• Last Updated:
  • Nov 14th, 2012 11:49 pm
Tags:
None
Nov 13, 2012
26 posts
MONTREAL

What are the chances?

Hey, there. I was just wondering, what are the chances of getting into a university like Toronto (Rotman), Ivey, Queen's, etc. after completing a 3 year college diploma and transferring? Are there chances if my GPA is very high or are they still slim to none. My high school marks aren't high enough to get me into a university as of now and I've decided I have to go to university in my life. What other schools would be a more viable option for me rather than?
2 replies
Jul 15, 2012
313 posts
167 upvotes
Calgary
The criteria for transfer students are different than those fresh out of high school. There's no unified standard across all post-secondaries in regards to how they handle transfer students. However, the odds shouldn't be stacked against you. I know plenty of people who transfered to my program. They seem to do fine. Plus, many of them have a lighter course load because they have already taken equivalent courses elsewhere.
Aug 12, 2012
105 posts
3 upvotes
SCARBOROUGH
It's worth a shot. I got into UofT after going to college and doing very well, and my high school average was about 65. Although I went for ArtSci so I can't help beyond that, sorry.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)