Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
WestJet

WestJet RBC World Elite Mastercard plus Silver Status

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 7th, 2018 3:40 pm
Deal Expert
Jun 26, 2011
15096 posts
5413 upvotes
GTA
patpond wrote: Spot for Income, then there's a spot for 'Other income' - when you fill it in, the reason drop down will have 'Other household income' I just applied,

Anyone know how long the 'Silver Status' takes to show up? Anyone have any issues? It seemed kind of quick to fill in a few lines on that other site prior to the credit application, but no account creation etc ... ?
Thanks I just put household income in the employment income spot and it was approved
Deal Addict
Oct 25, 2009
4329 posts
1344 upvotes
Moncton
Silver status with Westjet is fairly useless. You don't get free upgrades and although the 3% Westjet dollars is great and super easy to use (once you have $15), you have to spend ALOT to get results (it doesn't apply to taxes, airport fees or your fellow passengers). If it influences your airline choice at all, you can easily be out more than 3%.
Toronto is a very small part of Canada
Deal Addict
Oct 25, 2009
4329 posts
1344 upvotes
Moncton
ponchuk wrote: west jet requirement for $70000 income is garbage. if you are reitred with that kind of income. great for you. It is an income many people can't attain without lying on the online form. I just don't get it from westjet.
Just apply for the MBNA Travel Rewards World Elite. $89 second year but 2% back from spending on anything. You will get the virtually identical Platinum Plus version if you are under $70,000 "poor".
If your application for a World Elite Account is not approved, then this application shall be considered as your request and consent to the opening of a Platinum Plus Account .
Bring carry-on only when you fly. On most airlines it is still free and you are too busy to wait for luggage. If you insist on over-packing, then New Leaf, Air Transat and Sunwing in Canada and Southwest, Spirit, Allegiant and Frontier in the USA are low cost alternatives. With that extra $10 and .5%, buy beer. :)
Toronto is a very small part of Canada
Jun 23, 2003
587 posts
438 upvotes
Obviously different banks and slightly different deals depending on your needs for particular benefits, but for those experienced here, is this the better deal or the ScotiaBank with $300 and the $75 GC?
TIA
Deal Addict
Jul 20, 2010
4846 posts
2018 upvotes
Ottawa
browna wrote: Obviously different banks and slightly different deals depending on your needs for particular benefits, but for those experienced here, is this the better deal or the ScotiaBank with $300 and the $75 GC?
TIA
Get both?
Jun 23, 2003
587 posts
438 upvotes
john.canad wrote: Get both?
Ha. Knew that would be the response from someone. Don't desire to have two credit pulls in short order. Renewed the mortgage a month ago so it would really be three. Leaning toward WJ one with the free bag, as that will add up with the 4 or 5 flights we take each year. But $375 and fyf is basically a $400 advantage over WJ if no flight benefits are used like the bag thing or companion fare. Don't bank at either bank.
Deal Addict
Jul 20, 2010
4846 posts
2018 upvotes
Ottawa
browna wrote: Ha. Knew that would be the response from someone. Don't desire to have two credit pulls in short order. Renewed the mortgage a month ago so it would really be three. Leaning toward WJ one with the free bag, as that will add up with the 4 or 5 flights we take each year. But $375 and fyf is basically a $400 advantage over WJ if no flight benefits are used like the bag thing or companion fare. Don't bank at either bank.
Then you pretty much answered your own question. If you fly enough to take advantage of the free baggage and/or go somewhere with a companion that exceeds $400 in value, then WJ is the card for you
Oct 17, 2013
231 posts
74 upvotes
Summerside
Tried to do this online tonight but had problems so guess I have missed the cut off date. Any point in calling and asking for this deal? Can't get online with Westjet to sign up to the rewards program. Thanks guys.
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2007
2350 posts
806 upvotes
Kitchener
MonctonMan wrote: Silver status with Westjet is fairly useless. You don't get free upgrades and although the 3% Westjet dollars is great and super easy to use (once you have $15), you have to spend ALOT to get results (it doesn't apply to taxes, airport fees or your fellow passengers). If it influences your airline choice at all, you can easily be out more than 3%.
Yes, however, One one trip with my wife, the card payed for itself with the no baggage charge. I've still got the vouchers, $250 WJ dollars, a probable companion flight to England to visit my daughter (or bring her back for a visit) and will probably not use the card very much. I'll not renew.
So it's worth it for me. We all decide for ourselves.

