Shopping Discussion

What is the cheapest Electronic Store to price match a TV with Future Shop?

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 24th, 2011 11:24 am
Tags:
None
Aug 20, 2011
148 posts
151 upvotes

What is the cheapest Electronic Store to price match a TV with Future Shop?

Hi I am in the market for a Samsung 55" 3D TV. But would like to price match at future shop or best buy. So far the only place I have been able to find better deals on TV is at Gibbys Electronics and I already check that FS will price match them.

But I am sure that there is got to be another Canadian Authorized dealer with better prices, if you happen to know this place that has a web page showing the prices I will Appreciate the help.
6 replies
Deal Expert
Dec 14, 2005
18176 posts
345 upvotes
Richmond
:arrow:

Moved from "Hot Deals" to "Shopping Discussion."
Deal Addict
Sep 22, 2007
4599 posts
121 upvotes
Why not just buy it at Gibby's Electronics?
Deal Addict
Jun 27, 2005
1631 posts
31 upvotes
Depending on the weekly deals, the price of the same TVs at FS & BB vary by hundreds of $.
I found that other TV dealers will beat their best prices, but you have to ask.

Also some stores offer other things free E.G. Leons price includes delivery.
ever tried loading a 55" TV into the back of a car?
Deal Guru
Aug 14, 2007
12807 posts
3837 upvotes
--
PC-stuff wrote: Depending on the weekly deals, the price of the same TVs at FS & BB vary by hundreds of $.
I found that other TV dealers will beat their best prices, but you have to ask.

Also some stores offer other things free E.G. Leons price includes delivery.
ever tried loading a 55" TV into the back of a car?

Ever tried loading a 46" tv into the back of a car? Might work in some but it's not easy.

If getting delivered, always check before signing anything that the tv is good. If it's laying flat on it's side refuse it as well.

Back on topic. Could try visions electronics. However as I've toldany friends, family and co workers, don't bother getting a 3DTV. You will be dissapointed with the constant lack of 3D content (I know I am. I have used the 3D on mine in months cause there's barely anything out. I can't be bothered searching for anything new in 3D anymore
Aug 20, 2011
148 posts
151 upvotes
Thanks guys! at first I really hate 3D until I got to try this samsung tv. Maybe I wont actually need it on the near future but I can guarantee that if I spend over 1000$ on a Tv that is not 3D then there will be a bunch of 3D content released and will feel like I wasted my money on the 2D. So I think I will spend the extra 300$ and get it 3D just to keep up.

I don't think I will fit it on my car but maybe my pick up truck would do
Deal Fanatic
Feb 15, 2005
6795 posts
2504 upvotes
YEG
Spending the extra $300 on a low-end 3D tv will end up in disappointment. It will likely use active shutter glasses which cost $250 each. Spend the $300 on better quality panel and video processing. Then, calibrate the tv using something simple like Digital Video Essentials. The 15 minutes it takes will make the tv far better than the torch mode that it likely comes in.
⬆⬆⬇⬇⬅➡⬅➡BA