Tags:
None
[OP]
Feb 5, 2009
816 posts
54 upvotes

Wenger sling bag at costco 40bucks

I picked one of these up tonite,
has anyone ever tried it? It looks like a lowepro 100aw.. but I am just wondering if it'll hold up.
15 replies
Deal Fanatic
May 29, 2003
5854 posts
691 upvotes
dealCker wrote:
Nov 13th, 2009 10:12 pm
I picked one of these up tonite,
has anyone ever tried it? It looks like a lowepro 100aw.. but I am just wondering if it'll hold up.
As long as you like it, that's all it matters, right? ;)
[OP]
Feb 5, 2009
816 posts
54 upvotes
cy wrote:
Nov 13th, 2009 10:53 pm
As long as you like it, that's all it matters, right? ;)
True dat, but I was looking to see if anyone has any concerns with it..
It isn't that big and I can't really carry much more than a camera a couple of smaller lenses and maybe a few accessories.

Then again I am just planning on using it to carry my d40x and 18-200 mostly.

I wanted a bag that was decent to take on vacatiion like maui

Any opinions/advice as to what to take?
I want to travel fairly light and have easy/quick access to my camera
Jun 9, 2006
64 posts
3 upvotes
Etobicoke
I dropped into COSTCO specifically to check this out, since it was exactly what I was looking for. I got a free lowe pro 180aw bag when i bought my DSLR, but I prefer this style of bag (or a small backpack one). The only ones I've seen in this style are the lowe pro slingshot 100aw, but they are $90. I couldn't justify that with a brand new lowe pro bag already. This one is not quite up to the superb quality of the lowe pro bag, but it's pretty decent.
I'll craigs list the 180aw and use this one. It has some nice features:
1) the side zip allows you to swing it around from your back and open it from what it now the top of the bag.
2) it has a lens cleaning cloth attached to the edge of the main compartment that tucks into a little pouch for easy access.
3) it has a rain cover that pulls out from a slot at the bottom of the bag.
This will do nicely for less than 1/2 the price of the slingshot.
Great deal OP! You should post it in the hot deals area.
Thanks
Dave
[OP]
Feb 5, 2009
816 posts
54 upvotes
Thanx Nelcotte
posted in Hot deals. lets see if others think it's decent deal
Oct 16, 2007
741 posts
18 upvotes
any link? i could not find a pic on costco.ca?
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2007
1174 posts
143 upvotes
Edmonton
I picked up the Swiss Sling bag at costco 40 bucks. I returned the next day. It is too small, almost a bit smaller than the 100AW. However, I must say the Swiss looks handsome.

I turned around picked up the 200AW from Vistek for double the price 80 loonies.
Dec 3, 2003
332 posts
thanks OP
grabbed one on the way home from work.
this will do light duty when i don't wanna use my Kata 3N1
Deal Addict
Oct 29, 2005
1060 posts
55 upvotes
uglyguy wrote:
Nov 16th, 2009 11:42 am
I picked up the Swiss Sling bag at costco 40 bucks. I returned the next day. It is too small, almost a bit smaller than the 100AW. However, I must say the Swiss looks handsome.

I turned around picked up the 200AW from Vistek for double the price 80 loonies.
I bought one yesterday as well and it is a really nice bag, unfortunately, it is too small for my needs. I have an XSi, 18-55mm, 50mm 1.8 and 430ex flash and it was pretty tight. I already have a Crumpler 5MDH that fits all this, but I was looking for something easier to lug around when out and about.

How much larger is the 200AW? And you got it for $80? That's a good deal... it retails for $120.
Deal Addict
Sep 21, 2007
4277 posts
71 upvotes
Winnipeg
can someone post pics of the bag please?
"An essential aspect of creativity is not being afraid to fail." -- Edward Land
My Flickr
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2007
1174 posts
143 upvotes
Edmonton
ggweci wrote:
Nov 17th, 2009 9:09 am
I bought one yesterday as well and it is a really nice bag, unfortunately, it is too small for my needs. I have an XSi, 18-55mm, 50mm 1.8 and 430ex flash and it was pretty tight. I already have a Crumpler 5MDH that fits all this, but I was looking for something easier to lug around when out and about.

How much larger is the 200AW? And you got it for $80? That's a good deal... it retails for $120.
200AW is much more roomy compare to the Swiss one from Costco. I got it PM'd at London Drugs compare to Vistek over the weekend. If you like i can scan for you the receipt to PM it.

I can fit Nikon D3000, 18-55, 35, room for a flash, room for another lens prob. up to 105; AND i manage to fit my Sony camcorder 200V too.

I just used it last night, it was very comfortable on my back while carrying my 2 y/o boy around Galaxy Land in West. Edm. Mall. The only thing i found awkward for me with the 200AW is it can only swing from left to right; i need to get used to this because i am a right-to-left person.
Deal Addict
Oct 29, 2005
1060 posts
55 upvotes
uglyguy wrote:
Nov 17th, 2009 11:22 am
200AW is much more roomy compare to the Swiss one from Costco. I got it PM'd at London Drugs compare to Vistek over the weekend. If you like i can scan for you the receipt to PM it.

I can fit Nikon D3000, 18-55, 35, room for a flash, room for another lens prob. up to 105; AND i manage to fit my Sony camcorder 200V too.

I just used it last night, it was very comfortable on my back while carrying my 2 y/o boy around Galaxy Land in West. Edm. Mall. The only thing i found awkward for me with the 200AW is it can only swing from left to right; i need to get used to this because i am a right-to-left person.
Interesting... so it's substantially larger.

Thanks for the offer on the receipt... $80 is a little pricey for me, especially since I already have a bag that fits my gear. That's why I tried the Costco bag... it was cheap and if it could replace my current bag and give me more room then I'd have kept it.
Jul 19, 2008
200 posts
50 upvotes
Picked one up last night. Fits my Canon XS, 70-300mm IS, 50mm, and 18-55mm IS lens easily. Love it.
Sep 28, 2009
420 posts
46 upvotes
GTA
I picked one up the other night at Ajax's Costco. It is a useful addition to my collection of bags. I now have 4 different bags for different situations.

While it does not fit any of my large zooms it is great for my A700 and 17-50 Tamron plus flash for family situations.

Also I am sure my wife will like it when she takes my Minolta 7D and the 18-200. She hates to carry a big knapsack.

For $40 new I am happy with it.