Shopping Discussion

What can you buy in the USA that you can't buy here in Canada? (e.g. Cherry Coke)

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 20th, 2011 8:51 am
Tags:
None
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 17, 2006
3353 posts
65 upvotes

What can you buy in the USA that you can't buy here in Canada? (e.g. Cherry Coke)

I have a friend that is going to the states this weekend and was wondering what I can ask him to grab while he's there?

Bonus: CDN is in our favor at the moment
2010 Rig: i7 930 @ 2.8Ghz, 6GB DDR3 G.Skill 1600, 256GB SSD, 1TB WB Black, R280C, Gigabyte EX58-UD3R, Thermaltake S-Spin H/S, Corsair HX650W, CM Scout Case, 2x LG Flatron W2343V,Win7 Ultimate 64bit
34 replies
Deal Addict
Jan 19, 2006
4130 posts
744 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
I am there's another thread like this one...

Rice Krispy treats cereal
Deal Addict
Jan 30, 2007
3036 posts
208 upvotes
Surrey
darkprince wrote:
Feb 16th, 2011 11:34 pm
I have a friend that is going to the states this weekend and was wondering what I can ask him to grab while he's there?

Bonus: CDN is in our favor at the moment

Here's a tip for you: Instead of asking people what they would like, how 'bout just asking your friend to bring back stuff you'd want? You can get all the 'only in the USA' stuff you want, but if you don't need it, or don't like it, then you're just throwing away your money.
Deal Addict
Dec 15, 2007
1833 posts
597 upvotes
Guelph
Booberry & Frankenberry cereal... Mmmmm
Jan 4, 2011
100 posts
61 upvotes
darkprince wrote:
Feb 16th, 2011 11:34 pm

I'm assuming that you aren't sure what's even available, so you are wondering what other people like to get.

Personally, I like to try the different chocolate bars and candies you can't get here, like Almond Joy, $100,000 Bar, Ike and Mike, etc. You could just have your frend grab a few of anything they don't recognize. Sometimes there are vanilla Mars bars, stuff like that. Oh, Zagnut.

Maybe some of the baked goods, like Ding Dongs. Again, your buddy could grab anything exotic-looking.

I got stuck with some kind of weird coconut thing in Mexico one time, but that's the price of adventure.

Speaking of adventure, you might want to try the aeresol cheese. I'm not kidding. And it's much, much better than it sounds. "Ea-Z-cheeze" or something.

(BTW, somebody was in the news recently for having their Kinder Surprise confiscated at the border as illegal contraband or something, and facing a $300 fine. It was the prize inside that was a safety issue, not the edible part.)

Hey, I just found this link. Some good ideas here: http://chowhound.chow.com/topics/723689

Somebody mentioned "Count Chocula".

Better get on the tread-mill!

<--- Aiming to be "Thanked" on 10% of my posts. Please Help!
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2010
1450 posts
337 upvotes
Toronto
Fanta Lemon - you can get that is most countries though apart from Canada
Coco pops - why don't they sell them here?
Deal Addict
Mar 30, 2004
3405 posts
621 upvotes
Cherry Coke.
Vanilla Coke.
Cherry Coke Zero.
Vanilla Coke Zero.
Wild Cherry Pepsi.
Cherry Dr. Pepper.
Mountain Dew Throwback (cane sugar).
A&W Vanilla Cream Soda.
Deal Addict
May 18, 2009
2090 posts
317 upvotes
Kitchener-Waterloo, …
I really need to get my passport for the summer :lol: Bring back as much cherry coke and vanilla coke as you can fit in your car.
Deal Guru
Apr 17, 2005
12622 posts
833 upvotes
RandomSanity wrote:
Feb 17th, 2011 2:22 pm
I really need to get my passport for the summer :lol: Bring back as much cherry coke and vanilla coke as you can fit in your car.

theyre in canada right now, probably for a limited time if you can find them. my local corner store carries cherry coke, cherry coke Zero, and vanilla coke
----------------------
References:
My HoFo, eBay, HeaT & RFD Feedback! 100% POSITIVE!
Available upon request.
Rehan wrote:
Nov 13th, 2009 4:04 pm
All of you shut your mouths and leave the OP alone.