Deal Fanatic
Oct 10, 2006
7743 posts
85 upvotes
Toronto
Looks like a Yorkshire Terrier to me.
Cute...here's some info
http://www.yorkie.org/

We have a Bichon...slightly larger, but to give you an idea of the costs incurred:
Food ~$80/year
Grooming ~$150/year
Vet ~$175/year (always been healthy)
Insurance Pet(/mth)
Medic Accident $11.95
PetMedic Select $21.57
Standard $32.98
Ribbon $45.80
Medallion $62.99
Champion $77.93
See this button :confused: :confused: Learn how to use it PLEASE ;)
Mar 3, 2006
513 posts
164 upvotes
Don't know the breed but one of my friends had one named ''Gazoo'' , maybe it could be a good name for yours! ;)
Deal Addict
Jul 5, 2003
1118 posts
43 upvotes
A very poorly bred Yorkie - could potentially be a mix.

Breeder listings can be found at http://www.dogsincanada.com/Default.aspx?tabid=66.

Durrer Yorkshire Terriers (519-364-5130; fax 364-1554) are one of the top Yorkshire breeders. You are probably looking at $1500 to $2500. I know it sounds steep but compared to what PJs sells them for .. you are getting a deal. Good breeders will provide health guarantees with expertise and knowledge on the breed. You also get a very pretty Yorkie compared to what the ones at PJs or some backyard breeder pup grow up looking like.
Deal Guru
Mar 30, 2002
12415 posts
10 upvotes
That thing will be cheap to feed... I'm guessing only 2-3 big bags a year so about $80-120.

There will be other expenses though... vet, shots, medicine, grooming, accessories and neutering/spaying :|
:hay:

[You got a dream, you gotta protect it. People can't do something themselves, they wanna tell you that you can't do it. You want something? Go get it. Period.]
Deal Addict
May 5, 2005
2206 posts
1 upvote
someone at yonge/finch gave away a free yorkie a few days ago- 1 year old

too late for you :(
Deal Addict
May 20, 2005
3044 posts
16 upvotes
Toronto
Looks like a Morkie. (Maltese/Yorkie)

C.
~~ Never argue with an idiot -- he will drag you down to his level, then beat you with experience.~~
Deal Addict
May 20, 2005
3044 posts
16 upvotes
Toronto
malaco0219 wrote: definitely yorkie.
I disagree. It looks like a Yorkie mix.

C.
~~ Never argue with an idiot -- he will drag you down to his level, then beat you with experience.~~
Deal Addict
Aug 6, 2004
1663 posts
5 upvotes
CharmyPoo wrote: A very poorly bred Yorkie - could potentially be a mix.

Breeder listings can be found at http://www.dogsincanada.com/Default.aspx?tabid=66.

Durrer Yorkshire Terriers (519-364-5130; fax 364-1554) are one of the top Yorkshire breeders. You are probably looking at $1500 to $2500. I know it sounds steep but compared to what PJs sells them for .. you are getting a deal. Good breeders will provide health guarantees with expertise and knowledge on the breed. You also get a very pretty Yorkie compared to what the ones at PJs or some backyard breeder pup grow up looking like.
oh man, I promised my gf i'd get her one...does PJ's do pricematches? :lol:

o well, by the time she convinces her dog hating family, i'd have enough spare change, or hopefully someone will give one away...

dogs are better to own from baby stage right?
Deal Expert
Jun 12, 2003
15213 posts
1671 upvotes
Markham
CharmyPoo wrote: A very poorly bred Yorkie - could potentially be a mix.

don't u find it sad that you can say all of that? living dogs have become merchandise

back on topic.... THAT DOG IS SO CUTE :razz: too bad i'm too lazy to take care of one, though i would love its company
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
52935 posts
18144 upvotes
ONTARIO
PlayerOne wrote: oh man, I promised my gf i'd get her one...does PJ's do pricematches? :lol:

o well, by the time she convinces her dog hating family, i'd have enough spare change, or hopefully someone will give one away...

dogs are better to own from baby stage right?
umm..... pets arent a good thing to buy as a gift.. u said she has to convince dog hating family right?
thats not a good environment to put a dog into... It may take the entire family or a EXTREMELY loving dog owner to take care of a pet... People may be busy with school/work & other obligations and not have the time for a pet.

Are you sure she isnt gonna just get the dog, and then have to give it away when her parents get too pissed off @ it? Those are just some things to think about... its a huge responsibility owning a pet.
Deal Addict
Aug 6, 2004
1663 posts
5 upvotes
i think what shadow was trying to say its that dogs are treated like items now, buying and selling at high prices, i could understand why ppl would think that

oh and to be exact, her family doesn't actually hate dogs, just that her sister sneezes when hairs are flying everywhere, trimming the dog often will probably prevent that (i'm guessing)

anyhow, i don't think getting a dog for her would make a good gift anyways, the dog would be home alone for approx 7 hours everyday, and minus sleeping time, the dog would probably feel lonely right? i heard you're suppose to pour your time into the dog when it's still young
Deal Addict
Jul 5, 2003
1118 posts
43 upvotes
ShadowVlican wrote: don't u find it sad that you can say all of that? living dogs have become merchandise
They are expensive "merchandise" that requires continued care, love and additional money. You just do anything you can for them. I had a boy (Nibbler) who had all sort of problems. I spent $10,000 in one year trying to save him and trying to figure out what was wrong with him. He ended up passing away and there was nothing I could do.

Here is a photo of him :(
[IMG]http://www.creativecharm.com/furkids/Nibbler.jpg[/IMG]
Deal Addict
Mar 5, 2005
1102 posts
58 upvotes
Toronto
PlayerOne wrote: i think what shadow was trying to say its that dogs are treated like items now, buying and selling at high prices, i could understand why ppl would think that

oh and to be exact, her family doesn't actually hate dogs, just that her sister sneezes when hairs are flying everywhere, trimming the dog often will probably prevent that (i'm guessing)

anyhow, i don't think getting a dog for her would make a good gift anyways, the dog would be home alone for approx 7 hours everyday, and minus sleeping time, the dog would probably feel lonely right? i heard you're suppose to pour your time into the dog when it's still young
Yorkies have "hair" and not "fur" so they dont shed. I have never had any hair problems with my yorkie so far. So you shouldn't have taht problem of having hairs flying everywhere with a yorkie.
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
52935 posts
18144 upvotes
ONTARIO
PlayerOne wrote: i think what shadow was trying to say its that dogs are treated like items now, buying and selling at high prices, i could understand why ppl would think that

get a hypoallergenic dog... yes there is such thign! whippets have next to no hair and low maintence, but they are very clingy... so if u leave em home too long they will be sad.
You gotta get a dog thatll work best for the family/persons lifestyle...

If your out @ work all the time you need an independent one. If your affectionate and play with ur dog all the time, then a clingy one would be good.

http://pets.yahoo.com/pets/dogs/
take the dog test! then research your dog. :cheesygri

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)