• Last Updated:
  • Aug 12th, 2017 11:25 pm
[OP]
Feb 27, 2015
466 posts
189 upvotes
Toronto, ON

[WestJet] 50 WestJet Dollars (YMMV)

Anyone with a WestJet account, check it today. They have loaded them with 50 free WestJet dollars. So if you were looking to book a flight, or fly somewhere, it will definitely help out. Enjoy.

Its true: we put 50 WestJet dollars into your WestJet Rewards account – for two days only – which you can use towards any WestJet flight or WestJet Vacations package, on any date, with no blackouts.* Add this bonus to the WestJet dollars you have already earned, and you might just be getting a getaway. But act fast, because this offer only lasts for two days.

Book by: August 13, 2017 (9:59 p.m. MT)

Travel period: Check your calendar. Now, pick any date that works for you.
18 replies
Oct 25, 2010
73 posts
62 upvotes
Toronto
Targeted. I get these from time to time (I never use my Westjet account). You get an email saying they are giving you a bonus $50 for that weekend only.
Deal Addict
Apr 13, 2008
2824 posts
795 upvotes
Vancouver
kenshi246 wrote:
Aug 12th, 2017 10:43 am
Targeted. I get these from time to time (I never use my Westjet account). You get an email saying they are giving you a bonus $50 for that weekend only.
ditto, everyone gets emails at random times.

Their formula works pretty well because I only ever get the offer when I'm not looking to fly anywhere.
[OP]
Feb 27, 2015
466 posts
189 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Ah!

My apologies everyone. Didn't realize it was targeted.

The email I was sent wasn't even personalized to me.

Apologies.
Aug 8, 2015
753 posts
776 upvotes
Toronto
JRGUINNESS wrote:
Aug 12th, 2017 12:38 pm
Ah!

My apologies everyone. Didn't realize it was targeted.

The email I was sent wasn't even personalized to me.

Apologies.
No need to apologize. Thanks for sharing
Deal Addict
Dec 7, 2011
1724 posts
328 upvotes
HALIFAX
I get them a few times a year, usually two days after having booked several flights with Air Canada. I think only once have I been able to use them.
Sep 14, 2007
569 posts
128 upvotes
Aldersyde, AB
Signed up to see if I'll receive in the future.
[OP]
Feb 27, 2015
466 posts
189 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Truth be told, I have had my account for 3 - 5 years, and this is the first time I have ever received an email about this. It also didn't look or mention it was targeted...

I figured it was a genius way for WestJet to really pumped up its sales.... I wasn't planning on flying anywhere, but now I am looking at flights/vacations.

Subject: Limited time: member appreciation offer!
Aug 25, 2006
601 posts
47 upvotes
Can you use the $50 for baggage? Didn't receive anything either...
Deal Guru
Dec 12, 2009
12996 posts
2920 upvotes
Toronto
I received this email yesterday. It was super timely as I am looking to fly. Their rewards systems is totally broken, it de-links the bonus reward when I go to pay. Tried many ways to get the reward to stick, but no luck so far. If I can't get it to work, then AC is going to get my business. T3 is so outdated compared to T1, AC definitely gets my business if prices are identical.