didn't because eating 3 a day is way over daily calorie intake, but ketchup made a huge difference because of the added sweetness.

This deal is a way better deal than $3 Dave's singles based on quantity of meat. Dave's single has one patty but this one has 2 plus bacon for $5. The best burger deal by Wendy's so far.
Deal Guru
Feb 19, 2008
13428 posts
3741 upvotes
London
blaznazn22 wrote:
May 8th, 2019 5:26 pm
You would think, but a burger like this just doesn't taste all that good. More meat doesn't equal better or even a good burger. There has to be a balance between the veggies and the meat. This had no lettuce, no tomato. Just 1/4kg of beef, plus bacon, cheese and if that wasn't enough, they even added mayo to increase the fats.

The Dave's single for $3 was a proper burger. You could eat two of those and enjoy them. The baconator is a gimmick.
The less veggies on a burger the better
Deal Addict
Aug 27, 2009
3932 posts
2251 upvotes
fattyburger11 wrote:
May 8th, 2019 5:50 pm
Lettuce doesn't do much IMO other than to dress it up and make it look nice. Almost no flavor impact and little texture change. It's mostly in the tomato doing most of the work by adding sweetness, texture contrast and moisture with the lettuce adding a waterproof membrane to shield the tomato from the bun and to add a little 'green' to fool your eyes. Try adding ketchup, which is a substitute for tomatoes. Makes a huge difference. It's the sweetness that comes from the tomatoes that makes all the difference.

I downed 2 baconators again, but this time I added ketchup to both and it made a huge difference. The sweetness cuts into the meaty, salty and oily taste of a regular baconator by making it more palatable. Usually by my last bite of my second baconator, I would have had enough. It was the right sort of satisfaction, but I don't want another one. But with ketchup today, I am fully able to down one additional baconator if I really had to. I didn't because eating 3 a day is way over daily calorie intake, but ketchup made a huge difference because of the added sweetness.

This deal is a way better deal than $3 Dave's singles based on quantity of meat. Dave's single has one patty but this one has 2 plus bacon for $5. The best burger deal by Wendy's so far.
Appreciate the review.
It’s a buy for me
Sr. Member
User avatar
Oct 1, 2013
869 posts
836 upvotes
jetertmac wrote:
May 6th, 2019 3:26 pm
In case people are curious to know what the nutritional value is of the burger ;)

Nutrition Facts
For a Serving Size of 1 Serving (100g)
Calories 970 Calories from Fat 531 (54.7%)
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 59g -
Saturated fat 23g -
Monounsaturated fat 22g -
Polyunsaturated fat 6g -
Cholesterol 210mg -
Sodium 1890mg 79%
Potassium 710mg -
Carbohydrates 41g -
Net carbs 39g -
Fiber 2g 8%
Glucose 9g
Protein 57g
Vitamins and minerals
Vitamin A 90μg 10%
Vitamin C 13.5mg 23%
Calcium 200mg 20%
Iron 4mg 50%
Fatty acids
Amino acids
* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs.
OMG I had one burger 2 days in a row. I feel guilty. Those saturated fat numbers though.
Sr. Member
User avatar
Jun 20, 2015
508 posts
124 upvotes
Place
would definitely get one this week!
Good luck!
Member
Jun 19, 2017
326 posts
601 upvotes
Canada
redflagdealsguy wrote:
May 6th, 2019 2:58 pm
I usually get the JBC keto-style, but I'm willing to compromise in respect to OP (on the JBC, not on the keto).
Hey RFDguy, when you say Keto, do you mean no bun or do they offer lettuce wrapping or some other alternative? Thank you.
Sr. Member
Jun 29, 2016
538 posts
203 upvotes
I had one of these today. Mmmmm.... the baconator. Not a lot of vegetables on it though, more like none. It was ok but I would not eat a lot of them.
I prefer more gourmet burgers, like blue cheese and lots of veggies.
[OP]
Newbie
Nov 25, 2018
33 posts
188 upvotes
Just got one and, sadly, I was disappointed with the amount of bacon. The picture shows over-sized bacon strips literally protruding out of the bun. Mine were these teeny tiny little strips that barely covered the surface of the beef patty.

I'll try one more at my usual Wendy's, hopefully it's better.
Member
Nov 19, 2005
280 posts
185 upvotes
Toronto
fattyburger11 wrote:
May 8th, 2019 5:50 pm
Lettuce doesn't do much IMO other than to dress it up and make it look nice. Almost no flavor impact and little texture change. It's mostly in the tomato doing most of the work by adding sweetness, texture contrast and moisture with the lettuce adding a waterproof membrane to shield the tomato from the bun and to add a little 'green' to fool your eyes. Try adding ketchup, which is a substitute for tomatoes. Makes a huge difference. It's the sweetness that comes from the tomatoes that makes all the difference.

I downed 2 baconators again, but this time I added ketchup to both and it made a huge difference. The sweetness cuts into the meaty, salty and oily taste of a regular baconator by making it more palatable. Usually by my last bite of my second baconator, I would have had enough. It was the right sort of satisfaction, but I don't want another one. But with ketchup today, I am fully able to down one additional baconator if I really had to. I didn't because eating 3 a day is way over daily calorie intake, but ketchup made a huge difference because of the added sweetness.

This deal is a way better deal than $3 Dave's singles based on quantity of meat. Dave's single has one patty but this one has 2 plus bacon for $5. The best burger deal by Wendy's so far.
Username checks out, I guess.

How do you add the ketchup? Ask them at the till or do you ask for ketchup packets and add it yourself in a certain way? I'm loving the baconator, had it a couple of times now.
Sr. Member
Aug 12, 2012
801 posts
330 upvotes
Richmond Hill
govas19 wrote:
May 8th, 2019 8:59 pm
Don't know man... bacon and ketchup?
Is this a serious question?? Bacon and ketchup all day! Bacon and anything ALL DAY!!
Member
Jan 1, 2010
337 posts
311 upvotes
I had one and it was one of the best burgers at Wendys I have ever had.

Wouldn't pay full price but at $5, definite no brainer,

Only problem is, I'm only going to be be eating it once a week and I already had mine for the week. :(
Sr. Member
User avatar
Nov 22, 2011
827 posts
168 upvotes
Batcave
I dunno how some people are complaining about the lack of veggies in a burger called the Baconator.

Anyway I do appreciate the suggestion to add lettuce, tomato and onions for free. I tried that today and it was pretty good. Though I kind of prefer it without veggies. When I get the Baconator it's because I want a greasy burger and early death, not a variation of a Dave burger.

I freaking love all the sandwiches at Wendy's. My favorite fast food since I was a kiddo. I miss the pita wraps...
“Nothing harms me. But I know pain. I know pain. Sometimes I share it. With someone like you.” - Batman . . . . .

Top