Food & Drink

What is the best thing to eat or drink to cure a hang over?

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 14th, 2007 3:54 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Fanatic
Feb 6, 2004
6902 posts
586 upvotes
GT'eh

What is the best thing to eat or drink to cure a hang over?

You see I have this friend who always gets tanked when we go out drinking and then they get dizzy & lightheaded the next morning & even sometimes yak in my sink....They may be a borderline alki, but won't admit it. I've herad certain things are better than others. I told her to drink water, ginger ale, OJ?

Anyone know of homeade remedies or herbal medicines u can take?
She would appreciate it.
Ne0's Bio:
➡Retired G@mer & t3<h <0nn0!ss3ur ??? Spitting t3<h lingo since the early 90's ➡Member of Crazy Group Buys ??? ➡ Feedback: rFD | 500+
49 replies
Deal Addict
Jul 9, 2005
1082 posts
44 upvotes
Vancouver
sports drink to rehydrate and then something with protein.
Deal Guru
Mar 17, 2004
11327 posts
9 upvotes
CA
Taco Bell and KFC work for me for some strange reason
Deal Fanatic
Sep 16, 2004
9779 posts
2050 upvotes
Toronto
Lots of water. Tomato juice with raw egg cracked into it with some salt, black pepper and cayenne or hot sauce.
Deal Addict
Oct 12, 2005
1171 posts
15 upvotes
Lots of water usually works fine.
Deal Guru
Mar 17, 2004
11327 posts
9 upvotes
CA
Lots of water is good for preventing massive hung over. It's better to force yourself to drink a lot before you go to bed, or simply pass out. I always try to stay awake and chuck a few big glasses of water no matter how drunk I get
Deal Expert
Mar 7, 2005
18841 posts
1954 upvotes
Elmira
gh05t wrote:Lots of water. Tomato juice with raw egg cracked into it with some salt, black pepper and cayenne or hot sauce.
LOL

Yeah, that tomato drink sounds like EXACTLY what someone with a hangover needs

*laughs* :rolleyes:
Nov 14, 2003
143 posts
1 upvote
Powerade! or Pedialyte and some generic electrolyte drinks for babies :cheesygri
Deal Addict
May 1, 2003
1947 posts
119 upvotes
Toronto
water and gator/powerade are generally good choices.

oddly enough a friend of mine always insisted having another drink in the morning helped him. not sure how long that went on. haha
Sep 17, 2005
220 posts
Buy two bottles of Gatorade BEFORE you go out. Have as much as you can tolerate before you crash (up to one bottle). Have the rest the following morning with two Ibuprofen pills. Take a shower, and go for a good breakfast (omelette, toast, home fries, etc.). Then go back to sleep.
Deal Addict
Aug 16, 2004
2513 posts
1553 upvotes
Toronto
2 aspirin + as much water as you can drink before going to bed.

It'll be like you didn't drink the night before (except for the pictures :) )
Sep 17, 2005
220 posts
This seems strangely appropriate now.

Taken from:
http://cocktails.about.com/library/blsixstages.htm

One Star Hangover
No pain. No real feeling of illness. Your sleep last night was a mere disco nap, which has given you a whole lot of misplaced energy. Be glad that you are able to function relatively well. However, you are still parched. You can drink 10 sodas and still feel this way. You are craving a steak bomb and a side of gravy fries.

Two Star Hangover
No pain, but something is definitely amiss. You may look okay but you have the mental capacity of a staple gun. The coffee you are chugging is only exacerbating your rumbling gut, which is craving a rootie tootie fresh and fruity pancake breakfast from IHOP. There is some definite havoc being wreaked upon your bowels.

Three Star Hangover
Slight headache. Stomach feels crappy. You are definitely not productive. Anytime a girl walks by you gag because her perfume reminds you of the random gin shots you did with your alcoholic friends after the bouncer 86'd you at 1:45 a.m. Life would be better right now if you were in your bed with a dozen donuts and a meatball hero watching the E! fashion awards. You've had 4 cups of coffee, a gallon of water, 3 Snapples and a liter of diet coke, yet you haven't peed once.

Four Star Hangover
Life sucks. Your head is throbbing. You can't speak too quickly or else you might puke. Your boss has already lambasted you for being late and has given you a lecture for reeking of booze. You wore nice clothes, but that can't hide the fact that you missed an oh-so crucial spot shaving, (girls, it looks like you put your make-up on while riding the bumper cars.) Your eyes look like one big vein and your hair style makes you look like a reject from the class picture of Grover Cleveland HS, class of '84.

Five Star Hangover
AKA "Dante's 4th Circle of Hell."
You have a second heartbeat in your head, which is actually annoying the employee who sits in the next cube. Vodka vapor is seeping out of every pore and making you dizzy. You still have toothpaste crust in the corners of your mouth from brushing your teeth in an attempt to get the remnants of the **** fairy out. Your body has lost the ability to generate saliva, so your tongue is suffocating you. Death seems pretty good right now. You definitely don't remember who you were with, where you were, what you drank and why there is a stranger still sleeping in your bed at your otherwise empty house.

Six Star Hangover
Otherwise known as the "Infinite Nut smacker"
You wake up on your bathroom floor. For about 2 seconds you look at the ceiling, wondering if the cool refreshing feeling on your cheek is the bathroom tile or your vomit from 5 hours ago. It is amazing how your roommate was as drunk as you, but somehow managed to get up before you. You try to lift your head. Not an option. Then you inadvertently turn your head too quickly and smell the funk of 13 packs of cigarettes in your hair. Suddenly you realize you were smoking, but not ultra lights... some jackass handed you Marlboro reds, and you smoked them like it was your second full time job. You look in the mirror only to see remnants of the stamp "Ready to Rock" faintly atop your forehead... the stamp on the back of your hand that has magically appeared on your forehead by alcoholic osmosis. You have to be to work in t-minus 14 minutes and 32 seconds and the only thing you can think of wearing is your "hello kitty" pajamas and your slippers.
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
52937 posts
18146 upvotes
ONTARIO
NDman wrote:Taco Bell and KFC work for me for some strange reason
thats true.. b/c Taco bell is high in carbs (processed flour shells/skin) and the sodium in the beef will help replace your electrolytes and deplete glycogen storage

as for KFC... The high sodium content will help replace electrolytes.
the high protien content of eating pure pieces of chicken will help replace protien in teh body since alcohol disrupts protien sythesis in the body.

This is some stuff i learned from abcbodybuilding whenever someone asked "Is drinking really that detrimental to bodybuilding?"
Deal Addict
Apr 9, 2004
2914 posts
3 upvotes
water. You need water.

The body uses extra water to take out the alcohol. Your headache is because your veins or something is being strained from lack of water.
Deal Addict
Feb 24, 2004
1651 posts
2 upvotes
after you get trashed. drink alot of water before you pass out. i know it's hard to do but it will make you feeeeelll so much better in the morning.

if you forgot to drink water the night before.
drink some more cures it. but only drink a little bit

drink a beer
or
bloody ceasar cures it (yup, vodka and tomato juice!)
or
clam chowder

it will make you feel better... trusttttt me

Honda Integra iS: An unfair advantage
Oct 20, 2003
661 posts
11 upvotes
Get her the morning after pill also... :cheesygri

Water. Lots of water helps.
Coconut water if she is West Indian, or from other parts of South Asia.
Apr 19, 2005
42 posts
drink alot of liquid like water, tea, ginger tea would help and drink lots of liquid the next day too. before drinking eat food that has alot of carbs in it since it will help absorb some of the acohol.