Tags:
None
[OP]
Aug 25, 2004
9 posts
1 upvote
Toronto

What is the best LCD TV deal for this boxing day

I hear that TD has the best LCD TV deals in town, I wonder they will reduce some more for boxing day. Anyone has any other place for better deals ?.

Olivia 27" for 1384.99 after rebate.
Olivia 30" for 18xx.xx (saw at the store do not remember the price x values)

Also Olivia has the best aspect ration 16:9 and refresh rates 750:1.

Any suggestions... in the market for one. :D

Bala.
6 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 24, 2002
2295 posts
137 upvotes
Ottawa
I'm looking for something a bit smaller, between 17 and 21 inches... Anyone know of any upcoming LCD TV deals in that range?

~V79~
Jul 20, 2003
922 posts
56 upvotes
Surrey
Sbala wrote:I hear that TD has the best LCD TV deals in town, I wonder they will reduce some more for boxing day. Anyone has any other place for better deals ?.

Olivia 27" for 1384.99 after rebate.
Olivia 30" for 18xx.xx (saw at the store do not remember the price x values)
I'm waiting for them to drop the price of this LCD TV too. But how does it it perform?
Deal Addict
Sep 15, 2004
3309 posts
146 upvotes
Sbala wrote: Olivia 30" for 18xx.xx (saw at the store do not remember the price x values)
I have an email... 9 days until Christmas from Tiger with this LCD on at 1799.97 whihc is pretty good value... I played around with it for a while and didn't like the fact that the colour adjustment was either warm/cold and in cold it was really cold blue... when you put it to warm... all the blues went greenish, it was still good to watch, but I' like a bit more control.

I'll overlook all of this with a boxing day... 15% off.

We should see a lot of LCD large panels when the TTC buys into 40" panels for all the subways next month. As a side note slashdot.org had a great discussion on Plasma's vs LCD panels yesterday under the 'Sony drops plasma' article.
Sep 2, 2003
480 posts
177 upvotes
York
Matrix_dot_ca wrote:I'm waiting for them to drop the price of this LCD TV too. But how does it it perform?
<a href=../autolink/redirectpage.php?linkid=148 target=_blank>TigerDirect.ca</a> had these on sale from mid November- early December. I think the 27" was around $10xx (after rebate) and the 30" around $15xx (after rebate). I'm not sure if they were typos but when I was ready to buy one of them they went out of stock. When the 27" came back in stock it was in the $12xx range after rebate. Now its in the $13xx range after rebate. I'm not sure if the prices are rising due to LCD shortages or if its <a href=../autolink/redirectpage.php?linkid=148 target=_blank>TigerDirect.ca</a> messing with prices again.

Anyways, there are a lot of positive reviews for the 27" and 30" Olevia LCDs from Syntax. Mainly due to the best bang for buck. Also note that Syntax is releasing a 32" and 37" LCDs soon and the specs seem to be better. More info and reviews on the Olevia LCDs can be found at www.syntaxgroups.com
Deal Addict
Sep 15, 2004
3309 posts
146 upvotes
luckystrike wrote:www.syntaxgroups.com
Thanks for the Syntax link... that 37" looks very nice, just wondering if it has the RGB inputs the 30" has and what price are we looking at... Tiger & Staples are both authorized.

I'd still get the 30" if it goes $1500, I'm crossing my fingers.
Feb 22, 2003
230 posts
8 upvotes
If i read correctly, I saw a few posts where people had the 30" for 999US after rebates in the US near their thanksgiving sale. I was hoping for the 30" price to be around 1300-1400 ..
as