[OP]
Deal Fanatic
May 23, 2003
9403 posts
966 upvotes
GTA

Wendy's new fries - "Nature-cut with sea salt"

[IMG]http://www.wendys.com/images/product_lrg/18.png[/IMG]

Heard them talk about it on the radio this morning and I was curious so stopped by not long ago to pick up a small... Disappointed... The guy mentioned they were salty, boy were they EVER! They were really flimsy too (not crisp fried) and the salt seemed very powdery (not like traditional sea salt that I have had with larger crystals). I was eating it in my car so I didn't get a good look at them. Having said that if no one told me they were different fries I would have thought they were the same old ones as before.

Anyone else try them yet?

http://www.wendys.com/food/Product.jsp? ... product=20
26 replies
Deal Addict
Mar 21, 2010
4610 posts
1413 upvotes
Toronto
Tried them, didn't like them as much as the old ones (and never liked Wendy's much anyway). They never used to have "skin on" fries, did they?
Deal Fanatic
Jun 11, 2005
7376 posts
1679 upvotes
Mississauga
I tried them recently and i like them much better than the old fries. The sea salt was a nice touch.
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2006
1347 posts
90 upvotes
GTA
antigua1999 wrote:
Dec 5th, 2010 9:29 pm
I tried them recently and i like them much better than the old fries. The sea salt was a nice touch.

+1. I feel the same way.
Deal Addict
Sep 14, 2004
3801 posts
86 upvotes
Toronto
I definitely want to try these out.
Proud supporter of Tour for Kids and Ride for Karen!

Come chat live with other RFD'ers on IRC! #redflagdeals on EFNet!

Peace!
Deal Addict
Aug 24, 2008
1799 posts
371 upvotes
Oakville
DUBLIN, OH—Representatives for the restaurant chain Wendy's announced Tuesday that due to the item's continually dismal performance, the company would be discontinuing the widely disliked hamburger sandwich.

Company sources also announced that they would be phasing out their unpopular French-fried potatoes, which were added to the menu in an ill-fated, and some said bizarre, attempt to find a pairing for the hamburger sandwich—a combination deemed "thoroughly unappetizing" by 95 percent of Wendy's customers in a recent survey.
http://www.theonion.com/articles/wendys ... ich,18007/ :confused:
Deal Guru
Apr 17, 2005
12622 posts
833 upvotes
were their old fries ever salted?
----------------------
References:
My HoFo, eBay, HeaT & RFD Feedback! 100% POSITIVE!
Available upon request.
Rehan wrote:
Nov 13th, 2009 4:04 pm
All of you shut your mouths and leave the OP alone.
Deal Guru
Oct 14, 2003
14224 posts
1094 upvotes
booo I hope you can get them unsalted. I don't eat added salt.
Science
is the new
rock 'n'
roll.
Deal Expert
Aug 9, 2004
21622 posts
261 upvotes
Mississauga
Siefer999 wrote:
Dec 6th, 2010 12:18 am
were their old fries ever salted?

Ya, lots of salt, like all the burger places. You really couldnt tell? :?: I never understood why they give extra packets of salt with your order at the drive through, b/c they already come plenty salted.

As to the new ones, the difference is subtle IMO. To me, its like a hint of vinegar in the salt. They're good though.
Thanks for the memories, RFD.
Good-bye.
May 31, 2007
410 posts
65 upvotes
Toronto
Ojam wrote:
Dec 6th, 2010 12:50 am
booo I hope you can get them unsalted. I don't eat added salt.

Yes you can! :) just ask for no salt..
Deal Guru
Apr 17, 2005
12622 posts
833 upvotes
stealth wrote:
Dec 6th, 2010 1:02 am
Ya, lots of salt, like all the burger places. You really couldnt tell?:?: I never understood why they give extra packets of salt with your order at the drive through, b/c they already come plenty salted.

i really couldnt tell. they were always so bland that I always had to salt my own limp fries. good thing they have other options.
----------------------
References:
My HoFo, eBay, HeaT & RFD Feedback! 100% POSITIVE!
Available upon request.
Rehan wrote:
Nov 13th, 2009 4:04 pm
All of you shut your mouths and leave the OP alone.
Deal Addict
Mar 18, 2008
2711 posts
477 upvotes
I tried these a few weeks back and they were definitely too salty for my taste. I actually liked the older ones better. They were crispier imo.