• Last Updated:
  • Jan 31st, 2009 8:06 am
Tags:
None
Apr 3, 2008
118 posts
gheart008 wrote:
Jan 30th, 2009 11:07 pm
It doesn't matter even if he said 10 hours ago. Westjet is based on MST, and their "same day" in their policy is all based off that time zone. Basically as long as it's passed midnight MST, the "same day" has passed.
so basically if you made a mistake in your flight booking at 10:59pm PST and waited until 11:01pm PST to try and cancel, you would be denied a refund because Westjet's day has ended? that would be ridiculous and would be bad customer service in my mind. At least Air Canada gives you 24 hours.
Banned
Jan 23, 2009
270 posts
That's B.S. A day is 24 hours, not SAME DAY! I didn't read the whole thread, did you get any more money back? Image
Deal Addict
Mar 11, 2008
1281 posts
39 upvotes
Langley
djmackj wrote:
Jan 30th, 2009 8:41 pm
why can't you be taking a vacation in China when you're booking the flight? sure your home would still be in Canada, but you're currently in China. I know checking flight prices on a vacation is silly but some people do it.
Thats fine someone can book in china and when confirmation of the booking is sent to them it will have a date on it. When that date is ended in the timezone the confirmation email was sent from then the day that the flight could be cancelled is over.
Apr 3, 2008
118 posts
Hunter316 wrote:
Jan 31st, 2009 2:05 am
Thats fine someone can book in china and when confirmation of the booking is sent to them it will have a date on it. When that date is ended in the timezone the confirmation email was sent from then the day that the flight could be cancelled is over.
In that case, I would just have to conclude that Westjet isn't as customer friendly as everyone claims it to be.
Deal Expert
Jun 14, 2003
23140 posts
188 upvotes
FroogleDude wrote:
Jan 30th, 2009 11:57 pm
That's B.S. A day is 24 hours, not SAME DAY! I didn't read the whole thread, did you get any more money back? Image
Same day is same day because they stated "same day" and not "a day".
Too many people spend money they haven't earned to buy things they don't want, to impress people they don't like. -- Will Smith
Growing older is mandatory. Growing up is optional.
Stay hungry, stay foolish.
Deal Addict
Sep 22, 2007
4599 posts
120 upvotes
FroogleDude wrote:
Jan 30th, 2009 11:57 pm
Too bad that it is actually SAME DAY

"When you cancel your booking online the same day as the booking was made"