Deal Fanatic
Jun 29, 2010
8678 posts
3079 upvotes
Toronto
yohung wrote:
May 9th, 2019 2:33 pm
i added Big mac sauce and somehow it taste' smoother
mac sauce is basically just jazzed up mayo. so yeah, that's why it would "somehow" taste smoother.
Good, better, best. Never let it rest. 'Til your good is better and your better is best.
Jul 5, 2018
223 posts
820 upvotes
LuxErus wrote:
May 9th, 2019 12:22 pm
$5 for a burger is considered a deal?

Damn, I should get in the burger business. Just had 2 double burgers at home yesterday, must have cost $2 to make, BBQ-operating costs included.
Since you want to try to be a smart ass let's just use math to prove your stupidity.
Please tell us all where someone can get two quarter pound beef patties, 6 slices of bacon, two cheese slices, condiments and a bun for $2. Do the math on all the parts for us.

After you do that calculate how much you'd have to sell an hour to make the average salary in Ontario of someone that isn't a youth. That's about $27.5 an hour. Also throw in providing a convenient location for customers and rent for it.

Even if you were somehow making them for $2 each just to make what an average person in Ontario makes you'd need to sell about 1600 a month just to make the average. Throw in rent and you're probably looking closer to 2500-3000 in a month.

Let's say you realise $2 cost is ridiculous and it's $3.50 for example you'd need to sell 5000-6000 in a month. If you work 21 days a month you're looking at 238-285 a day. In a 8 hour day that's 30-35 burgers an hour or 60-70 patties an hour, 180-210 slices of bacon, and also assembling them all. Don't forget any prep time and clean time either.

You think that's a good way to make loads of money? That's assuming you even get customers in the first place. You'd need to find a way to get them in the door. In winter that becomes harder as well.

So yes, $5 is a deal.
No, you are not some amazing cooking guru that can get rich off doing this. You'd have to do all that work, take that risk, just to be make what the average person in Ontario makes.

If you think I am wrong then go do it and prove me and everyone else here wrong. I'll happily acknowledge and congratulate you if you've proven me wrong when you've completed it. Actions speak louder than words.
Last edited by MyUsernameDoesntMatter on May 9th, 2019 3:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Aug 26, 2018
377 posts
741 upvotes
chevyz07 wrote:
May 9th, 2019 2:07 pm
I'm a big eater and I would say 2.5 is the sweet spot for dinner, 3 would make me feel slightly bloated.

I'm also very surprised at all the comments saying the Baconator doesn't taste good, I think it tastes better than five guys regular burgers
In days of yore, especially at AYCE, I used to eat to the point of being bloated. All because I wanted to get my money's worth. Went to pig out at AYCE, and so I often did. Ate only the most expensive items, such as the meats and skipping all the carbs, and leave the restaurant at the point of puking. But then I feel like crap afterwards. So I began to ask what's the point? The point is to enjoy your meal and have a good experience, so nowadays with AYCE I eat to a level where I am comfortably full where I will no longer have food craving for a while. And this is how I judge my baconator consumption target too. 2 baconators at around dinner time gets me to a satisfied level of fullness where I probably won't be hungry for the rest of the day and will leave having zero aftereffects from the food. Mission accomplished. To each their own. Some people are bigger eaters than I, but from my experience I am a bigger eater than everyone I know so I don't expect many people will want to eat 3 baconators as a baseline.

Definitely better value than Five Guys especially with the promos. And better tasting too IMO. The only thing I get at Five Guys occasionally are their cajun fries. The burgers are expensive and the value for money isn't there IMO. Also I don't like how they don't toast their buns.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 25, 2006
5410 posts
680 upvotes
noway wrote:
May 9th, 2019 2:20 pm
I wonder how much an extra bun would cost with this. I could ask for double veggies on the baconator and make 2 burgers out of it, if I had an extra bun. (I guess I could buy a pack of buns at Metro and "Bring My Own Bun" if they charge too much)
Bring your own buns. You sir, are GENIUS! Technically that would be a daves single.

