• Last Updated:
  • Jul 6th, 2018 12:15 am
[OP]
Jun 5, 2018
6 posts
1 upvote
ST.CATHARINES

"We've encountered an error while processing your order" Playstation store

I’m having an issue with purchasing two games from the PlayStation store. Whenever I hit purchase I get an error message “We've encountered an error while processing your order”. I was able to purchase a year of PS Plus before I tried to make my order.

I don’t have a PS4 yet as I’m waiting to see if they would go on sale after the Sony E3 conference to buy one, but I was going to buy a few games that were on sale online before I bought the console.

I tried two different credit cards but got the same error message. Is there anything I can do to fix this issue?
8 replies
Deal Fanatic
Feb 11, 2007
6635 posts
1618 upvotes
I think it was mentioned in one of the forums here before but your billing address has to be exactly as it appears on your credit card statement and possibly
in all Capital letters to fix that problem.

The alternative would be using Paypal if you have a Paypal account registered on there. Or buying PSN cards.

This thread says your credit card could be soft banned if your transaction is declined a certain number of times.
https://www.neogaf.com/threads/cant-che ... a.1458590/

wes1172511 wrote:
Jun 11th, 2018 9:08 pm
I’m having an issue with purchasing two games from the PlayStation store. Whenever I hit purchase I get an error message “We've encountered an error while processing your order”. I was able to purchase a year of PS Plus before I tried to make my order.

I don’t have a PS4 yet as I’m waiting to see if they would go on sale after the Sony E3 conference to buy one, but I was going to buy a few games that were on sale online before I bought the console.

I tried two different credit cards but got the same error message. Is there anything I can do to fix this issue?
[OP]
Jun 5, 2018
6 posts
1 upvote
ST.CATHARINES
Thanks for the reply. I copied and pasted the info straight from my credit card page and it still gave me the error.

I tried to order them this morning and at first when I clicked on my cart it said there wasn't anything in my cart, but it showed a 2 above the cart. When I went to add the game to my cart it said it was already in my cart.

I added a MR to my name on both credit cards as it’s on the both statements, but when I went to checkout my cart was empty without a 2 above the cart and when I went to add the game it gave me the same error message “We've encountered an error while processing your order". I can't even add anything to my cart now.

I'm calling them now and there's a wait time of 40 minutes. Here's hoping they can help me.

Edit.

I called them, and they said it was because my account was too new, they did it to protect my account. They said it should work tomorrow. Hopefully it does work.
Jan 15, 2017
207 posts
50 upvotes
Vancouver
I've gotten this error randomly before. It goes away after a day or two. It's not even a new account. Their system is just unreliable.
[OP]
Jun 5, 2018
6 posts
1 upvote
ST.CATHARINES
When I called the person said I would have to wait 24 hours to try again. I just tried a few minutes ago which was about 36 hours later, and I got the same error message. Also, I was giving a discount code for my inconvenience, but I didn’t see any where to apply it.

I used both credit cards and the info for my cards were copied from my credit card site.

If I try to buy them from a PS4 would I get the same error message?
[OP]
Jun 5, 2018
6 posts
1 upvote
ST.CATHARINES
I bought the PS4 Pro this afternoon and I was able to purchase the two games I wanted with the discount code I was given.
Deal Addict
Jan 29, 2006
3040 posts
176 upvotes
Toronto
I get this EVERY time when I try to buy anything...what I do now is use my CC to buy a PSN Store Card and then use that card for the purchase
Click Here to check my HOFO Feedback
Ebay Feedback
Deal Addict
Feb 22, 2007
1594 posts
181 upvotes
Toronto
I got this the other day, when trying to purchase this through my computer. What I did instead of was added it to my cart on my computer. Then paid for it through the ps4
Jan 15, 2017
207 posts
50 upvotes
Vancouver
Funny they make it so hard to buy things.