Food & Drink

What is the best thing to eat or drink to cure a hang over?

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 14th, 2007 3:54 pm
Tags:
None
Dec 16, 2006
636 posts
5 upvotes
Xtahse wrote:
bloody ceasar cures it (yup, vodka and tomato juice!)

it will make you feel better... trusttttt me
This one gets my vote. Sometimes I skip the tomato juice and
just pour myself a shot of vodka. Works every time!
STERCUS ACCIDIT :cheesygri
Deal Addict
Mar 11, 2005
1593 posts
50 upvotes
Caesars, FTW! They're the perfect hangover cure. The horseradish and hot sauce give me a nice kick when I'm buckled the morning after.

Water and of course sports drinks are good, too. A hearty fry-up, as the article said, is key, too.
Deal Addict
Aug 31, 2006
1151 posts
1173 upvotes
Norilsk
The dehydration from alcohol being run through your bloodstream as your liver tries to process it, results/ due to a lack of sugar. This results in a painful throbbing of the head and a general feeling of being ill.

The closest sugar source to replenish this and end the pain, is fructose. - ice cream wont work, neither will ten tablespoons of regular sugar in your coffee.

obviously fruit has fructose, but it takes a few hours for your body to process it. the fastest way would be honey.

however you get your fructose, know that even with honey you will have an hour before the pain starts to subside, sometimes a greasy meal (wendy's Manchu wok) will give you a temporary boost.

as will Advil, or some other kinds of NSAID (non steroidal anti-inflamitory drug)/.

And there is always the old adage of "drink lots of water and take two advil before you pass out the night before, and you wont be hung-over" I suggest some honey and toast with that water n advil.

FR - (Irish)
Deal Addict
Aug 31, 2006
1151 posts
1173 upvotes
Norilsk
oh and I agree with other posters,

the hair of the dog.

just dont use red wine.
Deal Fanatic
May 31, 2006
6364 posts
776 upvotes
Toronto
Pork bone soup/hangover soup. You get it from those Korean restaurants.
Deal Guru
Mar 23, 2005
13432 posts
297 upvotes
Midland
After this hangover, the solution is to not overdrink in the first place to avoid the hangover.
"Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent." - US President, Calvin Coolidge
Deal Addict
Jun 15, 2007
1392 posts
7 upvotes
When I am really hungover, some things "help", but there are no known cures for my hangovers. Tomato juice with an advil chaser seems to make things a little more tolerable.

may i also suggest carrying a bottle of visine with you....it does wonders for the eyes if you need to face your boss/coworkers/customers
Deal Addict
Jul 19, 2005
3560 posts
151 upvotes
Toronto
gatorade + bag of chips or better yet a bucket of KFC
Oct 6, 2007
253 posts
38 upvotes
Burlington
To avoid the hangover in the first place, have a bottle of Gatorate and an Advil before you go to bed... always does the trick!

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)