• Last Updated:
  • May 26th, 2019 6:19 pm
Aug 27, 2014
340 posts
180 upvotes
Viper98 wrote:
May 9th, 2019 12:25 pm
Sliders don't count as burgers.
I'm not sure of what I'm missing. I don't understand how home-made burgers would be sliders. They actually tend to be much bigger than anything from fast food joints and their thin patties.

I would need at least 3 baconators to be full; they look so miserable in real life (unlike the pictures).
Last edited by LuxErus on May 9th, 2019 12:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Aug 12, 2004
4108 posts
1458 upvotes
Calgary
jetertmac wrote:
May 6th, 2019 3:26 pm
In case people are curious to know what the nutritional value is of the burger ;)

Nutrition Facts
For a Serving Size of 1 Serving (100g)
Calories 970 Calories from Fat 531 (54.7%)
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 59g -
Saturated fat 23g -
Monounsaturated fat 22g -
Polyunsaturated fat 6g -
Cholesterol 210mg -
Sodium 1890mg 79%
Potassium 710mg -
Carbohydrates 41g -
Net carbs 39g -
Fiber 2g 8%
Glucose 9g
Protein 57g
Vitamins and minerals
Vitamin A 90μg 10%
Vitamin C 13.5mg 23%
Calcium 200mg 20%
Iron 4mg 50%
Fatty acids
Amino acids
* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs.
Without bun it's a keto diet dream. Removing ketchup also cuts the carbs further down. Best keto meal ever!

Nutrition Facts
Serving Size: 1 sandwich (250 g)

Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 495Calories 750

% Daily Values*
Total Fat 55g 85%
Saturated Fat 23g 115%
Polyunsaturated Fat 6g
Monounsaturated Fat 22g
Trans Fat 3g
Cholesterol 200mg 67%
Sodium 1520mg 63%
Potassium 640mg
Total Carbohydrate 5g 2%
Dietary Fiber -
Sugars 4g
Protein 51g
Aug 26, 2018
377 posts
741 upvotes
LuxErus wrote:
May 9th, 2019 12:29 pm
I'm not sure of what I'm missing. I don't understand how home-made burgers would be sliders. They actually tend to be much bigger than anything from fast food joints and their thin patties.

I would need at least 3 baconators to be full; they look so miserable in real life (unlike the pictures).
You need 3 baconators to be full? Are you speaking from experience or armchair quarterbacking? Have you even tried at least 2 in real life? I'm a pretty big eater. I down food like nobody's business at AYCE. 2 baconators gets me full. I can eat 3 for sure, but it wouldn't be my natural inclination as I would have been satisfied already at 2.

Also, the reason patties are thin at most fast food burger joints is to improve flavors. It's intentional. When you burn or char meat, you're causing a Maillard reaction on the meat which gives it a unique meaty flavor. Thin patties have highest total surface area for the same volume, meaning it allows for the highest amount of meat with Maillard reaction per unit weight/volume of beef when thinned out.

There are two ways in which beef/steak can be done to improve taste/texture, either to brown it (which improves taste) or to serve beef medium rare (which is good texturally). They can't serve beef medium rare when they are ground and processed at fast food joints to make patties due to health regulations, and so the tenderness that comes from being medium rare is not an option. The only other option to boost flavor is to thin out patties and get as much Maillard reaction as possible, then stack on more thin patties as you want to increase meat content. That's why it's thin. It's intentional.
[OP]
Nov 25, 2018
32 posts
187 upvotes
This is a man’s burger, no question. I can literally feel my heart struggling to work as i stuff my face. Belly is full.
Jun 29, 2016
391 posts
125 upvotes
Couldn't resist and had another, I wanted to try it with lettuce and tomato. No extra ketchup since it already has some. I recommend it, not bad for $5.
I think I'll stop now I can feel the arteries clogging up.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 29, 2010
8612 posts
3030 upvotes
Toronto
personally i stay away from the extra ketchup as too much clashes with the bacon and cheese. extra mayo/ sriracha mayo would likely work though. i just go heavy on all the free veggies. makes it go down much easier.
Good, better, best. Never let it rest. 'Til your good is better and your better is best.
Aug 30, 2015
437 posts
142 upvotes
Kitchener, ON
I was craving for one today and after driving for 15 minutes I see a sign posted on their door "OUR SYSTEMS ARE DOWN SO WE ARE UNABLE TO TAKE ANY ORDERS" :(
Deal Guru
Feb 19, 2008
13223 posts
3442 upvotes
London
LuxErus wrote:
May 9th, 2019 12:29 pm

The only burgers that are being made for that price are sliders. You're not making 1/2 lb burger with 6 slices of bacon for $2
Deal Fanatic
Jun 29, 2010
8612 posts
3030 upvotes
Toronto
there always has to be some random wise guy spouting off about blah blah blah i can make it at home for cheaper. duh, no kidding.
and has already been discussed making a half pound cheese burger with 6 slices of bacon isn't that much cheaper if made at home especially taking into account the time and effort to purchase and cook everything.
Good, better, best. Never let it rest. 'Til your good is better and your better is best.
Deal Addict
Jun 6, 2015
1205 posts
668 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
fattyburger11 wrote:
May 9th, 2019 12:53 pm
You need 3 baconators to be full? Are you speaking from experience or armchair quarterbacking? Have you even tried at least 2 in real life? I'm a pretty big eater. I down food like nobody's business at AYCE. 2 baconators gets me full. I can eat 3 for sure, but it wouldn't be my natural inclination as I would have been satisfied already at 2.

Also, the reason patties are thin at most fast food burger joints is to improve flavors. It's intentional. When you burn or char meat, you're causing a Maillard reaction on the meat which gives it a unique meaty flavor. Thin patties have highest total surface area for the same volume, meaning it allows for the highest amount of meat with Maillard reaction per unit weight/volume of beef when thinned out.

There are two ways in which beef/steak can be done to improve taste/texture, either to brown it (which improves taste) or to serve beef medium rare (which is good texturally). They can't serve beef medium rare when they are ground and processed at fast food joints to make patties due to health regulations, and so the tenderness that comes from being medium rare is not an option. The only other option to boost flavor is to thin out patties and get as much Maillard reaction as possible, then stack on more thin patties as you want to increase meat content. That's why it's thin. It's intentional.
I'm a big eater and I would say 2.5 is the sweet spot for dinner, 3 would make me feel slightly bloated.

I'm also very surprised at all the comments saying the Baconator doesn't taste good, I think it tastes better than five guys regular burgers
Deal Fanatic
Jan 18, 2003
5307 posts
1195 upvotes
Mississauga
LuxErus wrote:
May 9th, 2019 12:22 pm
$5 for a burger is considered a deal?

Damn, I should get in the burger business. Just had 2 double burgers at home yesterday, must have cost $2 to make, BBQ-operating costs included.
dollarama burger patties? lol
Deal Addict
Sep 4, 2007
2135 posts
962 upvotes
I've only had Son of Baconator before, so today was the first time.

Tasted so good, but immediately after, I felt like a shock in my stomach for like half a second. Worth it still.
Nov 16, 2006
744 posts
230 upvotes
Somewhere between Mi…
I wonder how much an extra bun would cost with this. I could ask for double veggies on the baconator and make 2 burgers out of it, if I had an extra bun. (I guess I could buy a pack of buns at Metro and "Bring My Own Bun" if they charge too much)
Apr 11, 2007
743 posts
398 upvotes
Oakville
i added Big mac sauce and somehow it taste' smoother