[Wendy's] $5 Baconator's until May 26th

• Last Updated:
  • May 26th, 2019 6:19 pm
Deal Guru
May 14, 2007
14947 posts
1913 upvotes
Scarborough / Markha…
Just got one, non keto friendly with lettuce and onions.

That hit the spot :razz:
Deal Addict
Jul 18, 2005
3529 posts
172 upvotes
najibs wrote:
May 21st, 2019 10:55 am
I had a keto baconator. Just asked for it with no bun and wrapped in lettuce instead. Taste was great. Even better than 5 guys IMO
Not sure about that - 5 guys hands down (for me). For $5 right now, the baconator isn't bad, but at regular price, I prefer 5 guys.
Deal Guru
Feb 24, 2018
11485 posts
11762 upvotes
najibs wrote:
May 21st, 2019 10:55 am
I had a keto baconator. Just asked for it with no bun and wrapped in lettuce instead. Taste was great. Even better than 5 guys IMO
Look at all the menschs in this thread having their keto baconators, despite the haters.

I broke down today and had another keto baconator, I made sure they stacked pickles, onions, and tomato. Added a side salad in deference to the health gods.

Good weather, good food, what more to ask for?
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2017
3188 posts
1888 upvotes
Vancouver
redflagdealsguy wrote:
May 21st, 2019 4:49 pm
Look at all the menschs in this thread having their keto baconators, despite the haters.

I broke down today and had another keto baconator, I made sure they stacked pickles, onions, and tomato. Added a side salad in deference to the health gods.

Good weather, good food, what more to ask for?
Did you remember to make sure it was real cheese/not processed? :P
Deal Guru
Feb 24, 2018
11485 posts
11762 upvotes
Paigne wrote:
May 21st, 2019 5:28 pm
There's a name that rarely presents himself. God bless.

And yes, real.
Nov 25, 2007
774 posts
438 upvotes
Toronto
Had my first baconator today and it was not bad. I cant remember the last time I had Wendy's but I was surprised my burger was actually hot with steam coming off it. Don't think I ever saw that from McD, BK, A&W, etc
Oct 11, 2012
121 posts
67 upvotes
Had a double on Saturday after a week of salivating as motivation for my treadmilling. Wasn’t as good as I remembered and didn’t seem to be a deal - the combo with small fries and small drink was $12.53. Overall it was disappointing.
Deal Addict
Oct 5, 2006
1078 posts
657 upvotes
Calgary
AllenWayne wrote:
May 21st, 2019 8:08 pm
Had a double on Saturday after a week of salivating as motivation for my treadmilling. Wasn’t as good as I remembered and didn’t seem to be a deal - the combo with small fries and small drink was $12.53. Overall it was disappointing.
You paid $7 for a small fry and drink? Something's wrong
Deal Fanatic
Jun 24, 2006
7096 posts
1788 upvotes
lord wayne wrote:
May 21st, 2019 8:34 pm
You paid $7 for a small fry and drink? Something's wrong

How much does the DOUBLE cost under this deal if the standard is $5?
Deal Fanatic
Jul 17, 2008
9536 posts
2422 upvotes
Paigne wrote:
May 21st, 2019 5:28 pm
How can you get real cheese? I haven't been to Wendy's in years.

Can you pay extra for real cheese?
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2004
1169 posts
336 upvotes
preorder big batch and have delivered for ramadan party and tell store manager they will get lots of social media publicity; then let me know where and when and I can do some honourary ramadan celebrating
Sep 21, 2008
445 posts
375 upvotes
I just listened to an interesting episode of White Coat - Black Art on CBC where a number of physicians/nutritionists spoke about the Kedo diet of new-found fame. One was interestingly talking about how some pretty good research showed that saturated fats aren't bad for you. My whole world is upside-down now!!! In for 10.

The saturated fats is the real concern on there.
[/quote]
Deal Guru
Feb 24, 2018
11485 posts
11762 upvotes
buriboi wrote:
May 22nd, 2019 7:37 am
I just listened to an interesting episode of White Coat - Black Art on CBC where a number of physicians/nutritionists spoke about the Kedo diet of new-found fame. One was interestingly talking about how some pretty good research showed that saturated fats aren't bad for you. My whole world is upside-down now!!! In for 10.

The saturated fats is the real concern on there.
Well... I'm a keto guy (... could you guess? ...) but I don't go overboard on the MCT or saturated fats... I also moderate my meat intake.

You can do keto and consume reasonable amounts or Omega 3 and Olive Oil, and not run afoul with the AMA or AHA.

Few doctors hate on keto diets based heavily in vegetable salads, salmon (and other fishes), with moderate lean chicken... all with generous drenchings of olive oil (supplementing with Omega 3). You don't need to throw out all of conventional medicine on ketosis.

I did a blood test recently.... all normal, as a still overweight man, this is unusual. No issues with cholesterol, blood sugar, liver or kidney function. It's a beautiful thing.

Anyways, back to our Baconator discussion, we've reached our quota for keto discussion on this page.