• Last Updated:
  • Jul 15th, 2019 3:53 pm
[OP]
May 9, 2006
789 posts
119 upvotes
Mississauga

west jet vs air canada for south trip?

Guys can you help me, I have never been to south, we are thinking of going end of this month. I have two options
NATURA PARK BEACH ECO RESORT AND SPA  Punta Cana with WestJet
GRAND BAHIA PRINCIPE LA ROMANA  La Romana with Air Canada

price is almost same, $50 here and there. We are flying with two kids age range 6-10.

please help me choose kindly.
4 replies
Deal Addict
Jun 15, 2015
2498 posts
1615 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
djjungly wrote: Guys can you help me, I have never been to south, we are thinking of going end of this month. I have two options
NATURA PARK BEACH ECO RESORT AND SPA  Punta Cana with WestJet
GRAND BAHIA PRINCIPE LA ROMANA  La Romana with Air Canada

price is almost same, $50 here and there. We are flying with two kids age range 6-10.

please help me choose kindly.
I assume you are looking at a package?

Westjet Vacations no longer offers complimentary checked bags (so it will be $60/per bag roundtrip)

I would stay away from this resort in La Romana for now there have been a few incidents recently and I can’t confidently say the hotel has responded well. ...also keep in mind I don’t believe they are offering direct service to La Romana in the summer (so you will land in Punta Cana and have over an hour commute).

Natura Park Resort is need of a Reno- and is a 3.5* at best. Mixed crowd from party atmosphere to senior clientele.

Given I’m aware of roughly what these two resorts are being sold at right now - I would look at the Impressive Punta Cana which is newer and a solid 4* (other options would be RIU Bambu or Grand Memories Splash/Grand Memories Punta Cana if you can catch them on a sale- they are 4.5* -5* and have a ton of kids activities including a full waterpark).
[OP]
May 9, 2006
789 posts
119 upvotes
Mississauga
BrunetteGirl wrote: I assume you are looking at a package?

Westjet Vacations no longer offers complimentary checked bags (so it will be $60/per bag roundtrip)

I would stay away from this resort in La Romana for now there have been a few incidents recently and I can’t confidently say the hotel has responded well. ...also keep in mind I don’t believe they are offering direct service to La Romana in the summer (so you will land in Punta Cana and have over an hour commute).

Natura Park Resort is need of a Reno- and is a 3.5* at best. Mixed crowd from party atmosphere to senior clientele.

Given I’m aware of roughly what these two resorts are being sold at right now - I would look at the Impressive Punta Cana which is newer and a solid 4* (other options would be RIU Bambu or Grand Memories Splash/Grand Memories Punta Cana if you can catch them on a sale- they are 4.5* -5* and have a ton of kids activities including a full waterpark).
correct I am looking at package. we have two weeks off starting this weekend those choices came up for 4 of us totaling $3000. Any website you would recommend for me to look at for places you suggested?
Deal Addict
Jun 15, 2015
2498 posts
1615 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
djjungly wrote: correct I am looking at package. we have two weeks off starting this weekend those choices came up for 4 of us totaling $3000. Any website you would recommend for me to look at for places you suggested?
Pretty much every website will have the same prices if you want to deal with strictly Canadian company (staff /call centres all in Canada) look at (no specific order)
Sell Off Vacations - Itravel - Trip central - Red Tag
^they may have additional discounts off the website rate

^^Whatever you see on WestjetVacations.com & aircanadavacations.com will be the same on the websites above ^^
[OP]
May 9, 2006
789 posts
119 upvotes
Mississauga
thank you, how is this hotel? GRAND BAHIA PRINCIPE PUNTA CANA? would you recommend @BrunetteGirl