Personal Finance

What credit card should I be applying for?

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 16th, 2013 10:47 am
Tags:
None
Oct 15, 2013
3 posts

What credit card should I be applying for?

Good morning everyone,

I currently do my banking with CIBC and I have a CIBC debit card as well as a CIBC Dividend Credit Card. I'm looking at switching my credit card to a travel rewards card instead, but I have some questions regarding the best way to go about this:

I also have an aeroplan account and I would like to get a travel rewards credit card that will allow me to continue accumulating points. The two cards that I'm looking at are the CIBC Aerogold Visa Card and the CIBC Aventura Gold Visa card.

I was leaning towards the Aventura one, since it does say that you can switch the aventura points to aeroplan points, but when asking a CIBC representative, they said that they couldn't guarantee that this would still be possible with Aeroplan's new CIBC/TD partnership.

This is leading me to lean towards the CIBC Aerogold card, since I don't want to wait until January as I have a few bigger purchases coming up that I would like to accumulate points for.

Does anybody have any advice or recommendations? Should I wait it out, get an Aerogold card now, etc...

Thanks!