• Oct 2nd, 2011 12:34 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Expert
Mar 22, 2007
29332 posts
10712 upvotes
Hamilton
phuviano wrote: Ever hear of letting go of the gas pedal at top of a hill? Same people who brake going downhill, are the same ones that use the gas pedal going down. I've let go of my gas pedal many times on a road that goes downwards. You really don't pick up that much speed.

Do that when there's a cop in front of u with a radar gun
hated on but respected.
Deal Addict
Sep 3, 2005
3627 posts
1223 upvotes
Vaughan
-people who are afraid to do the speed limit when a cop is driving beside them at a lower speed than the limit.

About a month ago. I'm at a light, light is red. Speed limit is 60. I go 70, everyone else goes 50. Cop is probably doing 55. Did i get a ticket? No. Have i done this before? Yes.
Ojam wrote: Maybe on a slight decline, but on an actual hill you will need to brake to maintain speed at the speed limit even with your foot of the accelerator.

Agreed, but your not going to get a ticket for doing 5-10 over the limit. At least not in ontario. I see your from nb.
yao416 wrote: Do that when there's a cop in front of u with a radar gun

Already have many times. Never had a speeding ticket in my life. Been driving for 15 years. If you have to adjust your driving when a cop is around, then you shouldn't be driving the way you are.
For Sale

Nothing at the moment
Deal Expert
Mar 22, 2007
29332 posts
10712 upvotes
Hamilton
Do you drive 90 on the highway?
hated on but respected.
Deal Guru
Dec 10, 2004
13194 posts
7650 upvotes
Kanata
phuviano wrote: -people who are afraid to do the speed limit when a cop is driving beside them at a lower speed than the limit.

About a month ago. I'm at a light, light is red. Speed limit is 60. I go 70, everyone else goes 50. Cop is probably doing 55. Did i get a ticket? No. Have i done this before? Yes.

Sorry but I got pulled over for doing 65 in a 60, in which case, I did pass a cop who was doing 60 but it took me about 2km to fully pass him (all green lights). He then pulled me over and asked me why I would pass a police car. So just because it doesn't happen to you, does not mean it does not or has not happened to others.
Deal Addict
Mar 5, 2011
1161 posts
113 upvotes
Kitchener
Mom's in Mini Vans loaded with children doing 50 over while drinking coffee .
Deal Guru
Aug 14, 2007
12807 posts
3837 upvotes
--
1bagger wrote: Mom's in Mini Vans loaded with children doing 50 over while drinking coffee .

That probably rarely happens and is something that should he reported...
Deal Fanatic
Apr 20, 2011
7747 posts
2750 upvotes
ON
I hate people (and manufacturers now) who get base headlights at output levels traditionally of high beams.
High beams are there for when you need them. Upping your base lights just blinds the f- out of everyone needlessly.
Deal Guru
Mar 1, 2004
12861 posts
1485 upvotes
Pickering
XtremeModder wrote: That probably rarely happens and is something that should he reported...

Visit Woodbridge...

My least favourite driver is the one who drives so strangely and erratically, you can't get a vibe for what he/she is going to do next. The light changes, they accelerate soooo slowly, you change lanes and pass them. Three second later, they blow past you and then tap the brakes and then speed and then tap the brakes...repeatedly. A little weave into your lane and then a quick correction. Slow down again so that they are behind you again, then blast past for a repeat performance. Lane change into your lane for a few kilometres and then change back.

Then the a-holes who zip in front of you as you pull up to the light. You had the perfect stopping distance and smooth brake going and then you have to stand on it so you don't rear end the idiot who zipped in front of you. I once saw the driver of a large truck not stand on the brake on purpose. After that someone got a big ticket and needed to get a replacement Honda.
Mar 19, 2009
28 posts
Vancouver
aqnd wrote: I hate people (and manufacturers now) who get base headlights at output levels traditionally of high beams.
High beams are there for when you need them. Upping your base lights just blinds the f- out of everyone needlessly.

Acura TSX HiD's come to mind. You can tell it's a TSX behind you when you're blinded by its stock lights. Installing Unfocused/unlevelled xenons is just being plain inconsiderate.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 21, 2010
6737 posts
3998 upvotes
Toronto
Angry-Lemming wrote: Acura TSX HiD's come to mind. You can tell it's a TSX behind you when you're blinded by its stock lights. Installing Unfocused/unlevelled xenons is just being plain inconsiderate.

I remember those TV ads a few years back telling you how you were a horrible heartless person if you don't install headlights as powerful as anti-aircraft searchlights because you won't see that little kid just standing in the middle of the street a few metres further than stock lights can reach.

Another one... people who want to turn left at traffic lights where there is no turning lane, who don't use their turn signal until the light goes green. So you pull up behind them and then get stuck when all of a sudden they don't go, and you can't change lanes because everyone is pushing through in the only lane that's moving.
Banned
Sep 22, 2008
8322 posts
548 upvotes
I hate people that hit the brakes when merging into the highway. :facepalm:
Deal Fanatic
Jun 7, 2001
7994 posts
2226 upvotes
Alberta
packardbell wrote: I hate people that hit the brakes when merging into the highway. :facepalm:

Mixing up merging and yielding. This is a common occurrence locally.

