• Dec 26th, 2008 2:46 am
Tags:
None
Feb 12, 2005
92 posts
16 upvotes
Surrey

[WestJet] Westjet Cancellation Incentive

Because of bad weather [rfdlink=114]Westjet[/rfdlink] is incenting customers who have booked flights on various routes (mainly Vancouver and Toronto routes) to voluntarily cancel. A credit of twice the value of your flight will be paid. This credit is fully transferable and can be used for up to one year.

For more info follow the links at http://www.westjet.ca
40 replies
Oct 1, 2008
328 posts
30 upvotes
And this, Air Canada, is how customer service is done.
Deal Addict
Sep 4, 2003
4199 posts
154 upvotes
good on them.. :)

i should have bought tickets last week... lol
Deal Expert
Sep 19, 2004
18007 posts
2297 upvotes
Waterloo
thehockeyguy wrote:
Dec 24th, 2008 12:28 pm
good on them.. :)

i should have bought tickets last week... lol
I agree, 100% return

But yes, this IS CUSTOMER SERVICE

http://c5dsp.westjet.com/guest/webAlert ... es_guesten
General travel advisory
Winter storm conditions across Canada are currently impacting WestJet operations. These impacts may result in WestJet flight delays and/or cancellations.

All guests travelling are advised to check on the status of their flight prior to leaving for the airport by checking the Flight Status link located at westjet.com.

On behalf of all WestJetters, we thank you for your patience.

Guests facing weather delays
Guests booked on delayed flights for today or tomorrow, may change their travel to within seven days of their originally scheduled flight with no penalty; call 1-800-538-5696.

Guest whose flights have been cancelled
Guests who need to re-book should call 1.877.929.8646. We appreciate your patience as there may be higher than normal call volumes.

Voluntary cancellation incentive
We are offering special incentives for anyone willing to cancel flights booked prior to December 22 for travel through to December 26, 2008. This offer is not valid for WestJet Vacations or AIR MILES redemption bookings.

This is a limited offer, subject to change and is only applicable for flights between the following markets:

Vancouver - Prince George
Vancouver - Kelowna
Vancouver - Toronto
Vancouver - Winnipeg
Vancouver - Edmonton
Toronto - Halifax
Toronto - Moncton
Toronto - St. John
Jerry's List of Credit Cards with $200+ Welcome bonus/Aeroplan/AMEX MR <= AMEX Platinum 75K, Business Gold 40K FYF, Gold 25K FYF, SPG 20K $120
Deal Addict
Aug 9, 2003
2344 posts
95 upvotes
Toronto
Given a choice between Westjet and _any_ other airline, I'll always choose Westjet -- even if they are a few bucks more than another airline.

And this exemplifies why.

The cheap airfare may get you in, but their stellar customer service and overall attitude spoils you for anyone else.

Good going.

--Pete
Remember: We elect the government we deserve.
Apr 21, 2008
869 posts
156 upvotes
so now the question is...can i buy a flight today, for tomo, and cancel it later today to get double the credit?!?
Feb 21, 2005
728 posts
62 upvotes
No. Any corrections/cancellations within 24 hours will be attributed to computer error. (Westjet/Porter/Air Canada all work the same way)
An agressive nature does not make a weaker man a gladiator....

Phone numbers for sale:
613.wxw.xxxy and wxw.xxxz pm me for info
Oct 21, 2005
436 posts
123 upvotes
oops somebody already posted the fine print...nevermind :) But yes I love Westjet!
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2004
4422 posts
113 upvotes
Toronto
wow... very generous offer....
[OP]
Feb 12, 2005
92 posts
16 upvotes
Surrey
One point that the fine print is not completely clear about is that only the first leg of your trip needs to occur on Dec 26 or earlier. I cancelled a Kelowna-Vancouver flight scheduled for Dec 26, returning Jan 1. I cancelled without knowing about the incentive -- I fully expected to be charged the $50 cancellation fee with the balance of my ticket price going to credit. This incentive was a very pleasant surprise.
Apr 10, 2007
216 posts
64 upvotes
"We are offering special incentives for anyone willing to cancel flights booked prior to December 22"

Nice to see they added this fine print. It wasn't there yesterday, which means somebody probably already took advantage.
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2006
2238 posts
110 upvotes
djmr2 wrote:
Dec 24th, 2008 12:22 pm
what is Air Canada?
The air people breathe in Canada.
Vote for Deals Deals Deals (me) in the Favourite Deal Poster category :)
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2006
2238 posts
110 upvotes
djmr2 wrote:
Dec 24th, 2008 12:22 pm
what is Air Canada?
An Canadian airline.
Vote for Deals Deals Deals (me) in the Favourite Deal Poster category :)
× < >