Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
WestJet

WestJet Vacations: Kids Fly Free to Disneyland (BC, AB, SK, MB, YT, NT)

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 27th, 2012 10:34 am
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2009
1444 posts
979 upvotes
Vancouver

[WestJet] WestJet Vacations: Kids Fly Free to Disneyland (BC, AB, SK, MB, YT, NT)

For families flying out of Western Canada here's a deal from WestJet Vacations worth checking out -- Kids Fly Free to Disneyland from select cities when you book by August 31!

This offer is valid on flights from Vancouver, Victoria, Calgary, Edmonton, Saskatoon, Regina, Winnipeg, Abbotsford, Comox, Kelowna, Prince George, Kamloops, Fort McMurray, Grand Prairie, Yellowknife and Whitehorse to either Los Angeles or Orange County. One child's airfare is free with every adult that flies when you book a minimum 3-night Disneyland Vacation Package. You will still be charged the taxes, fees and surcharges on the free airfare.

This offer is valid on packages booked by August 31 for travel between September 4-October 31 (blackout dates between October 4-9). Children must be aged 2–17, and their ages will be verified against identification prior to travel.

This Disneyland Vacation Package offer can be booked by calling the WestJet Vacations Call Center at 1-877-737-7001. For more information, visit WestJetVacations.com.
Amanda A
5 replies
Deal Addict
Jul 26, 2006
2451 posts
873 upvotes
Amanda you are so good in the PR stuff as this reads like it is directly from WS marketing. Is it a good deal then? Hmmm.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 21, 2003
7408 posts
1557 upvotes
Edmonton
I phoned WJ vacations early this morning and was on hold for a long time, got a really friendly rep. who was able to give me a couple of pricings out from Grande Prairie, Alberta it's around $2100 for a Ramada Main Gate Inn Deluxe room, over $4000 to stay at the Disneyland Hotel, Fairfield Inn was around $2135. This was for a family of 4 (2 adults, 2 kids under 17) for a week in September, mid-late Sept.

Generally speaking, when we use air miles to travel, we end up paying around $620 in taxes for the 4 of us, and flying low season it costs us 1762 air miles each. We also always pay around $180 for the travel insurance for health/emergency and for loss of air miles insurance.

Hotels in the area generally are priced at least around $120 plus 17% sales tax I think it is, overall.

We normally spend around $1000 for a 7 night stay at a hotel.

This means that the flights per person including taxes might cost around $275 per person, return, which is a pretty good deal. It all depends on location, and probably dates heading out.

It's too bad a person is not allowed to research the hotels/prices themselves. You have to speak to a rep. in order to book this deal.

Howard Johnson is an excellent hotel to stay at in the area - 8 min. walk to the gates, in room safes, really comfy beds, hotel, not motel, kids water park, nice pool and a hot tub in the kids water play area. There is a Keurig coffee machine in each room. A great mini store on property. REALLY clean rooms. Fridge and microwave in each room too. I would have gotten a quote on that hotel, but it was sold out.
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2009
1444 posts
979 upvotes
Vancouver
It would be GREAT if you could search the prices online yourself, I know when I was researching our Disney trip I spent hours trying all the different dates and options trying to see what really is the best price. We had five nights for two adults and one child at Fairfield Inn for $1200 out of Bellingham in May but had to cancel because of an emergency, we're looking to rebook for October and the price is $1092...but for only four nights. And again, we have to drive to the US to fly out from there at 8am. If we had received a refund rather than a credit (with Allegiant) I would definitely be calling WestJet to see what they could offer with this deal. Hopefully it represents savings for people, especially those who were planning on travelling via WestJet anyway.
Amanda A
Jan 24, 2007
139 posts
15 upvotes
I have never looked into taking the family to Disneyland because of price, but phoned them because I saw this. For the dates I wanted, they quoted me $1305 for 4 nights in the howard johnson by the gate entrance. That is for 2 adults and 2 kids return from Vancouver. That seems to be an incredibly good deal to me, but I have no reference point. Will I ever see it cheaper?

Thanks!
Jan 8, 2007
729 posts
48 upvotes
I tried this out, talked to 2 different agents who were both very helpful, looked at multiple dates. We are 2 adults, 1 kid. After looking at a lot of different options like taking our nieces with us, my figuring was that for the 3 of us, it was cheaper to go from Seattle, use Hotwire or Priceline and buy park tickets separately. 2 parents plus 3 kids, Westjet was better but not by much and it saves us the drive.

Side note, for a stay of 1 week or longer for 3 of us Orlando via Seattle, $345 ea on United, was a very good deal as good accomodations (Vacation Village at Parkway, Silver Lake, Bonnet Creek, etc) were avail for $200 to 400 a week thru RCI, ebay, skyauction and the time share selloff sites. That is likely what we will do.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)