Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
WestJet

West Jet Blue Tag - 50% Off Flights to Chicago, Book By 6PM EST

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 5th, 2012 5:13 pm
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2009
1444 posts
979 upvotes
Vancouver

[WestJet] West Jet Blue Tag - 50% Off Flights to Chicago, Book By 6PM EST

Check out WestJet.com's Blue Tag Thursday special for a 50% discount on flights to and from Chicago.

Travel must be booked during today's Blue Tag sale and occur between May 14-June 27, 2012. To redeem, enter the promo code WJC50 along with coupon code UX87NG9.

For more information, or to book your flight, visit WestJet.com.
Amanda A
10 replies
Mar 19, 2009
365 posts
128 upvotes
YVR
This is an unbelievable deal, one of the best in a long long time.

Roundtrip from Vancouver to Chicago as low as CAD319 round trip ALL IN!

Too bad no more vacation time for me!
Sep 29, 2009
816 posts
1427 upvotes
Kitchener
keyzersoze78 wrote: This is an unbelievable deal, one of the best in a long long time.

Roundtrip from Vancouver to Chicago as low as CAD319 round trip ALL IN!

Too bad no more vacation time for me!

Am I doing something wrong? I don't fly much, but I'm getting 183.99 each way from Toronto. Why is it cheaper from Vancouver?
Apr 22, 2005
460 posts
19 upvotes
Consequence wrote: Am I doing something wrong? I don't fly much, but I'm getting 183.99 each way from Toronto. Why is it cheaper from Vancouver?

Regardless of any dates I try, from Toronto its 183.99 + tax for one way.. Over 500 bucks per person for return fare.. :|
:twisted:
Nov 12, 2001
99 posts
4 upvotes
Toronto
Same issue here; 183.99 one-way price for any day/time from Toronto = 1000$ after fees for 2 round trip tickets. Also tried without the promo code and getting the same prices...
Sep 29, 2009
816 posts
1427 upvotes
Kitchener
shahn2 wrote: Regardless of any dates I try, from Toronto its 183.99 + tax for one way.. Over 500 bucks per person for return fare.. :|

Figured it out. Flights from Toronto (and Hamilton, and KW) are all operated by a codeshare airline partner, but apparently this code does not apply. Vancouver has flights operated by Westjet proper, so they get the deal. What's the point of a codeshare if you don't share codes? Whatever.
Mar 15, 2007
626 posts
275 upvotes
The bottom line for this deal is that if you live in Vancouver, Kelowna, Calgary, Edmonton or possibly Saskatoon/Regina the deal is hot. For Manitoba and East, it's not.
I'm a travel junkie that's hooked on deals from airports that start with Y.
Deal Addict
Nov 26, 2003
1531 posts
338 upvotes
Toronto
Lame. If WestJet wanted to exclude eastern canada, don't advertise this as "any flight to/from Chicago".
Aug 21, 2011
412 posts
656 upvotes
Montreal
Indeed. Very disappointed!
Deal Expert
Sep 19, 2004
26763 posts
9333 upvotes
where I belong
False advertising. OP/Mods, please change title

this is from their Facebook post - WESTERN CANADA
Blue Tag is on! Our short-time only web deal features 50% off flights from select cities in Western Canada to Chicago! Discount applies to the base fare of new, online bookings, and excludes taxes and fees.

Book online by April 5, 2012 (3:59 p.m. MT) travel by June 27, 2012. See http://fly.ws/BlueTag0405 for full details, terms and conditions.
Which Credit Cards to sign up? >> Jerry's Mega Thread of Credit Cards Q&A
May 18, 2009
463 posts
55 upvotes
Yep, Winnipeg gets the shaft as well. Too bad. I was thinking of going to a few Blackhawks playoff games.

And yes, they will still be in :P

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)