• Last Updated:
  • Feb 12th, 2018 11:05 pm
[OP]
Feb 23, 2015
296 posts
11 upvotes
Mississauga, ON

What is the closest port to Toronto? for shipments from China

Looking into importing a laser cutter. It is as big as a fridge. They will ship it to any port. I would like to drive and pick it up from the port if it is not far.

I know there is a port in Toronto, but is that really a place they will ship to, or will it have to be shipped to the East coast or Vancouver? In that case driving won't be feasible.

Any idea what the duty is for laser cutter, or is there a site to find it from, rather than calling the Feds?
5 replies
May 21, 2015
118 posts
23 upvotes
Vancouver
ask a customs broker. they will have all of those answers and can clear the shipment for a fee, arrange delivery, estimate duties.
Jul 4, 2011
26 posts
4 upvotes
Scarborough
You should be able to get a delivery in Toronto.
If goods are shipped CIF then you can ask your custom broker to arrange delivery from port to your warehouse.
If goods are FOB then aka your freight forwarder to quote you the cost from China to Toronto, it will be cheaper to negotiate port to door.
Sep 17, 2017
1 posts
Hi BizDeveloper,
just faced the same situation.
Looking to buy laser 50W laser cutter.
Talked to manufacture representative.
They will deliver to the closest Port. ( i'm also in Mississauga ),
so not sure where is the closest to us.
These guys can do clearance and delivery to door for almost 50% of the printer price..
Sounds too expensive. Can you please tell how did you import yours ( if you did ).
Thanks in advance.
Feb 11, 2018
1 posts
Hi GoodManSerg, BizDeveloper,
Have you made any progress in buying and importing a laser engraver? I live in Ottawa and am looking to do something similar. If you have bought and imported one, what brand was it and are you happy with it?
thanks,
James