Or better, ask for extra lettuce wraps on the side along with the bun xD
"If you make a mistake but then change your ways, it is like never having made a mistake at all" - Confucius
Deal Addict
Jun 6, 2015
1208 posts
675 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
fattyburger11 wrote:
May 9th, 2019 3:09 pm
In days of yore, especially at AYCE, I used to eat to the point of being bloated. All because I wanted to get my money's worth. Went to pig out at AYCE, and so I often did. Ate only the most expensive items, such as the meats and skipping all the carbs, and leave the restaurant at the point of puking. But then I feel like crap afterwards. So I began to ask what's the point? The point is to enjoy your meal and have a good experience, so nowadays with AYCE I eat to a level where I am comfortably full where I will no longer have food craving for a while. And this is how I judge my baconator consumption target too. 2 baconators at around dinner time gets me to a satisfied level of fullness where I probably won't be hungry for the rest of the day and will leave having zero aftereffects from the food. Mission accomplished. To each their own. Some people are bigger eaters than I, but from my experience I am a bigger eater than everyone I know so I don't expect many people will want to eat 3 baconators as a baseline.

Definitely better value than Five Guys especially with the promos. And better tasting too IMO. The only thing I get at Five Guys occasionally are their cajun fries. The burgers are expensive and the value for money isn't there IMO. Also I don't like how they don't toast their buns.
Agreed wtih the AYCE and five guys!
Deal Expert
Dec 1, 2003
20307 posts
2295 upvotes
YUL
Matth10 wrote:
May 9th, 2019 2:43 pm
Keto style with cottage cheese pancakes

I'm doing keto right now. That looks so good. Wendy's also has cottage cheese pancakes?
Deal Guru
Feb 24, 2018
10744 posts
10851 upvotes
Matth10 wrote:
May 9th, 2019 2:43 pm
Keto style with cottage cheese pancakes
The student has exceeded the teacher.

How did you get 'cottage cheese pancakes' from Wendy's.... that looks like it was cooked with wheat-based batter.
Oct 26, 2014
13 posts
Oakville, ON
najibs wrote:
May 9th, 2019 4:10 pm
I'm doing keto right now. That looks so good. Wendy's also has cottage cheese pancakes?
I'm fairly certain if you get this burger without the bun it would still be keto friendly.
Deal Expert
Dec 1, 2003
20307 posts
2295 upvotes
YUL
DannyC01 wrote:
May 9th, 2019 4:13 pm
I'm fairly certain if you get this burger without the bun it would still be keto friendly.
Yeah, but I don't like eating my burger from a plate with a fork. I need to trick my mind...
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2007
4176 posts
2582 upvotes
redflagdealsguy wrote:
May 7th, 2019 3:16 pm
This is the keto life folks, lose weight as you enjoy life's best foods. He could've added the lettuce wrap to make it a sandwich, but no one is perfect.

Reposted in full glory:
I thought keto is all about healthy fats like nuts and avocado.
Feb 4, 2017
279 posts
226 upvotes
WL1980 wrote:
May 9th, 2019 4:41 pm
That's the proper way to Keto and then the improper way to Keto (namely these fast food unhealthy fats and stuff with cream cheese).

For people that stick to the unhealthy way, the weight comes back hard and fast once they go off. I don't know many people that stay Keto for too long but that's just from the group I know.
Deal Guru
Feb 24, 2018
10744 posts
10851 upvotes
WL1980 wrote:
May 9th, 2019 4:41 pm
There are ways to stay in keto and eat like a god-fearing gun-toting American man.... of which I am sadly not.
Jan 13, 2012
106 posts
111 upvotes
Vancouver
This thread has been utterly fantastic, from the deal itself, through people debating the merits of keto baconators all the way to those missing the whole point of RFD and saying "I could do this better/cheaper/tastier myself!!!!!1!". I don't post often, but will today. Thank you to all involved, it's time for my mid afternoon baconator.
[OP]
Nov 25, 2018
33 posts
188 upvotes
All this talk of keto-this and keto-that is complete nonsense. If you think eating this burger with a lettuce wrap instead of the bun makes it any healthier, you’re deluding yourself.