PC & Video Games

What is the deal with Xbox Support sucking so bad?

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 22nd, 2017 1:12 pm
[OP]
Temp. Banned
Jan 5, 2017
262 posts
213 upvotes

What is the deal with Xbox Support sucking so bad?

Phone support is bad. Chat support is out of this world bad in a whole new way of bad.
Chats are super long and they drag them on on purpose.
Does anyone know why it is so bad?

There is a ton of cheese to top off each one of these miserable chats. Here is a 1/2 cheese sample:
Thanks a million for giving me and Xbox the opportunity to work with you and to resolve this issue for you today. Please don’t forget to click on the "CLOSE CHAT"or "END SESSION" button for me to properly end this chat session okay? On behalf of the Xbox Family, have a Legendary Day Ahead and stay awesome!
9 replies
Aug 20, 2009
7225 posts
1943 upvotes
Grimsby
It's outsourced support, most of the time its pretty bad. The advertising/cheese there is just part of the script they have to read. Trust me they aren't having a good time either.

All you can really do is give your money to companies who offer better support options.
Temp. Banned
Aug 7, 2011
6623 posts
988 upvotes
Vaughan
If you think Xbox's is bad, try Playstation's.
Deal Addict
Jul 3, 2002
4816 posts
145 upvotes
GTA
I've generally had good experiences with Xbox support, although it's now been a few years since I had to directly interact with them.
Rock it.
Deal Addict
Jun 7, 2009
1473 posts
353 upvotes
100% disagree with you on this one. Xbox Support has always been phenomenal since I got an Xbox, usually going the extra mile (as in following up via email afterward). I could do without the forced small talk... but they resolve most instances.

Care to share what they're not helping you with on?
Deal Addict
Sep 26, 2007
4150 posts
519 upvotes
Sony's is probably 9000x worse.

I'm so sick of outsourced support. I'm just glad when there's an E-mail or Live Chat options...I can't stand speaking to them on the phone because they'll transfer you a few times before you even get to the right person most of the time.
Russell wrote:
Sep 10th, 2011 12:29 pm
We come here looking for deals. We use the savings on the things we buy to justify buying more things, thus filling our homes with tons of unnecessary consumer products. Such is the key to happiness.

[OP]
Temp. Banned
Jan 5, 2017
262 posts
213 upvotes
signore wrote:
Feb 19th, 2017 4:47 pm
100% disagree with you on this one. Xbox Support has always been phenomenal since I got an Xbox, usually going the extra mile (as in following up via email afterward). I could do without the forced small talk... but they resolve most instances.

Care to share what they're not helping you with on?
Xbox Live account region transfer was a mess. First 2 calls they failed to identify the issue. The third they knew the issue 3 minutes into the call and managed to drag it out to a 50 minute call and then they didn't even finish it right so I had to call a 4th time.

The best is when I tell them I am running out of time for the chat and they say hold on I have the answer right here for you and they you have to wait 10 more minutes for them to give it to you. Then sometimes what they tell you to do is the thing you told them you already did. By far my favorite.
they spend 10 hours a day supporting xbox when really 8 of those hours are of them stalling and padding hours.

When they fixed my account they told me it was no big deal that they short changed me 3 weeks of xbox live but when I insisted I get that extra month account code they did give it to me then fixed my account so I didn't get the extra week. way to go MS.
Deal Addict
Mar 16, 2010
3088 posts
1604 upvotes
Burlington
On Black Friday I accidentally bought Titanfall 2 and Battlefield 1 separately even though there was a bundle deal which was cheaper, so I decided to swallow my pride and ask if I could get a refund.

I was at the gym on my phone between sets of bench presses while Microsoft chat support refunded me both games so I could rebuy the bundle, even though it was 100% my fault.

Only one example admittedly, but it was still pretty sweet.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 12, 2006
6562 posts
2614 upvotes
Canada

You got one of these people .. who's probably taking support calls from Microsoft, Amazon and Sony at the same time.
Jan 29, 2013
746 posts
138 upvotes
Toronto
squadz wrote:
Feb 17th, 2017 11:00 am
If you think Xbox's is bad, try Playstation's.
*shrug* I've had two interactions with PS Support regarding the analog sticks on the controllers. First time they sent me a replacement controller that had a scratch on it. Called them back, complained, they sent me yet another one. Both times the phone support was courteous, professional, and resolved my issues without any run-around.