Computers & Electronics

What can i still do with old apple devices ?

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 13th, 2018 11:03 am
Tags:
Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2009
18259 posts
6409 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
MrFrugal1 wrote:
Dec 29th, 2017 9:06 pm
Are you using the car's audio system, or something aftermarket? My Wife's 2009 Honda Bluetooth system has no problem with a 2005 iPod Nano.
Cars audio system connects to a Bluetooth device (viseo tune2air) that is in turn connected to the iPhone. God damn jag and audi know how to make an 80k car but f giving people the option of wirelessly streaming their music.

Also I need to stop using beta software on my iPhone.
deleted to keep the site family friendly. Was about copping sick fadez.
Well there's no sick fadez left to be copped now that the regimen cannot be admired in all its glory
RIP sick fadez.
Deal Addict
Jan 2, 2012
2086 posts
957 upvotes
KINGSTON,ON
nasa25 wrote:
Dec 29th, 2017 9:28 pm
Cars audio system connects to a Bluetooth device (viseo tune2air) that is in turn connected to the iPhone. God damn jag and audi know how to make an 80k car but f giving people the option of wirelessly streaming their music.

Also I need to stop using beta software on my iPhone.
Damn!
Times are tough, bro. My 2004 GMC Sierra's CD player stopped reading discs. Now I have to listen to FM radio. Harsh.
Deal Expert
Dec 4, 2010
16027 posts
1326 upvotes
TOP SECRET SPAGHETTI…
Are you a Cossack?

Sell it. Won't get much for it but it will go to a good home for people who may not be able to afford latest tech.
[OP]
Penalty Box
Jan 4, 2011
4565 posts
715 upvotes
Supercooled wrote:
Dec 29th, 2017 9:44 pm
Are you a Cossack?

Sell it. Won't get much for it but it will go to a good home for people who may not be able to afford latest tech.
Yeah that's what i will do.

Нападающие товарищи
May 8, 2007
778 posts
166 upvotes
Fraser Valley, BC
I have an iPod Touch 2 (over 9 years old) - still use it for some email, check weather, timer for cooking, store some photos, surprisingly it can Airplay music to an Apple TV. Too slow for most web pages. On iOS 4.

iPad 2 (over 6 years old) - use it as remote control for Telus Optik TV PVR, it's still OK for undemanding tablet things but some bloated web pages are deadly slow. On iOS 9 which is its final OS.

iPad Air (over 4 years old) - still does everything I want, on iOS 10 (next to latest iOS).

Mac Mini 2011 (over 6 years old) - still does everything I want on Sierra (next to latest MacOS).
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2012
1034 posts
281 upvotes
Hamilton
Coz4k wrote:
Dec 28th, 2017 12:24 pm
I have few old apple devices (ipod touch, ipad etc.) that cannot run lastest iOS and when i come to install an app it says you need iOS 7 or later.

Basically can't install any app.

Is there anything to do with these ? Bypass this BS or something.

I don't know much about apple crappy products since what they do does not make any sense and i try not to buy anything related to apple.
You could do what most of us do. Put them in a box until you think of a use for them. Then pull them out a few years later when you thought of a use to find they no longer take a charge and don’t work correctly when plugged in. You can then recycle them guilt free.