Fashion & Beauty

What boots for winter? (any recommendations?)

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 6th, 2019 9:36 pm
Tags:
Oct 31, 2018
19 posts
17 upvotes
4330 Adelaide St Tor…
I like Hunterboots. The winter boot is not really heavy.
Lehmann L
Apr 20, 2018
198 posts
16 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
I'm in the market for winter boot as well ... I live in the greater Toronto area. I never bought winter boot before lol, always wore sneaker related type shoes and I'm getting a bit tired of my socks getting wet :P

Looking for something fashionable looking, warm because I will be walking like 15+ mins of walking, waterproof and good traction to walk through snow and ice
[OP]
Aug 15, 2018
36 posts
22 upvotes
raptors87 wrote:
Nov 16th, 2018 4:48 pm
I'm in the market for winter boot as well ... I live in the greater Toronto area. I never bought winter boot before lol, always wore sneaker related type shoes and I'm getting a bit tired of my socks getting wet :P

Looking for something fashionable looking, warm because I will be walking like 15+ mins of walking, waterproof and good traction to walk through snow and ice
Since I moved to Canada I gave up the fashion side of things when I buy winter clothes. Bought a green jacket, yellow gloves etc... I'll probably look like a Christmas tree when walking around.

For the boots I ended up getting these ones https://www.marks.com/en/windriver-mens ... dth%5D=REG

It's not fashionable, but 400g insulation, waterproof and the fact they are very light - made me chose them. It was on sales too.
Dec 12, 2014
156 posts
69 upvotes
Montréal, QC
I wouldn't recommend Timberland, they are NOT comfortable.
Like previous posters said, I think most boots saying -30C or less are good, just don't forget to get the RIGHT SOCKS, 100% wool preferably!! And a baselayer in wool or wool blend.
Feb 12, 2013
815 posts
83 upvotes
Hmm, doesn't look like there's any consensus in this thread. Looking for something for winter commuting (walking) in Ottawa / Toronto climates to and from work, 30 min distances.

Subscribing for forthcoming comments.
Apr 22, 2018
12 posts
2 upvotes
Toronto
jesuisdanny wrote:
Nov 25th, 2018 9:10 pm
Hmm, doesn't look like there's any consensus in this thread. Looking for something for winter commuting (walking) in Ottawa / Toronto climates to and from work, 30 min distances.

Subscribing for forthcoming comments.
30 Minutes in winter wow!! I would die in 30 minutes, but then I had worked an 8 hours shift in freezing rain :( Worst day of my life
Feb 14, 2015
70 posts
18 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
I have a cold feet and I have not found the öne shoes that I can vet. I have Adirondack by Uggs, Joan of Arc by Sorel, and a Kamik boots but I still freeze...
Jan 6, 2008
22 posts
10 upvotes
I have these: Sperry with Vibram Arctic grips. Now on it's second year. Warmth is pretty good. I am concerned about slipping on the ice and they're only one of the few with Arctic grips. Is there slippage? I think there's some but I do feel some grip after the first slight slip. I like that I can just pull them off without bothering with the laces.
Deal Addict
Apr 7, 2011
1410 posts
194 upvotes
For commuting and general walking I like my Blundstones with a change to a thermal insole. Warm enough and light and comfortable.
For true snowy conditions LL Bean duck boots are great. I've had mine for close to 20 years and they're still going. I bought gortex liners after I lost enough weight that they became too large on me. Now they're super warm for Ontario weather.
Feb 12, 2013
815 posts
83 upvotes
PulkitK57038 wrote:
Dec 13th, 2018 8:31 am
30 Minutes in winter wow!! I would die in 30 minutes, but then I had worked an 8 hours shift in freezing rain :( Worst day of my life
Yeah, never thought I'd be able to do it either! Recently moved downtown and it's become a surprisingly positive experience. Fire up the podcast, appreciate the scenery. Your body adjusts to it over time. I'm not a winter person, at all. Will probably start driving in a month when it gets too cold to hack it, but reinforcing myself to walk as much as possible because my office life makes me a lazy ass.