• Last Updated:
  • May 26th, 2019 6:19 pm
Deal Addict
Aug 27, 2009
3704 posts
2022 upvotes
redflagdealsguy wrote:
May 22nd, 2019 8:14 am
Well... I'm a keto guy (... could you guess? ...) but I don't go overboard on the MCT or saturated fats... I also moderate my meat intake.

You can do keto and consume reasonable amounts or Omega 3 and Olive Oil, and not run afoul with the AMA or AHA.

Few doctors hate on keto diets based heavily in vegetable salads, salmon (and other fishes), with moderate lean chicken... all with generous drenchings of olive oil (supplementing with Omega 3). You don't need to throw out all of conventional medicine on ketosis.

I did a blood test recently.... all normal, as a still overweight man, this is unusual. No issues with cholesterol, blood sugar, liver or kidney function. It's a beautiful thing.

Anyways, back to our Baconator discussion, we've reached our quota for keto discussion on this page.
How tall are you and how much you weigh
Jan 25, 2009
408 posts
65 upvotes
Had two Baconators today back to back. Loved it with their fries!!!
Deal Addict
Mar 31, 2017
4688 posts
1893 upvotes
I think dominoes 50% off is the better deal. But who says you cant have both. Burger for lunch, pizza for dinner and following morning breakfast.
Mar 1, 2019
49 posts
88 upvotes
Hamilton, ON
This thread just makes me want to open a Keto burger joint right next to a crossfit studio and sell meatballs wrapped in lettuce all day.

Guaranteed, I'd make a gazillion dollars.

And I'd be hiding in the back eating normal hamburgers the whole time...
Oct 8, 2010
724 posts
143 upvotes
Toronto
DaFrugalJew wrote:
May 22nd, 2019 4:45 pm
This thread just makes me want to open a Keto burger joint right next to a crossfit studio and sell meatballs wrapped in lettuce all day.

Guaranteed, I'd make a gazillion dollars.

And I'd be hiding in the back eating normal hamburgers the whole time...
or vegan restaurant.
Aug 26, 2018
341 posts
651 upvotes
The only food threads free from keto discussions are pizza threads. It's a breath of fresh air with all those 50% off pizza deals going on right now. There's no way to twist it to make keto work when it comes to pizzas. Carbs is an integral part of a pizza.
Deal Guru
Jun 26, 2011
12103 posts
2344 upvotes
Markham
fattyburger11 wrote:
May 22nd, 2019 8:05 pm
The only food threads free from keto discussions are pizza threads. It's a breath of fresh air with all those 50% off pizza deals going on right now. There's no way to twist it to make keto work when it comes to pizzas. Carbs is an integral part of a pizza.
Don't get the cauliflower crust crowd going
Mar 1, 2019
49 posts
88 upvotes
Hamilton, ON
fattyburger11 wrote:
May 22nd, 2019 8:05 pm
Hmmm... Indeed...

You must try the lettuce crust pizza, it's simply to die for....

*adjusts monocle*
Deal Addict
Jul 15, 2006
1867 posts
236 upvotes
Vancouver
Ordered 2 with extra tomatoes, lettuce and pickles. Finished both. Wasn't bad.
Deal Guru
Mar 22, 2004
12055 posts
2509 upvotes
RFD
I only tried my first Baconator for the first time two days ago. I got it topped up as a burger with everything free (lettuce, tomato, pickles, onions). For $5 it's definitely worth it. Not sure I'd buy this at regular price as its pricey on its own. Tastes very good for a fast food chain restaurant premium burger, I'd rate it as a 7/10. The bacon was crispy and had enough bacon that it was worth it. So much better than the other bacon burger I ate at a different fast food chain restaurant which had two measly soft strips. I'd say the only downfall was the bun which became soggy pretty quick after soaking up all the juices.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 24, 2018
8714 posts
8867 upvotes
Call your cardiologists, let them know you're taking a Baconator siesta from your diet.

Keep the keto Baconators flowing.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 24, 2018
8714 posts
8867 upvotes
BoombasticSloth wrote:
May 23rd, 2019 3:20 am
Ordered 2 with extra tomatoes, lettuce and pickles. Finished both. Wasn't bad.
I'm 6'2" and over 200lb, how are you menschs eating this much in one sitting?
Deal Guru
Jun 26, 2011
12103 posts
2344 upvotes
Markham
redflagdealsguy wrote:
May 25th, 2019 12:43 pm
I'm 6'2" and over 200lb, how are you menschs eating this much in one sitting?
2 without fries? Easy lol