Home & Garden

What colours you recommend for Kitchen, Family Room and Living Room?

• Last Updated:
  • May 19th, 2017 4:34 pm
[OP]
May 16, 2010
239 posts
2 upvotes

TIA
5 replies
Apr 29, 2014
554 posts
90 upvotes
Pickering, ON
Gray Gray Gray.... It seems look what everyone doing these days.... There are a million shade
Deal Addict
Jun 9, 2005
1544 posts
161 upvotes
Calgary
SleepyEyez wrote:
May 19th, 2017 12:08 am
Gray Gray Gray.... It seems look what everyone doing these days.... There are a million shade
I hear there's only 50 shades...

Anyway, we're building right now and I decided to go with a white kitchen cabinet, dark quartz, and light hardwood floor. I was thinking about dark cabinets, but decided not to do that as we want light coloured floors and it didn't work well together. Check out pinterest or walk into some open houses or showhomes and check out what they have there.
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2009
3056 posts
1088 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
Nuprapture wrote:
May 19th, 2017 2:15 am
I hear there's only 50 shades...

Anyway, we're building right now and I decided to go with a white kitchen cabinet, dark quartz, and light hardwood floor. I was thinking about dark cabinets, but decided not to do that as we want light coloured floors and it didn't work well together. Check out pinterest or walk into some open houses or showhomes and check out what they have there.
Light floors and dark cabinets work very well together. I prefer the high contrast rather than a more blended look with the floor. We have light beige tile in the kitchen with espresso cabinets, and light counters.
Sep 20, 2008
841 posts
99 upvotes
Toronto
A high gloss RFD red, accented by black hardware and maple decal.
Project 708
Design . Draft . Build
Residential & Commercial