None
Deal Addict
Jul 28, 2003
1879 posts
55 upvotes
Toronto

Wendy's Jalapeno Cheddar Double Melt

Has anyone tried this yet?

I had one a couple nights ago. I personally didn't find it that good. The one I had was packed with way too many jalapeno slices, and the spiciness was all I could taste. It ruined the flavor of everything else--mainly because each bite consisted of 3 or 4 jalapeno slices. I could have gotten the same experience by eating a couple jalapenos raw.

Anyone else have any comments about the burger?
17 replies
Deal Addict
Jul 15, 2002
1668 posts
219 upvotes
I had one last week. I think they are pretty good.

If there are too many jalapenos, just fish a few out.
Deal Addict
Jul 28, 2003
1879 posts
55 upvotes
Toronto
Defiant wrote: I had one last week. I think they are pretty good.

If there are too many jalapenos, just fish a few out.
I scarfed it down in a hurry. I never thought of clearing out some jalapenos. Maybe next time.
UrbanPoet wrote: maybe your a light weight... if u cant handle the pressure dont take the HEAT!
Heh, maybe. The spiciness wasn't the problem, it was the tangy taste of the jalapenos that didn't blend in with the other flavors. It overpowered everything for me.

It could have been the particular Wendy's I went to that prepared it that way. I'll try it again some time at another location.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 31, 2005
9916 posts
28 upvotes
I like when they blend the cheese with the peppers, instead of laying them bluntly on there. The fake dairy seems to neutralize the spiciness.
In Every Heart Red Strength, Our Hearts Are Many, Our Strength Your Envy
Deal Expert
Oct 10, 2006
22205 posts
137 upvotes
Victoria
MadCow wrote: Has anyone tried this yet?

I had one a couple nights ago. I personally didn't find it that good. The one I had was packed with way too many jalapeno slices, and the spiciness was all I could taste. It ruined the flavor of everything else--mainly because each bite consisted of 3 or 4 jalapeno slices. I could have gotten the same experience by eating a couple jalapenos raw.

Anyone else have any comments about the burger?
Haha - MadCow and burgers :lol:

Anyway, I enjoy jalepeno but agree too much can be overwhelming. That said, the burger I had seemed to have the right balance.
Deal Guru
Dec 3, 2003
14494 posts
252 upvotes
Mississauga
I love jalapenos but the 'cheeze sauce' they use is gross.
I give it 6/10.
Heatware 47-0

"Giving money to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys."
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
52937 posts
18145 upvotes
ONTARIO
MadCow wrote: I scarfed it down in a hurry. I never thought of clearing out some jalapenos. Maybe next time.

Heh, maybe. The spiciness wasn't the problem, it was the tangy taste of the jalapenos that didn't blend in with the other flavors. It overpowered everything for me.

It could have been the particular Wendy's I went to that prepared it that way. I'll try it again some time at another location.
Yeah.. Maybe you did get a few extra jalapenos... b/c usually fast food places dont serve stuff that is too extremely spicy since they cater to such a large market.
Feb 28, 2002
557 posts
5 upvotes
GTA
Definitely have to try one this weekend! Lookijng forward to some spicy processed cheese goodness!
Deal Addict
Apr 4, 2003
4758 posts
130 upvotes
Oakville
I just had my first one - the 1/2 pounder - it was great.

You have to have them fresh and eat-in. The burger will get too soggy if wrapped too long...
Deal Addict
Feb 17, 2005
4995 posts
2427 upvotes
Markham
I loved it despite the cheeze whiz, not too many spicy options for fast food
Deal Expert
Mar 7, 2005
18841 posts
1954 upvotes
Elmira
i tried one, wasnt too crazy about it... the jalepeno burger from DQ looked better
Deal Addict
Feb 17, 2005
4995 posts
2427 upvotes
Markham
I love DQ burgers, especially when they have the special where you buy 2 for $3 or 2 cheeseburgers for $5 something like that.
Deal Addict
Apr 26, 2006
1357 posts
291 upvotes
Toronto
mlc2000 wrote: I love jalapenos but the 'cheeze sauce' they use is gross.
I give it 6/10.
i second that..
Deal Expert
Oct 10, 2006
22205 posts
137 upvotes
Victoria
duckdown wrote: i tried one, wasnt too crazy about it... the jalepeno burger from DQ looked better

didn't know DQ had one as well - will have to check it out
Deal Addict
Apr 4, 2003
4758 posts
130 upvotes
Oakville
sportmiester wrote: didn't know DQ had one as well - will have to check it out
Their DQ Flamethrower burger is pretty wimpy IMHO. Canadians generally can't take spicey. (Go to the Southwest USA and see all the spicey options everywhere.)
Jan 1, 2004
249 posts
I've had a it a few times, it's great.

Though the time I got it @ Scotiaplaza they gave the Jalape
Deal Fanatic
May 28, 2002
8423 posts
312 upvotes
Kitchener
mlc2000 wrote: I love jalapenos but the 'cheeze sauce' they use is gross.
I give it 6/10.
Is it that nasty nacho sauce mcdonalds uses too?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)