Tags:
None
Deal Expert
Jun 9, 2003
25307 posts
2524 upvotes
Markham, ON
yes the wendy's one is best by far compared to mcdic and bk

so disappointed last year when it was over...
Deal Addict
May 14, 2007
2611 posts
79 upvotes
I actually saw this when traveling abroad, but two filets kinda ruins the balance of the burger.

Tried the Wendy's fish... it's not bad for fast food. It doesn't even come close to fish on a bun from a decent fish&chip place IMO, but it's very decent for what it is. The crust is pretty crispy!
hordosr wrote: anybody try to order a double filet @ mcd's, if so how much would they charge?
Deal Addict
Jan 9, 2008
1231 posts
14 upvotes
Toronto
I got one today, it's soo good! I let my sister have some and she loved it. And it has a full slice of cheese. I still haven't forgiven McDonald's for the half cheese slice.

I hope they keep it around for a while, I actually like this more than the filet o fish.
Dec 8, 2006
81 posts
Vancouver, B.C.
ruhroh wrote: I got one today, it's soo good! I let my sister have some and she loved it. And it has a full slice of cheese. I still haven't forgiven McDonald's for the half cheese slice.

I hope they keep it around for a while, I actually like this more than the filet o fish.
On topic with the "balance" of burgers, I've had the filet-o-fish with a full slice of cheese and I personally find the sharpness of the cheese to be over-powering. There is a reason why they do it the way they do it for so many years.

However, I do understand that certain people may have different preferentials for tangy-ness given off by cheese.
Deal Addict
Dec 22, 2005
3286 posts
46 upvotes
Ottawa
ruhroh wrote: I got one today, it's soo good! I let my sister have some and she loved it. And it has a full slice of cheese. I still haven't forgiven McDonald's for the half cheese slice.

when did they start putting cheese on them? i had one last time it was a special and i swear it only had lettuce and tartar sauce/mayo
Deal Guru
Sep 2, 2008
12603 posts
2308 upvotes
monty613 wrote: when did they start putting cheese on them? i had one last time it was a special and i swear it only had lettuce and tartar sauce/mayo
They have always had cheese on them.
Mar 11, 2006
256 posts
1 upvote
Toronto
The one I had two days ago had no cheese on it.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 18, 2009
5016 posts
559 upvotes
Southwestern Ontario
Shimso wrote: Had the Wendy's one this morning and its actually pretty good. Better than the Filet o Fish. The fish looked surprisingly the same as in the commercial and the batter was crispy while the fish was still moist. They forgot the cheese I ordered, though...
3.69 for the sandwich, 5.69 for the small combo, 0.40 for cheese.
Apparently you pay $.40 extra for the cheese.
Deal Fanatic
May 2, 2009
7946 posts
3603 upvotes
ruhroh wrote: I hope they keep it around for a while, I actually like this more than the filet o fish.
If I recall correctly from last year, it's only on the menu until Easter.
Deal Addict
Jan 9, 2008
1231 posts
14 upvotes
Toronto
Alphamale wrote: On topic with the "balance" of burgers, I've had the filet-o-fish with a full slice of cheese and I personally find the sharpness of the cheese to be over-powering. There is a reason why they do it the way they do it for so many years.

However, I do understand that certain people may have different preferentials for tangy-ness given off by cheese.
I'm pretty sure they had full slices a long time ago. I remember one day getting a filet o fish and wondering where my other half of the cheese went.
bonterra wrote: If I recall correctly from last year, it's only on the menu until Easter.
:cry:
Mar 2, 2007
727 posts
23 upvotes
How much are they selling the fish sandwich combo at Wendy's for?
Deal Fanatic
Sep 18, 2009
5016 posts
559 upvotes
Southwestern Ontario
callitasicit wrote: How much are they selling the fish sandwich combo at Wendy's for?
If it not too much effort, read post #20 in this thread.
Dec 8, 2006
81 posts
Vancouver, B.C.
ruhroh wrote: I'm pretty sure they had full slices a long time ago. I remember one day getting a filet o fish and wondering where my other half of the cheese went.

Hmm, I don't remember that far back so you could(are) be(probably) right. For myself, personally, I've only ever remembered having half a slice and having a full slice wasn't as tasty.
Oct 8, 2008
209 posts
7 upvotes
Wendy's makes a nice fish sandwich...does anyone know why its a timed promotion and not a permanent addition to the menu....could it be tied to seasonal fish availability?
Sep 18, 2006
238 posts
8 upvotes
we had 2 on the weekend.

I will never eat BK fish burger

Wendy fish burger rocks, you can taste the difference.

We had it with Wendy's chili and side potato. < which can't be matched by McDonald
Banned
Feb 4, 2002
4070 posts
102 upvotes
Barrie, Ontario
longt wrote: Wendy's makes a nice fish sandwich...does anyone know why its a timed promotion and not a permanent addition to the menu....could it be tied to seasonal fish availability?
That would be my guess. Has to do with pricing.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 18, 2009
5016 posts
559 upvotes
Southwestern Ontario
longt wrote: Wendy's makes a nice fish sandwich...does anyone know why its a timed promotion and not a permanent addition to the menu....could it be tied to seasonal fish availability?
I had one today and I liked it better than the Filet o' Fish.
It was not well promoted (one out of the way sign) so Wendy had to prepare it fresh for me. That was fine, I didn't mind waiting 5 minutes while 7 people behind the counter handled three other orders while I waited. However, the fries portion of the $5.69 combo also sat cooling on the tray. McD's doesn't do this.
When it arrived, the fish sandwich was hot, crispy and slightly larger than McD's. It was garnished with bland lettuce and mayo, so I added s&p.
I really enjoyed it, but next time I'd have them serve both items at once, hot out of the kitchen.
The sign said it was north Pacific cod, which could be pollack, like McD's, but not seasonal.
Deal Fanatic
May 2, 2009
7946 posts
3603 upvotes
jayt90 wrote: When it arrived, the fish sandwich was hot, crispy and slightly larger than McD's. It was garnished with bland lettuce and mayo, so I added s&p.
It really needs pepper. I always ask them to put lots on while they're making it. 2 packets is just right.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)