• Jan 29th, 2009 4:03 pm
Tags:
None
Mar 21, 2008
270 posts
20 upvotes
Calgary

Wendy's New Combo Sizes

Yesterday I went to Wendy's for lunch. I was last there in early December. I found that in addition to all of the combo prices increasing by 10 cents and the 3/4 lb. Triple w/Cheese combo increasing by 20 cents, they played around with the combo sizes. Previously, all Wendy's combos came with a medium side and a medium drink. A large side and a large drink was $0.59 extra. Now, there are three sizes, the largest being massive!

Small (same as old medium) - included in combo price
Medium (same as old large) - add $0.69
Large (new) - add $1.09

I ordered a 3/4 lb. Triple w/Cheese Combo with the large coke and fries.
8.39 + 1.09 = 9.48 + 5% GST = $9.95 That is expensive for one person at a fast food restaraunt. The large fountain soft drink cups are huge! Must be at least 1L, they are plastic like 7-Eleven's Big Gulps. The Large fries are twice the size of the old large fries, i'd say half a kilo. Canadians are going to get sick like the Americans. As if the old large (now Medium) wasen't big enough. I will be getting medium for my Wendy's combos now... and I am a big eater.
9 replies
Deal Addict
Jun 7, 2005
4272 posts
64 upvotes
You order a 3/4 lb burger and super size it and you blame the store for this??

There are many better options, even at stores like Wendies.
Deal Addict
Jan 9, 2008
1231 posts
14 upvotes
Toronto
CalgaryMan wrote:
Jan 28th, 2009 10:07 pm
Canadians are going to get sick like the Americans. As if the old large (now Medium) wasen't big enough. I will be getting medium for my Wendy's combos now... and I am a big eater.
Why would we get sick like Americans unless we upsize our current meals? Just because the size has changed doesn't mean we can't order a "small/medium" anymore. Makes no sense unless you're absolutely intent on eating a "medium" fries and drinking a "medium" soft drink regardless of volume.
Dec 18, 2008
948 posts
22 upvotes
in the states for the last few years you always order a combo by size even at mcdonalds

its about time they brought it up to Canada

but prices are going up everywhere

the wendys salads made a big jump last year - they were arounf $5.99 and are now $6.49 - $6.99
Deal Guru
Apr 17, 2005
12170 posts
277 upvotes
i think im just going to wendys tomorrow just to see what the hubbub is about
----------------------
References:
My HoFo, eBay, HeaT & RFD Feedback! 100% POSITIVE!
Available upon request.
Rehan wrote:
Nov 13th, 2009 4:04 pm
All of you shut your mouths and leave the OP alone.
[OP]
Mar 21, 2008
270 posts
20 upvotes
Calgary
Siefer999,

There is no real "hubbub" at Wendy's. Only the option of getting a MASSIVE fountain soft drink (1L +) and MASSIVE fries (1/2 kg). And of course, newly inflated prices for just about everything on their menu.
Deal Addict
Nov 24, 2002
2210 posts
71 upvotes
Ottawa
CalgaryMan wrote:
Jan 29th, 2009 11:47 am
Siefer999,

There is no real "hubbub" at Wendy's. Only the option of getting a MASSIVE fountain soft drink (1L +) and MASSIVE fries (1/2 kg). And of course, newly inflated prices for just about everything on their menu.
That's awesome! I can now upsize my combo and it'll feed the two of us, instead of having to order two regular-size combos! :cheesygri

~V79~
[OP]
Mar 21, 2008
270 posts
20 upvotes
Calgary
That's awesome! I can now upsize my combo and it'll feed the two of us, instead of having to order two regular-size combos!
yup! you will be able to do that! The fountain soft drink and the fries are plenty for two!
Deal Guru
Apr 17, 2005
12170 posts
277 upvotes
CalgaryMan wrote:
Jan 29th, 2009 11:47 am
Siefer999,

shhhh.... it's just an excuse for me to eat more fast food. dont tell anybody though
----------------------
References:
My HoFo, eBay, HeaT & RFD Feedback! 100% POSITIVE!
Available upon request.
Rehan wrote:
Nov 13th, 2009 4:04 pm
All of you shut your mouths and leave the OP alone.
Deal Expert
Mar 7, 2005
17602 posts
732 upvotes
Brampton
It's the same size as ever, you just think its the same size as before because of the red container the fries are in.

Now the large is the OLD red container, with a yellow stripe on the side
come troll our unofficial chatroom at #redflagdeals on EFnet
× < >