Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Westminster Savings

$600 welcome bonus when you sign up for a new chequing account at South Surrey branch (Must live or work in Surrey, BC)

Deal Addict
Feb 28, 2011
1203 posts
355 upvotes
Surrey
hmm, open only during the week.. how come they don't open on weekends!
Tangerine and Public Mobile customer
Deal Addict
May 1, 2018
1734 posts
1212 upvotes
Vancouver
zigmanroxie wrote: What's the price of the account after a year
They're also offering free unlimited transactions chequing account for a year along with this promo. Otherwise, it's $10 per month normally it seems like.
Deal Addict
May 19, 2004
1816 posts
430 upvotes
Edmonton
so can cancel after 90 days and get $600 with no other costs?
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2017
1029 posts
763 upvotes
Surrey BC
Finaly an advantage to living in Surrey. Sounds to good to be true but i'll check it out.
Jan 14, 2008
307 posts
152 upvotes
It's times like these I wished I lived in Surrey.
Sep 9, 2019
334 posts
190 upvotes
I should look for a part-time in Surrey just for this
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2017
1029 posts
763 upvotes
Surrey BC
Just left the credit union. Here's some details . Boss said they have over 100 potential customers for this promo so Surrey residents gotta come quick cuz boss at the credit union said they might pull the plug cuz 600 dollars is a big promo .
It's only the 160th and 24th branch that's doing this promo and you have to make an appt. They're so busy with this promo that my appt to make the account is December 7th. Might be o earlier ones you never know .

Again have to live and work in Surrey and they will run a credit check. Also they said even if they pull the plug early on this promo as long as you have setup an appt they will honour the promo. Again act quick cuz the promo is well advertised at the branch in the busy but car oriented depressing strip malls of south Surrey.
So yea pretty good promo .
Last edited by Nexusrules1 on Nov 4th, 2019 7:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2006
4593 posts
19424 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Better safe than Surrey.
Aug 5, 2019
96 posts
64 upvotes
Seems they open Mon-Fri only. Were you able to make an appointment on Dec 7th Saturday? My work is quite far from that branch so it will be nice if I could visit them on Saturdays. Thanks.

Edit: just checked their website and showing that they're open on saturday while Google map shows mon-fri. Will call in to make sure

flipper316 wrote: Just left the credit union. Here's some details . Boss said they have over 100 potential customers for this promo so Surrey residents gotta come quick cuz boss at the credit union said they might pull the plug cuz 600 dollars is a big promo .
It's only the 160th and 24th branch that's doing this promo and you have to make an appt. They're so busy with this promo that my appt to make the account is December 7th. Might be o earlier ones you never know .

Again have to live and work in Surrey and they will run a credit check. Also they said even if they pull the plug early on this promo as long as you have setup an appt they will honour the promo. Again act quick cuz the promo is well advertised at the branch in the busy but car oriented depressing strip malls of south Surrey.
Nov 6, 2017
152 posts
57 upvotes
Vancouver
Ccalico wrote: Seems they open Mon-Fri only. Were you able to make an appointment on Dec 7th Saturday? My work is quite far from that branch so it will be nice if I could visit them on Saturdays. Thanks.

Edit: just checked their website and showing that they're open on saturday while Google map shows mon-fri. Will call in to make sure
I phoned them this morning and there was no availability on Saturdays. Only few options left.
Deal Addict
Feb 28, 2011
1203 posts
355 upvotes
Surrey
flipper316 wrote: Just left the credit union. Here's some details . Boss said they have over 100 potential customers for this promo so Surrey residents gotta come quick cuz boss at the credit union said they might pull the plug cuz 600 dollars is a big promo .

Live AND work? Or live OR work?
Tangerine and Public Mobile customer
Dec 16, 2007
22 posts
2 upvotes
Lower Mainland
massakk wrote: Live AND work? Or live OR work?
Website says live OR work. I just booked an appointment for Dec 4th and I only live in Surrey. Btw their rep said live OR work on the phone too.
Aug 9, 2010
121 posts
29 upvotes
Called just now. They have no more appointments before the promotion period ends so they are waitlisting folks.
Sep 23, 2011
212 posts
137 upvotes
Called in this morning, operator said that the branch has no more time for appointments. She put me down on the back list should anyone cancel on his appointment.

Not sure why but a credit check will be done apparently. I don't churn cc rewards so I dont care and didn't ask further.
May 20, 2015
50 posts
158 upvotes
Vancouver
So I guess I got one of the last appointment available ( Dec 4 ). I was there in person at 9:30AM to book it.

Customer service was very good. Confirm it is Live OR work at Surrey. You need to bring some deposit ( 5$ minimum ) to open your account. Hard check as well will be done.
Feb 26, 2009
304 posts
78 upvotes
Surrey, BC
isthisreallife wrote: Called in this morning, operator said that the branch has no more time for appointments. She put me down on the back list should anyone cancel on his appointment.

Not sure why but a credit check will be done apparently. I don't churn cc rewards so I dont care and didn't ask further.
And thanks OP!

On the waiting list. The lady said it started Oct 21st "but had been picking up speed recently" lmao the power of RFD
AKA "canadude" :arrow: Howard Forums

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)