• Last Updated:
  • Jan 16th, 2019 2:11 am
Deal Addict
Dec 25, 2006
2567 posts
315 upvotes
Darkman wrote:
Jan 11th, 2019 11:54 am
The burger's sauce is not that great ... I didn't like it anyhow. Mayo based or whatever it was.

If go there again ... I'd direct them not to put the sauce on mine. :)
Yeah..I wasn't a fan...not sure I'd try it again..

A&W > Wendy's IMO
Jan 20, 2006
663 posts
48 upvotes
Montreal
MooseV2 wrote:
Jan 10th, 2019 8:33 pm
Very frustrating. I went through the tedious process of installing the app and registering an account on THREE phones and when I brought them in the guy there said he wasn't willing to give me any burgers for free. In fact, the guy said he never heard of the app. Can you believe that? No wonder the managers only make minimum wage there. Plus now I'm in the doghouse because I didn't bring food home to my wife so she was hungry. They've certainly lost my business.
the worst part when I read this comment is who are you judging manager is making minimum wage... really? If you make better salary than Wendy's manager, why the F* not pulling your wallet and use that money to buy something? If you want three FREE burger, at least bring three people with you and give them a phone each. Seriously i respect frugal but I despise people been cheap like you. You might look rich ourside but your soul is poor, real poor.
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2007
1715 posts
435 upvotes
Scarborough
Darkman wrote:
Jan 11th, 2019 11:52 am
If the code revealed it suppose to disappear ...

Mine did. And yes, I recall it was 600.

Why is yours still in the app after revealing it?

My wife still has hers ... cuz they didn't even bother with her app, after "doing it in my phone".

But my code is gone.

My mother still has her code in the app ... cuz she didn't go to Wendy's yet.
Not sure, maybe a glitch. I was gonna check if it was same code or not and use it again if it was different, but i guess everyone's code is the same.
Koodo
Tangerine
PayTM
😉😉😉
Mar 29, 2006
87 posts
28 upvotes
Grabbed one from the Crowfoot location in Calgary. The lady working the till knew exactly what I was asking for when I showed her the app
Deal Fanatic
May 7, 2007
5396 posts
1476 upvotes
ExcelPremium wrote:
Jan 11th, 2019 8:51 pm
Yeah..I wasn't a fan...not sure I'd try it again..

A&W > Wendy's IMO
I didn't .... Had my burger without that sauce today, just ketchup etc ...
My wife didn't cancel the sauce on hers however ... Go figure. :D
Dec 11, 2007
203 posts
62 upvotes
Kitchener
Hit up Wendy's earlier for a single Dave Burger that was thankfully free after I download it the mobile app but my local St Thomas, Ontario store put fast food to a whole new level, as I think they forgot to cook my burger, LOL you're killing me...... not literally but potentially. LOL
Images
Images
  • received_2409552629117972.jpeg
  • received_401549737248363.jpeg
  • received_1917935324981829.jpeg
Deal Addict
Dec 25, 2006
2567 posts
315 upvotes
Darkman wrote:
Jan 12th, 2019 12:57 am
I didn't .... Had my burger without that sauce today, just ketchup etc ...
My wife didn't cancel the sauce on hers however ... Go figure. :D
Did it taste better without that sauce?
Deal Guru
Mar 22, 2004
11447 posts
1865 upvotes
RFD
saturnvuebots wrote:
Jan 12th, 2019 1:39 am
Hit up Wendy's earlier for a single Dave Burger that was thankfully free after I download it the mobile app but my local St Thomas, Ontario store put fast food to a whole new level, as I think they forgot to cook my burger, LOL you're killing me...... not literally but potentially. LOL
Images
They took free to a whole new level. Report that to Wendy's HQ and even fill out the Ministry of Health form and they will follow up.
Jul 12, 2012
164 posts
27 upvotes
Sarnia
Called ahead to my local Wendy's.

They knew about it and said they are accepting the Canadian one. Cashier took a few minutes to figure out and I thanked her for her time and said no worries when she apologized. Got the burgers no problem. This was the Sarnia location. Burger was surprisingly really good.
Jul 12, 2012
164 posts
27 upvotes
Sarnia
Also my code is still showing. Although I have a ticket stub from the Sarnia Sting to get another free burger.. team got stomped 10-2
Jan 22, 2007
196 posts
48 upvotes
Here's how Wendy's 'Dave's Single' fairs against the Mama Burger offer at A&W:

Since these threads usually get side railed into comparing other burger joints, I thought I would contribute too lol

Dave's and A&W are both on a promotion for $3 but free is way better and glad to know they finally have the app offer in Canada. Dave's version is a quarter pound! Not bad....

As one poster said early in the discussion sooo many fast food places can't get it together to make an app. I think Burger King recently launched one in the US (1 cent Whopper promo...if you installed it in the parking lot of a McDonald's lol). Not sure if it's coming to Canada since it is now a Canadian company. I would say Starbucks and McDonald's are the only chains with decent apps. All the pizza ones are terrible too.
Deal Fanatic
May 7, 2007
5396 posts
1476 upvotes
ExcelPremium wrote:
Jan 12th, 2019 2:55 am
Did it taste better without that sauce?
I don't know ... Really ... But at least, my conscience was clear :D
Deal Fanatic
May 7, 2007
5396 posts
1476 upvotes
saturnvuebots wrote:
Jan 12th, 2019 1:39 am
Images
Is that a double (in the middle picture) ... or you broke it / cut it in half and placed one half on top the other half? :D
Feb 18, 2017
18 posts
2 upvotes
Leask
AlMosDef wrote:
Jan 12th, 2019 12:46 am
Grabbed one from the Crowfoot location in Calgary. The lady working the till knew exactly what I was asking for when I showed her the app
Excellent i'm close to that one

Thread Information

There are currently 7 users viewing this thread. (3 members and 4 guests)

urbanwetwork, JohnMc1567, letmesee