Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Wendy's

Wendy's 1/4 LB single combo $5.00

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 29th, 2018 11:36 am
Tags:
None
Aug 29, 2017
29 posts
12 upvotes
Toronto
As mentioned by others, if you want a double burger don't ask for a double burger. Instead, ask for the single and then ask to add a large patty (which is $1.20 extra).

Some guy was in line after me and ordered a double combo while I was waiting. I told him to get the single combo on special and add a large patty. Saved him $2-3.

Assuming there isn't a significant difference between a double and an upsized single.
Jun 27, 2017
345 posts
156 upvotes
Ottawa
I switched my fries for chili and the meal was good. Will try adding a patty next time. How much it cost to upsize the side to a medium? Can the drink be substituted for anything?
Jan 14, 2017
32 posts
21 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
TheCheapCDN wrote: I switched my fries for chili and the meal was good. Will try adding a patty next time. How much it cost to upsize the side to a medium? Can the drink be substituted for anything?
Drink can be replaced with Frostys
Jun 27, 2017
345 posts
156 upvotes
Ottawa
Myselff wrote: Drink can be replaced with Frostys
Sweet, thanks for the info. The Wendy's I go to has the freestyle coke machine which is neat but I don't drink much soft drinks.
Jul 15, 2016
148 posts
71 upvotes
I got this yesterday, and exchanged the pop for a coffee. Wasnt bad. Will probably take advantage of this promo a few more times before it expires.
Deal Addict
Aug 8, 2015
1112 posts
1318 upvotes
Toronto
BeapChastard wrote: I'm bulking, currently eating 5k calories a day.

I bought the combo plus a jbc and it was $8.10.
You indeed need to bulk according to your picture.
Deal Guru
Mar 22, 2005
12640 posts
6013 upvotes
itchin4deals wrote: If Dave's single is $5 would Dave's double be on sale as well? Dave's single combo is like eating a snack....
Dave's double not on sale.

More than enough for me and I am 5' 11"
Deal Fanatic
Apr 8, 2010
5621 posts
1552 upvotes
Toronto
Ducky wrote: i can confirm you can change your fries to a different side...
you can change it to poutine or chilli cheese at no extra cost? that would make it even better
Deal Addict
Oct 16, 2008
4731 posts
2788 upvotes
I don't know what it is with Wendy's beef burgers. So bland, it's almost like there's no seasoning/spices. Tastes like...nothing. Their chicken burgers on the other hand are very very good.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 18, 2003
6484 posts
2389 upvotes
Mississauga
Gotoff wrote: you can change it to poutine or chilli cheese at no extra cost? that would make it even better
no...i meant a side that is equivalent...ie. baked potato(sour cream & chive) chili, side salad, etc
Jun 30, 2017
368 posts
482 upvotes
i thought extra patty is 1.25? got charge 1.75 tonight
Deal Addict
Nov 1, 2010
2301 posts
1422 upvotes
Montreal
RealRayRey wrote: i thought extra patty is 1.25? got charge 1.75 tonight
I was told $2.29 a week ago.
Oct 31, 2017
301 posts
78 upvotes
Wendy's hamburgers and fries are so bland!!!!! I wonder if it is for health nuts?
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2007
2639 posts
407 upvotes
Winnipeg
We have a school fundraiser card, so get a free small frosty with this too. Took the family and folks out to lunch last Sundasy, $30 for 6 combos with frostys!
Deal Fanatic
May 25, 2009
8480 posts
5296 upvotes
Toronto
PDC720 wrote: As mentioned by others, if you want a double burger don't ask for a double burger. Instead, ask for the single and then ask to add a large patty (which is $1.20 extra).

Some guy was in line after me and ordered a double combo while I was waiting. I told him to get the single combo on special and add a large patty. Saved him $2-3.

Assuming there isn't a significant difference between a double and an upsized single.
What do you mean by "large" patty? Aren't the patties all the same 1/4lb size (besides the junior burgers)? A double is 2x 1/4lb, and an "upsized single" or "single with added patty" is also 2x 1/4lb... so they would be identical, no??
Aug 29, 2017
29 posts
12 upvotes
Toronto
fightbriz wrote: What do you mean by "large" patty? Aren't the patties all the same 1/4lb size (besides the junior burgers)? A double is 2x 1/4lb, and an "upsized single" or "single with added patty" is also 2x 1/4lb... so they would be identical, no??
I think that's just naming convention. The guy at the store I went to called it a large patty. All the same.
Deal Guru
Mar 22, 2005
12640 posts
6013 upvotes
Mrsleah wrote: Wendy's hamburgers and fries are so bland!!!!! I wonder if it is for health nuts?
????

No idea what u are talking about
Deal Fanatic
Dec 8, 2007
5550 posts
2221 upvotes
Best deal currently on RFD. +100
Hydropwnics wrote:"TodayHello is a certified hustler and original gangster."
Deal Fanatic
Jun 17, 2013
5120 posts
1501 upvotes
Montreal
had one the other day after the gym. delicious when hungry!