Dave
Deal Fanatic
Jun 26, 2007
5977 posts
1468 upvotes
???
goofball wrote: Sorry but I got pulled over for doing 65 in a 60, in which case, I did pass a cop who was doing 60 but it took me about 2km to fully pass him (all green lights). He then pulled me over and asked me why I would pass a police car. So just because it doesn't happen to you, does not mean it does not or has not happened to others.

Yea I got pulled over three times for passing cops. lol.

I don't get tickets tho, cause they stop harassing you once you tell em word for word the charter of rights and freedoms when they ask you why you pass them.
Deal Addict
May 28, 2009
1543 posts
529 upvotes
Ottawa
taking a left turn in an unmarked 2+ car wide road by positioning their car in the middle so no one can go by them on the right till they make the turn.

just before making a right turn swing to left and then turn right. probably thinking that they drive big rigs!!
Deal Guru
Dec 10, 2004
13194 posts
7650 upvotes
Kanata
everylittlecent wrote: taking a left turn in an unmarked 2+ car wide road by positioning their car in the middle so no one can go by them on the right till they make the turn.

just before making a right turn swing to left and then turn right. probably thinking that they drive big rigs!!

The infamous "C" turn, I hate those too> :(

I agree with many, I hate people who brake to merge, people who change into the left lane on highways and then go slower than speed of traffic, buses that signal after they merge (since it is law to let them in).

People who just put their signal on and think that it moves the obstacles on the road like moses parted the red sea so they are free to merge into whatever lane they wish without looking> :( > :( > :( > :( One person did that to me, when I was right beside them. Then, after I told the driver to watch where he was going as I passed him, he decided to give me the finger and cuss at me at the light. Very adult-like considering he had his 2 young daughters (4-7yrs old, my guess) in the back seat.
Dec 4, 2004
397 posts
76 upvotes
Coquitlam
phuviano wrote: Ever hear of letting go of the gas pedal at top of a hill? Same people who brake going downhill, are the same ones that use the gas pedal going down. I've let go of my gas pedal many times on a road that goes downwards. You really don't pick up that much speed.

ever hear of momemtum? you're going to accelerate going down a big hill, regardless if you're giving gas or not.

i used to go through burnaby mountain on my way home from work, which is a huge, long, steep hill with a speed limit of 60, maybe 70, and without braking, im going like 100+.

but i guess it depends on the hill. a slight decline over a short distance, then ya, you're probably not gonna accelerate much.
Deal Addict
Jan 4, 2009
2623 posts
212 upvotes
Toronto
bst wrote: Cars in front changing into my lane while I am going faster than them (driving on the left lane already), especially on the highway.
I Hate this, my biggest pet peave..
Supercooled wrote: One flash lane changers. It's more insulting than if they just cut me off without signalling. Seriously, what's the point?

People who recline their seat and/or drive with one hand @ 12 and you can barely see them and they always ride your bumper - all of you are punk ass bitches and I'm sure there are a few on this forum.
What's your issue with this? I have bad posture and can't sit up straight, it's not comfortable.. The one hand @ 12 (well 6 not 12 for me) comes from being a smoker
AudiDude wrote: Visit Woodbridge...

My least favourite driver is the one who drives so strangely and erratically, you can't get a vibe for what he/she is going to do next. The light changes, they accelerate soooo slowly, you change lanes and pass them. Three second later, they blow past you and then tap the brakes and then speed and then tap the brakes...repeatedly. A little weave into your lane and then a quick correction. Slow down again so that they are behind you again, then blast past for a repeat performance. Lane change into your lane for a few kilometres and then change back.

Then the a-holes who zip in front of you as you pull up to the light. You had the perfect stopping distance and smooth brake going and then you have to stand on it so you don't rear end the idiot who zipped in front of you. I once saw the driver of a large truck not stand on the brake on purpose. After that someone got a big ticket and needed to get a replacement Honda.
I hate people who stop the minute they see a yellow... there's still plenty of time to beat the light, now I'm sitting at a red cause you have no balls

- This happens often on the 403 west right as you come off the 401 west.. it's only 2 lanes for awhile with 1 carpool lane...
Cars driving side by side the entire stretch slowing down both lanes, and I don't want to use the carpool lane to pass.. move the **** over, or at least speed up so I can pass...
Deal Addict
Jun 12, 2009
1049 posts
448 upvotes
vaportech wrote: Yea I got pulled over three times for passing cops. lol.

I don't get tickets tho, cause they stop harassing you once you tell em word for word the charter of rights and freedoms when they ask you why you pass them.

This post:

[IMG]http://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/galle ... cepalm.jpg[/IMG]

This thread:

[IMG]http://www.straferight.com/photopost/da ... cepalm.jpg[/IMG]
Deal Addict
Jul 5, 2010
2142 posts
1566 upvotes
vaportech wrote: Yea I got pulled over three times for passing cops. lol.

YOU IS SO COOL!

I guess we were right when we assumed you drove like a douche in your incar video thread.