Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
WestJet

Gold status match for westjet with flight

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 24th, 2017 8:08 pm
Jun 25, 2013
7 posts
1 upvote
ExcelPremium wrote: Is this promotion still going on?
Deadline to sign up has passed already I believe... you can always email them and ask?
Sep 8, 2010
52 posts
2 upvotes
Leduc
Got accepted. Can we use west jet lounge vouchers if we have an Air Canada booking?
Oct 23, 2006
187 posts
12 upvotes
Toronto
adeep88 wrote: Got accepted. Can we use west jet lounge vouchers if we have an Air Canada booking?
I'd like to know the answer to this too, as I have a flight tonight out of T1 to the US. I know the vouchers say you cant, however they have a lounge in T1 at Pearson, and WJ only flies out of T3.

A few years ago, I had AirCanada lounge passes that were only supposed to be valid if I booked a flight with aeroplan miles, and they didn't even check my boarding pass.

I'm going to try tonight, and play dumb. I'll have access with priority pass thank to my bmo world elite mc as a plan b.
Feb 2, 2010
371 posts
83 upvotes
Vancouver
Got accepted after about 10 business day. I had a flight right before acceptance email and got the Gold status in 5-6 days after the acceptance.

I just had another flight yesterday. I used the Premium Lounge at Toronto T3. I just showed my WestJet boarding pass and got in. They deducted one voucher automatically. I've also checked in 2 luggage for free. The shocking part was happened when I got to the gate. They called my name and upgraded me to Plus which is similar to business class, all the service is same as Business but the seat is smaller. It's 3 seats side by side but the middle one is blocked so you get more room. I remember that someone mentioned here that WestJet doesn't upgrade so I wasn't expecting this. Great experience so far. Thanks to all.

My question is that can I use the Lounge vouchers without a WestJet boarding pass?
Feb 27, 2011
221 posts
220 upvotes
Gold status is now showing in my Westjet account - 4 business days after my qualifying flight.
Jan 12, 2007
546 posts
502 upvotes
Orleans
mike28j wrote: I'm going to try tonight, and play dumb. I'll have access with priority pass thank to my bmo world elite mc as a plan b.
......and....
Banned
Mar 3, 2006
1198 posts
271 upvotes
Edmonton
is there suppose to be a gold package or physical membership card that get sent out?
Oct 23, 2006
187 posts
12 upvotes
Toronto
Sorry, I got really side tracked on this one, they wouldn't let me in. I had to use my priority pass passes to get in.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2006
5314 posts
2518 upvotes
Winnipeg
acekiller wrote: is there suppose to be a gold package or physical membership card that get sent out?
Just received my Gold Package last week, 2 luggage tags and 4 Plus upgrade vouchers, expiry dates of June 2017
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2012
2962 posts
2338 upvotes
Calgary
canuckcolehead wrote: Just received my Gold Package last week, 2 luggage tags and 4 Plus upgrade vouchers, expiry dates of June 2017
Replying to an old post, but just in case any of you have "expired" Plus upgrade vouchers left, I would suggest keeping them. Westjet let me use them twice in July on two different flights even though they were past the expiry date in June 2017.
Deal Addict
Aug 25, 2007
1589 posts
676 upvotes
Toronto
jarfgames wrote: Replying to an old post, but just in case any of you have "expired" Plus upgrade vouchers left, I would suggest keeping them. Westjet let me use them twice in July on two different flights even though they were past the expiry date in June 2017.
Thanks for the info but I don't believe that this status match program came with Plus upgrades. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong because I have a booking for October and would be thrilled to get an upgrade.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2006
5314 posts
2518 upvotes
Winnipeg
nutttbar wrote: Thanks for the info but I don't believe that this status match program came with Plus upgrades. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong because I have a booking for October and would be thrilled to get an upgrade.
If you got this status match and became Gold for the first time, they sent out Plus upgrade certificates to be used at the Gate when boarding. They were extremely difficult to use as Plus has become so popular, people would pay the $100 when checking in and no seats were left to use these certificates.

WestJet discontinued these because of that reason and others. I still have mine and might try to use them next month I guess if there is any plus seats left!
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2012
2962 posts
2338 upvotes
Calgary
nutttbar wrote: Thanks for the info but I don't believe that this status match program came with Plus upgrades. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong because I have a booking for October and would be thrilled to get an upgrade.
I got Gold from status match last year and the Plus certificates showed up with the welcome kit in the mail. They also upgraded me to Plus once just for being Gold (no certificate required).
Jun 15, 2010
127 posts
47 upvotes
Toronto
jarfgames wrote: I got Gold from status match last year and the Plus certificates showed up with the welcome kit in the mail. They also upgraded me to Plus once just for being Gold (no certificate required).
I found the same thing - for having WestJet Gold, I've had three upgrades for no reason.

I really hope they have the same promotion this year...
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2012
2962 posts
2338 upvotes
Calgary
fongstein wrote: I found the same thing - for having WestJet Gold, I've had three upgrades for no reason.

I really hope they have the same promotion this year...
I hope so too. If they keep the same timing it should start in the next week or so.