"Fairly useless" is a very ambitious term. This deal allows me to squeeze WJ and get a great return on my $99 plus tax. Isn't that what RFDers are about?

Saving 50% on a Dewalt tool that I'll never use is not a deal for me, as in a totally useless deal. But it's great for anyone that wants a quality tool to use at a fantastic price. It's all relevant, eh?
Oct 17, 2013
231 posts
74 upvotes
Summerside
sam123 wrote: Yes, however, One one trip with my wife, the card payed for itself with the no baggage charge. I've still got the vouchers, $250 WJ dollars, a probable companion flight to England to visit my daughter (or bring her back for a visit) and will probably not use the card very much. I'll not renew.

"Fairly useless" is a very ambitious term. This deal allows me to squeeze WJ and get a great return on my $99 plus tax. Isn't that what RFDers are about?

If it works the way I think I am reading it a $99 companion flight to Vegas from PEI would make it worth while for me I think. I sadly missed the deal by a few hours but think it might still be worth me getting the card. We only have WJ and AC from here.
Deal Expert
Jun 26, 2011
15096 posts
5413 upvotes
GTA
sam123 wrote: Yes, however, One one trip with my wife, the card payed for itself with the no baggage charge. I've still got the vouchers, $250 WJ dollars, a probable companion flight to England to visit my daughter (or bring her back for a visit) and will probably not use the card very much. I'll not renew.

Saving 50% on a Dewalt tool that I'll never use is not a deal for me, as in a totally useless deal. But it's great for anyone that wants a quality tool to use at a fantastic price. It's all relevant, eh?
Good post.

I think if you plan to take 1 trip in the next year on WJ anyway, this is a great deal.
Deal Addict
Nov 26, 2011
2184 posts
252 upvotes
Ottawa
Is the deal over? I am interested in the card with silver status but I read somewhere that it was until end of May.
Deal Addict
Jul 20, 2010
4846 posts
2018 upvotes
Ottawa
masoud100 wrote: Is the deal over? I am interested in the card with silver status but I read somewhere that it was until end of May.
Yes it's over as per the original post. Not sure if it was extended or not.
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2007
2350 posts
806 upvotes
Kitchener
RolandCouch wrote: Good post.

I think if you plan to take 1 trip in the next year on WJ anyway, this is a great deal.
Thank you.
Jun 26, 2005
28 posts
2 upvotes
How long after your first statement date did you have to wait before the 'silver' status and vouchers get updated on your WJ account?
Jun 24, 2014
22 posts
82 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
I just got my silver status today and I applied on May 17th. I also messed up on my application accidentally and so I exited out and restarted, including filling in the rewardscanada form twice. When I looked today, I was given 8 seat selection vouchers and 8 airport lounge passes instead of the advertised 4. If anyone filled out the rewardscanada form twice, go check, you may have as well. That made this a phenomenal deal! Thanks OP
Oct 17, 2013
231 posts
74 upvotes
Summerside
rbas10 wrote: I just got my silver status today and I applied on May 17th. I also messed up on my application accidentally and so I exited out and restarted, including filling in the rewardscanada form twice. When I looked today, I was given 8 seat selection vouchers and 8 airport lounge passes instead of the advertised 4. If anyone filled out the rewardscanada form twice, go check, you may have as well. That made this a phenomenal deal! Thanks OP
Great. I missed the deal by a few hours.
May 14, 2017
21 posts
8 upvotes
tk-4 wrote: How long after your first statement date did you have to wait before the 'silver' status and vouchers get updated on your WJ account?
I didn't even get my first statement yet. However, I got mine about 3 weeks after activating the card. A lengthy wait but it is worth the wait.
Deal Addict
Oct 7, 2008
2691 posts
1742 upvotes
Home
I know deal is dead, but how long do you need to have vip banking package to get the 99 yearly fee waived? If no min amount of months than that would reduce the effective yearly fee for the card.
Fizz Mobile $ 4.80 USA CAN 45 GB