Careers

What could this mean? They reposted the job after interviewing me. No response yet

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 7th, 2012 1:53 pm
[OP]
Jan 28, 2012
72 posts
2 upvotes
GUELPH

What could this mean? They reposted the job after interviewing me. No response yet

I applied for a job through the company's website. I then got a phone interview, which in my opinion went very well. However its four days and not heard from them. Today, the went to my schools job board and posted the job. So does this mean, I didn't make it through the next round? I've seen this happen to me with another company. Interviewed then the reposted the job wanting more experience, wtf?
15 replies
Deal Addict
Mar 8, 2010
3552 posts
83 upvotes
I dunno, what could it mean? :facepalm:

And why is this in the students forum?
RFD OT: Serious answers to stupid questions.
RFD Definition of 'troll': Someone whose opinion you don't like.
Mar 29, 2011
825 posts
68 upvotes
They don't want you, shocking I know. Move on
Deal Fanatic
Feb 16, 2010
5200 posts
162 upvotes
What could it possibly mean?
ᕦ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕤ
Mar 27, 2003
981 posts
114 upvotes
Vancouver
Now that they've established a baseline for the job. They're looking for real candidates now. :facepalm:
May 19, 2006
488 posts
62 upvotes
Maybe they are looking for someone with better proofreading before posting skills. Seriously, I think I counted about 5-6 writing mistakes in your post. Attention to detail is important! :twisted:

RS6quattro wrote:
Feb 6th, 2012 4:02 pm
I applied for a job through the company's website. I then got a phone interview, which in my opinion went very well. However its four days and not heard from them. Today, the went to my schools job board and posted the job. So does this mean, I didn't make it through the next round? I've seen this happen to me with another company. Interviewed then the reposted the job wanting more experience, wtf?
Sep 16, 2007
543 posts
11 upvotes
Kitchener
This happens all the time. Get used to it now when you are starting out. Even when you have tons of experience this WILL happen. They don`t have the time to respond to every reject. HR people are notorious for not answering phone calls for this very reason. If they really want you they`ll contact you and send an offer your way. Anyway, give it a week and in the mean time focus on looking for more jobs.

The reason why you are getting juvenile responses is because it`s happened to everybody who has job hunted.

I recall somebody saying how getting a job or hunting for one like dating. I sort of concur. The candidate is the man (as in most cases). You go querying and searching to spread your seed (resume) everywhere and one of the employers (women) will hire you. Until that happens you spread your seed everywhere assuming they will all disappoint you. Unless an offer arrives with your name on it, your interview means diddy squat.
Feb 11, 2009
714 posts
102 upvotes
Definitely happened to me before. In one case the hiring manager called, gave me feedback (telling me they wanted someone with more experience) and said they decided to keep looking despite interviewing three candidates.
Another time the posting went up after the interview. Don't accidentally re-apply or you'll annoy the HR screener.

A good interviewer tries to make you feel comfortable so you may have felt that it went better than it did. Or if you don't have the experience they were looking for you, you could have been great and still not have been good enough (they might pull you in to see if perhaps you have more experience than your application suggested).

My department had to hire co-ops and interviewed 3 or 4 people. They were unhappy with the interviews and kept looking- and we aren't even looking for experienced candidates.
Mar 9, 2008
733 posts
85 upvotes
Winnipeg
Happens to the majority of people here who aren't happy with their job. Just don't lose confidence and move on.

It's a real bummer when you think you outperformed in the interview stage and hear nothing back. Trust me, I know... :facepalm:
Deal Expert
May 22, 2005
17035 posts
2607 upvotes
Thornhill
Keep your head up, don't let these things put you down.

I had applied to one company right out of University, phone interview went well, then a in-person interview at their HQ's. No reply, then a few weeks later, they reposted it. I had obtained business cards of the people that interviewed me (the department managers and the HR manager), I emailed them inquiring about the position, no reply. The job then was on the posting board for another 8-10 months before it disappeared, only to re-appear for another few months. I just looked over it after that.

Keep trying and don't give up!
Deal Addict
Jun 22, 2004
1861 posts
9 upvotes
It can be 100 reasons.
- employer doesnt want you
- employer wants MORE like you
- employer's dog accidentally reposted the job
- employer's kid is scumbag steve and just wants to mess with candidates
- .... list goes on and on...

One thing I learned about job hunting is to never do the "what does this mean?" analysis. You'll end up ripping your hair out if you over-analyse an employer's every smile, smirk, question, email, handshake, fart, joke, remark...

There can be a million reasons why an employer did something so there isn't a point dreading about it. No point sitting and waiting, keep at it. If you didn't get the job or next round, move on and let things play out.
Oct 3, 2009
416 posts
110 upvotes
mingming wrote:
Feb 7th, 2012 9:05 am
It can be 100 reasons.
- employer doesnt want you
- employer wants MORE like you
- employer's dog accidentally reposted the job
- employer's kid is scumbag steve and just wants to mess with candidates
- .... list goes on and on...

One thing I learned about job hunting is to never do the "what does this mean?" analysis. You'll end up ripping your hair out if you over-analyse an employer's every smile, smirk, question, email, handshake, fart, joke, remark...

There can be a million reasons why an employer did something so there isn't a point dreading about it. No point sitting and waiting, keep at it. If you didn't get the job or next round, move on and let things play out.

This response is the best.
Jan 20, 2011
244 posts
29 upvotes
RS6quattro wrote:
Feb 6th, 2012 4:02 pm

the employer is like your common tramp, you think you are the only one she is seeing but indeed she was seeing 20 other people, you thought you were special but you were just one among many. Now she wants something more so she's dumping you and the 20 other people. Sorry.
× < >