• Dec 17th, 2017 7:19 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Jan 27, 2009
5 posts
34 upvotes

What did you buy? What might you buy??

Gold is down... And slowly creeping up...
Wanted to start a thread... What will you be buying???

My target list:
OSK
ELD
POT

Lets see how it plays...

Good luck!!!
15893 replies
Mar 19, 2010
918 posts
98 upvotes
Markham
The upcoming M&A boom in the U.S.

MS
BAC
JPM
ARI
TCRD
ABR
“Benign neglect, bordering on sloth, remains the hallmark of our investment process." —Warren Buffett
Banned
Feb 15, 2008
26318 posts
3171 upvotes
Calgary
angelok wrote:
Jul 21st, 2013 8:28 pm
The upcoming M&A boom in the U.S.

MS
BAC
JPM
ARI
TCRD
ABR
Not sure how those banks are going to be doing any M&A when their assets are melting away due to higher interest rates.

Personally I don't like POT either -- overcapacity in that industry.

Thinking of putting an outright shorts on AMZN, NFLX, PCLN, GOOG, etc. And just holding XIU.
TodayHello wrote:
Oct 16th, 2012 9:06 pm
...The Banks are smarter than you - they have floors full of people whose job it is to read Mark77 posts...
Deal Addict
Apr 14, 2007
2843 posts
330 upvotes
Montreal
Detroit Houses. Prices are so low, if you buy and hold I'm sure they'll go up :D
Mar 19, 2010
918 posts
98 upvotes
Markham
gnuman wrote:
Jul 21st, 2013 10:17 pm
Detroit Houses. Prices are so low, if you buy and hold I'm sure they'll go up :D
It's quite possible. Manufacturing jobs are returning to the U.S. If 1 or 2 settle in Detroit, you just never know.
“Benign neglect, bordering on sloth, remains the hallmark of our investment process." —Warren Buffett
Banned
Feb 15, 2008
26318 posts
3171 upvotes
Calgary
angelok wrote:
Jul 21st, 2013 10:25 pm
It's quite possible. Manufacturing jobs are returning to the U.S. If 1 or 2 settle in Detroit, you just never know.
http://www.thomasnet.com/journals/caree ... l-in-june/
The latest Department of Labor jobs report reveals that even with the creation of 195,000 non-farm jobs in June, the manufacturing sector lost 6,000 jobs during the same month.
TodayHello wrote:
...The Banks are smarter than you - they have floors full of people whose job it is to read Mark77 posts...
Sep 12, 2006
891 posts
34 upvotes
Currenlty swing trading HYGS.

Holding HLF, SCTY, SALE, AFL, FFIV, F

Looking at some call options for FSLR , SPWR

Looking to short NFLX, GOOG but scared to do so because they defy all logic.

Thinking of picking up some AAPL
Deal Addict
Jun 19, 2009
4526 posts
732 upvotes
Scarborough
I only hold 5 ETFs - VCE, VTI, VXUS, ZRE and VAB. That's all I'll probably hold my entire life unless a new product comes out that is better than the ones provided :D
Deal Addict
Aug 1, 2007
1289 posts
140 upvotes
At the moment I'm holding AAV, ACQ, CNE, GTE, LNR in the main account and FXM and WXM in the others. Metals are still looking pretty compelling so I may dip in here and there.
Deal Addict
Feb 5, 2010
2765 posts
173 upvotes
Currently focusing on small cap companies that have promising prospects and are in a stage of earnings growth that also trade at reasonable valuations. All companies below are already profitable and are in a growth stage and had very big quarters recently in Q1 2013. All are Canadian companies. I have more on my research list but I have positions in all of these already.

AVO - #1 on Profit100 this year and growing fast. Record quarter in Q1.
SUM - Saas Stock Administration software. Global Footprint and Niche Market.
DHX - Children Digital Media company with Global Footprint and tons of licensing revenue especially last quarter.
DSG - Logistics solutions / Saas company with strong revenue growth.
DND - Pharmaceutical company with drugs already in distribution. Canadian launch of their acne drug in Q3 this year.
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2010
4356 posts
3337 upvotes
On my dividend (SM) portfolio, added more CNR.TO, BCE.TO and T.TO.

Eyeing TARO, SYNT, PWRD for the growth portfolio.

Rod
Deal Addict
Feb 15, 2013
2445 posts
545 upvotes
Still nothing for me. :(

Lots of companies that I would love to own. None at prices that I would love to pay. :(
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2010
4356 posts
3337 upvotes
Rickson9 wrote:
Jul 23rd, 2013 9:24 pm
Still nothing for me. :(

Lots of companies that I would love to own. None at prices that I would love to pay. :(
As per the thread title, you can still share what you might buy when the price is right.

What is in your list and at what price?
Banned
Feb 15, 2008
26318 posts
3171 upvotes
Calgary
rodbarc wrote:
Jul 23rd, 2013 9:28 pm
As per the thread title, you can still share what you might buy when the price is right.

What is in your list and at what price?
He doesn't like anything in resources, anything involving substantial capex, anything involving gold, etc. And thinks the CAD$ is overvalued. If I had those parameters and stuck with them as a sort of religion, I, too, would probably agree with him in that most stuff is overvalued these days.
TodayHello wrote:
Mar 19, 2010
918 posts
98 upvotes
Markham
rodbarc wrote:
Jul 23rd, 2013 8:02 pm
On my dividend (BCE.TO

Rod
BCE is tempting at these levels. But it already makes up 1.75% of my portfolio. I am going to ignore it and stick to the U.S. M&A boom by adding to MS in particular.