• Last Updated:
  • Oct 13th, 2004 1:18 pm
Tags:
None
Mar 15, 2004
314 posts
44 upvotes
Toronto
the last time i went to the wendy's near my school, they just asked me if i was a student and i said yes and they gave me a student discount.
Not sure if it applies to all wendy's cuz there's 2 near my school (centennial college ashtonbee campus). The one on Warden gave it to me. The one in the power center don't give u one i believe. Not sure though.
Deal Expert
Oct 15, 2002
18196 posts
137 upvotes
GTA
Their burgers are even worse than McD's IMO. Love their breakfast though. For those stores that are open early and serve bacon/ham/eggs. :D
[OP]
Deal Guru
Oct 14, 2003
14224 posts
1094 upvotes
felix wrote:Their burgers are even worse than McD's IMO. Love their breakfast though. For those stores that are open early and serve bacon/ham/eggs. :D
Non of the ones around here have Breakfast, I like their Spicy Chicken. The only think I like a McD's are their McChicken.
Science
is the new
rock 'n'
roll.
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2004
30493 posts
5033 upvotes
East Gwillimbury
All fast food is bad for you. Nothing but fat and salt.

You guys are crazy.

Wendy's is probably the cheapest of all the fast food joints.

The most expensive has to be the sub places. Quiznos and Subway

McDonalds is not cheap either. The cheapest combo at Wendy's is $3.99. Tell me who has a cheaper combo.

I agree with Zeni. Where are you going to find a lunch for less than $5?

After Wendy's, Burger King is next as far as value goes.
Dec 7, 2002
816 posts
Gee wrote:All fast food is bad for you. Nothing but fat and salt.

You guys are crazy.

Wendy's is probably the cheapest of all the fast food joints.

The most expensive has to be the sub places. Quiznos and Subway

McDonalds is not cheap either. The cheapest combo at Wendy's is $3.99. Tell me who has a cheaper combo.

I agree with Zeni. Where are you going to find a lunch for less than $5?

After Wendy's, Burger King is next as far as value goes.
BK may be 2nd in Value, but it's dead last in taste. :confused:

It's obvious that all fast food is bad for you, but really, one burger a month isn't gonna kill you, so enjoy it. :)

I'd personally rather live a shorter life, and be able to enjoy to it's fullest, rather than nitpick and weigh my food and such, and chance it not even helping me live longer. But hey, that's just me. :cheesygri
Jun 19, 2004
417 posts
eh^ wrote:What....wendys has a student discount ? :|
i never knew that
me neither
Feb 11, 2002
536 posts
31 upvotes
Calgary
Doom Dealer wrote:I'm currently boycotting Wendy's temporarily after the E-Coli case @ a Wendy's in Calgary.

As for student discounts... I never knew they had any either! I don't usually have fast food for lunch anyways; when I do, I only do it on Wed/Fri when McD's have their $1.69 McChicken/Filet Fish.
There is no reason to boycott Wendy's for the E-coli case that came up. There was at least three places that were involved in it and they are thinking that it was either the packers or the distributors where the food became infected. If this is the case food could have been sent to many different fast food restaurants.
Jul 15, 2003
602 posts
143 upvotes
GTA, Ontario
There are plenty of places to get a lunch for less than $5. Do what I do and just bring your own water, or even ask because most places will have water for free. Just go to food courts if you have any near you, hopefully without all McD and such. Being at Ryerson is great since I have access to everything within the path. You can eat there everyday for the whole school year and never go to the same place (depending on how far you go).

One example is Asian Gourmet at Atrium, there is a coupon where you get 10% off EVERY TIME as long as you show it with your coupon. Just don't let them take it from you.... :confused:

I found greek food to be fairly cheap ($4.23 tax in) and you get either roast chicken leg or pork soulv with rice, salad and a cup of water (remember to ask for it). And they give huge portions, at least at the one I go to, 3 ladels of rice which almost falls off the plate.

I understand that you may not have the luxury of schooling somewhere near good and cheap food, and that just isn't fair, go complain :cheesygri
Nov 29, 2003
400 posts
Dymis wrote:There are plenty of places to get a lunch for less than $5. Do what I do and just bring your own water, or even ask because most places will have water for free. Just go to food courts if you have any near you, hopefully without all McD and such. Being at Ryerson is great since I have access to everything within the path. You can eat there everyday for the whole school year and never go to the same place (depending on how far you go).

One example is Asian Gourmet at Atrium, there is a coupon where you get 10% off EVERY TIME as long as you show it with your coupon. Just don't let them take it from you.... :confused:

I found greek food to be fairly cheap ($4.23 tax in) and you get either roast chicken leg or pork soulv with rice, salad and a cup of water (remember to ask for it). And they give huge portions, at least at the one I go to, 3 ladels of rice which almost falls off the plate.

I understand that you may not have the luxury of schooling somewhere near good and cheap food, and that just isn't fair, go complain :cheesygri

mmm... cheap greek food. I will look into this again when I go to ryerson next year... can't wait to eat all that yummy food!!