• Apr 27th, 2008 9:45 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Mar 31, 2005
477 posts
23 upvotes

What can I do with a blackberry?

I've recently received a blackberry for work - 8800 series from Bell (8830?). I've been a long time Palm/Treo user and the first thing I noticed is that softwares are pretty hard to come by for the Blackberry... it seems like Palm software are all over the net, but there are hardly any for the Blackberry... is my observation correct? I'm just looking for games to keep me busy on my commute, but it seems like games are around $10 each and can add up quick.
6 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 5, 2006
1946 posts
132 upvotes
Toronto
you can find some free game downloads on different blackberry forums. download them to your PC/laptop and load them through the application launcher (BB desktop manger). these are free games so mind you they probably aren't crazy like the ones you pay for but some of them can be fun.

just ran a google search "free blackberry games" and foudn this site
http://www.bbgeeks.com/blackberry-games ... rry-88159/
Mar 4, 2006
490 posts
34 upvotes
Not a heck of a lot. BlackBerrys are mainly for the business crowd, I have one for work and it's pretty lame. Had a Palm before and found it much more expandable.

On the other side, for work the BlackBerry does everything I need it to do for work very well, email, phone, calendar, etc... Just not much fun.
Deal Expert
Jun 3, 2005
27984 posts
924 upvotes
Dildo, NL
I hear they make great skipping stones :lol: .
unlim national, unlim Global SMS, CD/VM, 8Gb of Blazing Fast LTE $45
PC Plus Tally: $2480 [Yota Mafia] Ebates 2017 Tally: $39.74, Late to da game
100% BST & Heatware Trader since 2005
Photobucket, Suck a Big Fat Stinkin'...
Deal Addict
Mar 31, 2005
3316 posts
277 upvotes
Calgary
On my way home from work I sent two meeting requests, answered numerous emails, surfed the web and booked a car rental, made a call, took and sent a picture to a messenger friend, played Golden Tee and Texas Hold-em, listened to MP3s and watched part of I Am Legend.

I have a BlackBerry Pearl 8100.
[OP]
Mar 31, 2005
477 posts
23 upvotes
thanks for all the suggestions, so far, I think the 1 thing that entice me the most are its media playback abilities (I'll carry my Treo around for games, other stuff - its pretty geeky to be carrying a Treo, a blackberry, and sometimes my PSP, but each of them only does 1 or 2 things well)... On to converting movies for the blackberry!

Thanks again guys!