• Feb 20th, 2016 5:26 am
Tags:
None
Deal Guru
Jan 2, 2006
12227 posts
157 upvotes
that's hilarious.

I bought one last night to see what the hype was about, and threw on about 6 of those small pepper packets. I like lots of pepper on my food. So that's probably about 2 more than most ppl here.

But yeah it was pretty bland, but not as greasy as the McD's ones from what i remember.
WTB: A Dance With Dragons from A Song of Ice and Fire
Deal Fanatic
May 2, 2009
7946 posts
3603 upvotes
originalnutta wrote: I bought one last night to see what the hype was about, and threw on about 6 of those small pepper packets. I like lots of pepper on my food.
It could actually use some cayenne pepper or Barbados style mustard hot sauce. Or lots of pickled pepper rings.

That's one nice thing about Harveys, pepper rings.
Oct 22, 2007
148 posts
2 upvotes
Toronto
longt wrote: Wendy's makes a nice fish sandwich...does anyone know why its a timed promotion and not a permanent addition to the menu....could it be tied to seasonal fish availability?
Someone posted on the previous page that its only available until Easter so i assume its a promo for the menu as an alernative for those who give up meat for Lent until Easter? Smart move Wendy's!

I'm also curious to try this. I haven't had a McDonald's one in years and i miss them! The reviews for Wendy's version sound pretty good! And i want cheese on mine!

Is there a sauce on it?
Deal Fanatic
May 2, 2009
7946 posts
3603 upvotes
HOTasFCUK wrote:
Is there a sauce on it?
It's got a mild tartar sauce on it. Could use more tang in the sauce.
Deal Addict
Feb 17, 2005
4995 posts
2427 upvotes
Markham
I like it but I agree the tartar is lacking. Had it 3 times, it needs more kick.
Deal Fanatic
May 2, 2009
7946 posts
3603 upvotes
I started asking for a slice of tomato and slice of onion. It adds some crunch.
Deal Addict
Apr 9, 2008
2944 posts
247 upvotes
Toronto
damn, I am gonna try it tomorrow.
Does Wendy's have daily specials like BK??
Is Friday a fish day like BK?
Deal Addict
May 3, 2008
4442 posts
247 upvotes
Didn't like it, just a plain fish fillet in a bun. Didn't even have tartar sauce or cheese on it. I didn't know that you had to ask to add ingredients but when I ordered, the cashier never said "would you like .... on your burger".
Deal Addict
Apr 9, 2008
2944 posts
247 upvotes
Toronto
Nettles wrote: Didn't like it, just a plain fish fillet in a bun. Didn't even have tartar sauce or cheese on it. I didn't know that you had to ask to add ingredients but when I ordered, the cashier never said "would you like .... on your burger".
Exact same experiance.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 18, 2003
6472 posts
2364 upvotes
Mississauga
it automatically comes with lettuce and tartar sauce....

if you want cheese, you need to pay 40 cents.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 18, 2009
5016 posts
559 upvotes
Southwestern Ontario
I had another today, and it was dead cold. Bland tasting, though I expected that.

That's all for me. They had one good one out of two visits.

I can hit a fish and chips shop for the same price ($6.65 combo) and I know the fish portion will be bigger, maybe twice the size, fresher, piping hot and served with tartar sauce. And prepared with some enthusiasm, unlike the franchise places.
Deal Fanatic
May 2, 2009
7946 posts
3603 upvotes
I've been making my own fish sandwiches since stumbling on a "Blowout" deal at RCSS. Trident brand Pubhouse breaded Halibut was 50% off, regularly $17.99 for 906 grams. I've got 4 boxes to get through.

I'm not really big on frozen fish but this stuff is good. The breading is thin and crisps up well, the fish is fresh tasting, fairly moist.

They also sell it at Costco, I think $13.49 for the same size box.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 18, 2009
5016 posts
559 upvotes
Southwestern Ontario
Metro has it 2for 1 this week; a smaller box, 2 for $13.99
Deal Fanatic
May 2, 2009
7946 posts
3603 upvotes
jayt90 wrote: Metro has it 2for 1 this week; a smaller box, 2 for $13.99
Saw that. But after buying my 99 cent a pound turkeys, I'm out of freezer space!!

Metro is also the place to buy Maille Cornichons, the best pickle for homemade Tartar sauce.
Deal Addict
Oct 9, 2003
3943 posts
1374 upvotes
Vancouver
Back in time just for Lent for people who are abstaining from meat on Fridays. ;)

Had one yesterday! yum!
Deal Fanatic
May 2, 2009
7946 posts
3603 upvotes
Thanks for letting us know, I was wondering when they'd be back.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 18, 2009
5016 posts
559 upvotes
Southwestern Ontario
My impression of Wendy's vs McDonald's fish sandwich last year was that Wendy's was slightly pricier, had lettuce, and a slightly larger piece of fish. It was quite good and cooked to order; however they set aside my fries at the same time they ordered the sandwich, and I'll never accept that again.
The McDonald's filet 'o fish was not quite as good, and always pre-cooked and re-heated. I even tried ordering it without cheese, but it still came within seconds.
If McDonald's has a good price on the double filet starting in mid-March I would still buy it.
Deal Addict
Mar 4, 2007
2371 posts
495 upvotes
Vancouver
Hi,

McD has the fillet of fish on sale for $2.99. Probably targating Wendy's fish burger. Like they had free coffee to target Tim Horton's roll up the rim. McD's fish weights in at 146 g. Wendy's fish weights in at 157 g.(without cheese). I'm not paying $.40 for a piece of plastic cheese. The Wendy's fish is a drier burger, needs more tartar sauce.
Deal Fanatic
May 2, 2009
7946 posts
3603 upvotes
Fraser River Rat wrote: Hi,

The Wendy's fish is a drier burger, needs more tartar sauce.
Had one yesterday. That's exactly what I thought, next time I'm ordering double Tartar sauce. A slice of tomato is also good on it.
Deal Fanatic
May 2, 2009
7946 posts
3603 upvotes
Just saw the ad. It's baaaack.....again.

I still think it's the best of the fast food fish sandwiches. Wonder if they'll do a double.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)