Tags:
None
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 2, 2004
1674 posts
2 upvotes

what is considered weekend?

do you guys have a problem with restaurants charging weekend pricing on a friday?
is friday really considered the weekend?
and how come friday lunch is still considered regular weekday?
where is the line drawn between weekday and weekend cuz quite often that's a $5 difference at buffets
6 replies
Deal Expert
Jun 14, 2003
23140 posts
187 upvotes
nx2k wrote:do you guys have a problem with restaurants charging weekend pricing on a friday?
is friday really considered the weekend?
and how come friday lunch is still considered regular weekday?
where is the line drawn between weekday and weekend cuz quite often that's a $5 difference at buffets
Weekend as end of work of the week.
Sep 18, 2004
384 posts
10 upvotes
Toronto ON
c'mon.. Don't you remember the Flintstones? 5 PM, the dino whistle blows.. Yabba Dabba Dooo! (translation: weekend has arrived)
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 2, 2004
1674 posts
2 upvotes
but not everyone works mondays to fridays, and definitely not everyone works 9 to 5, wouldn't it be more fair if they incorporate what was more universally known as weekends which is saturday and sunday only into their menus
Banned
Jan 11, 2004
19816 posts
560 upvotes
i dont got a problem with it... i consider friday nite the weekend since its the end of the week until monday... and besides.. they are charging more b/c its busier friday nite -sunday...its just ur regular price discrimination.
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2003
4421 posts
159 upvotes
Austin/Markham
thats surprising, I don't know of any restaurants that do that. Most of the ones I been to defined weekend as sat and sun. fri falls under the mon-fri weekday category....
__
demandez-lui si elle dormira avec vous pour un LED keychain
Deal Fanatic
Oct 26, 2002
5935 posts
382 upvotes
BC
we dont have different weekend prices here.

to me the weekend is sat/sun
That's my 2cents worth