Fashion & Beauty

What is a decent starting offer to a Tag Carrera Auto Chrono in Toronot AD?

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 30th, 2010 1:01 pm
May 14, 2008
115 posts
47 upvotes

What is a decent starting offer to a Tag Carrera Auto Chrono in Toronot AD?

Hello Guys,

I am in the market to purchase a Tag Carrera Automatic Chronograph in black dial racing version. (Model number CV2014.BA0786)

[IMG]http://ww2.tagheuer.com/_images2005/wat ... BA0786.jpg[/IMG]

I have done my homework for a while and I know that all the authorized dealers in Toronto area have the listed price CAD$3200 + tax (except European Jelleweler which has the listed price of CAD$3200 tax-in).

While I know that Tag sometimes can have as much as 30% discount.. I am not so sure if the same can apply to this watch as it is one of their higher-end series.

So here I am just wondering what would be a reasonable price that I can ask for (tax included) in an authorized dealer in "TORONTO" so that it is fair and won't offend them by any chances. (obviously I don't want to get my a*ss kicked out of the store after making my offer.)

Also, if possible, can someone please also provide me a reasonable price of the same model from an AD in Buffalo, NY? (I try not to buy the watch in Buffalo simply because I do not like to deal with the customs in Canada.. however, if the price difference is really THAT much, then I might need to re-consider my decision again.)

I am only looking to purchase this watch from an authorized dealer so [rfdlink=63]eBay[/rfdlink] or any other online Watch sellers are not considered in my purchase (regardless how much discount they offer. )

Thanks in advance for anyone who'd like to chime in their valuable opinions.

I appreciate your help.

Robin
10 replies
Jan 10, 2003
239 posts
4 upvotes
Toronto
If my memory serves me well, this Tag was used to list for $2800 2-3 years ago. It seems like all Swiss watches have raised their watch a lot over these 2-3 years. Anyways, you can easily get 20%-25% discount on Tag Heuer (including the Tag Carrera) watch by using credit card at many ADs. If it's me, I will probably start negotiating from 30% off and emphasize that you will pay cash if they agree on the discount. And I don't think this offer is offensive at all.

Try contact Frank at Damiani Jewellers at Woodbridge to see what he can do for you. They are authorized dealer for Rolex, Tudor and Tag Heuer.
May 14, 2008
115 posts
47 upvotes
tsis3 wrote: If my memory serves me well, this Tag was used to list for $2800 2-3 years ago. It seems like all Swiss watches have raised their watch a lot over these 2-3 years. Anyways, you can easily get 20%-25% discount on Tag Heuer (including the Tag Carrera) watch by using credit card at many ADs. If it's me, I will probably start negotiating from 30% off and emphasize that you will pay cash if they agree on the discount. And I don't think this offer is offensive at all.

Try contact Frank at Damiani Jewellers at Woodbridge to see what he can do for you. They are authorized dealer for Rolex, Tudor and Tag Heuer.
30% off of $3200 would be $2240 ($2531.00 with tax).. wow.. I never thought that I could haggle the prce that low....alright thanks for the tips!!! I went to the BIRKS the other day and the salesperson wanted to sell this watch for $3073 tax-in and say not one penny less. Glad that i didn't get it from him..
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2004
2113 posts
79 upvotes
^ For Tag you can go as low as 40% off if they're even the older models but 30-35% is the average discount they can give you. I highly discourage going to BIRKS for watches because they rarely give big discounts. The highest I was given was 15% off or tax free.

La Swiss used to give crazy discounts on Tag 30-35% on regular days but goes up to 40% on Boxing Day but too bad they stopped carrying Tag.

However, if you're interested at a Breitling, LMK and I may hook you up with an AD that will take good care of you as long as you're a serious customer ;)
WTB: TUBE of Bison and Antelope (Milk spot free)
Jan 10, 2003
239 posts
4 upvotes
Toronto
^ Agreed. Moreover, since the new Grand Carrera model is now out in the market..you may able to get even further discount with the Carrera that you want.
May 14, 2008
115 posts
47 upvotes
dOuble O wrote: ^ For Tag you can go as low as 40% off if they're even the older models but 30-35% is the average discount they can give you. I highly discourage going to BIRKS for watches because they rarely give big discounts. The highest I was given was 15% off or tax free.

La Swiss used to give crazy discounts on Tag 30-35% on regular days but goes up to 40% on Boxing Day but too bad they stopped carrying Tag.

However, if you're interested at a Breitling, LMK and I may hook you up with an AD that will take good care of you as long as you're a serious customer ;)

just a quick question though.. are you sure 30 - 35% off sounds about right for a starting offer??.. i mean.. even AuthenticWatches.com which is a grey market is asking for US$2775 ( URL: http://www.authenticwatches.com/cv2014-ba0786.html) which you obviously can't haggle since it is an online watch store.. so i am not so sure if a starting offer of CAD 2240 + tax would seem reasonable to an AD in Toronto......... not that i am standing on AD's side.. but jsut to make sure....
Jan 10, 2003
239 posts
4 upvotes
Toronto
Personally, if it's me, I would start from 30% discount for your Carrera. As mentioned in my previous post, emphasizing you will pay cash...35% may be a little to much to start for the Carrera..as it is one of the best selling Tag I believe..

Are you interest in the Grand Carrera..I think it looks awesome....hehe
Nov 10, 2002
107 posts
47 upvotes
Looking for pretty much the same watch

[IMG]http://blufaction.files.wordpress.com/2 ... arrera.jpg[/IMG]

Tag Heuer Carrera Automatic Chronographs

CV2010.BA0786 41mm

MSRP is 3700 Cdn plus taxes

Talked to Birks the other day and was told a 10% discount and max 15% if I were to buy it that day

Anyone have any experience with discounts with Tags? A lot of people have said up to 30%

I'm thinking of buying it in the States at an AD during Black Friday.

Any suggestions?

Thanks
Feb 22, 2006
80 posts
11 upvotes
Haven't checked the selection for a while- but I know costco carrys tag.
Deal Addict
May 16, 2005
3283 posts
869 upvotes
Chinboyz wrote: Looking for pretty much the same watch

[IMG]http://blufaction.files.wordpress.com/2 ... arrera.jpg[/IMG]

Tag Heuer Carrera Automatic Chronographs

CV2010.BA0786 41mm

MSRP is 3700 Cdn plus taxes

Talked to Birks the other day and was told a 10% discount and max 15% if I were to buy it that day

Anyone have any experience with discounts with Tags? A lot of people have said up to 30%

I'm thinking of buying it in the States at an AD during Black Friday.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Take a drive to Michigan, and goto the Sumerset mall...There is a big watch store there called Tourneau, you should be able to start with 30% off MSRP without much bargaining.
Deal Addict
Feb 25, 2007
1726 posts
22 upvotes
Toronto
When i'm in Miami, i find them $1k cad less than here in TO but haven't bought a watch in ages, i have the ones i want already.
Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people. :idea:

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)