Tags:
None
Oct 1, 2011
75 posts
10 upvotes
Georgetown
White Comet wrote:
Nov 8th, 2017 10:52 am
AIM has Q3 earnings report tomorrow, anyone going to take a flier on this?
All news should be positive for AIM's Q3 results. I'm skeptical that it'll jump huge, but at the same time I don't see it going down.

At the $10 level I'm going to be buying some ZCL. Almost 5% yield with good potential upside now, sell off of this stock has been a little ridiculous.
Apr 21, 2010
225 posts
18 upvotes
Any thoughts on Alaris Royalty Corp, may be oversold a bit ? They just wrote off one of their loan books (or a while back) and took that hit this Q
Dec 31, 2015
180 posts
8 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
mikerfd wrote:
Nov 8th, 2017 12:01 pm
All news should be positive for AIM's Q3 results. I'm skeptical that it'll jump huge, but at the same time I don't see it going down.

At the $10 level I'm going to be buying some ZCL. Almost 5% yield with good potential upside now, sell off of this stock has been a little ridiculous.
AIM's Q doesn't look too good Disappointed Face
Oct 1, 2011
75 posts
10 upvotes
Georgetown
herculesmaxpower wrote:
Nov 8th, 2017 10:22 pm
AIM's Q doesn't look too good Disappointed Face
Why do you say that? There isn't anything terribly exciting, but if you look at all the numbers they point to increased stability for the company.
Deal Addict
May 25, 2008
1142 posts
330 upvotes
Mississauga
mikerfd wrote:
Nov 9th, 2017 1:14 am
Why do you say that? There isn't anything terribly exciting, but if you look at all the numbers they point to increased stability for the company.
Agreed, more of the same. Maintained gross billings in North America division. International dropped somewhat. Liquidity and cost controls looks good. That said, i sold my entire AIM pref position right before earnings. Too much uncertainty looking new partner(s) and growing competition seemingly with other loyalty plans. I bought a large ENF position and need to pay for it somehow LOL.
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2010
4656 posts
1579 upvotes
Nice jump (and exit for me) on OTIC today on Q3 report. Price is up about 100% (and has been higher) on the day.

Bought in Sep/Oct after the bad news they put out.
Deal Addict
Jun 27, 2007
3186 posts
511 upvotes
sold REI.UN and looking to buy more ALK below 62
After spending many years in Wall Street and after making and losing millions of dollars I want to tell you this: it never was my thinking that made the big money for me. It was always my sitting. Got that? My sitting tight!
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2013
1901 posts
664 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
Thinking about CTC.A but honestly I see it as a no moat retailer. The earnings report today was very solid. I must say I'm surprised that it's doing so well when retailers in the US are under pressure from Amazon. Can someone please educate me as to what makes CTC.A special?
Deal Addict
Dec 6, 2006
3791 posts
697 upvotes
Toronto
sharpshooter88 wrote:
Nov 8th, 2017 9:57 am
The rumour was that he was quietly being pushed out, the whole sabbatical was just allowing him to save face. Who knows though. The rumour now is that he's going to Intel and announcement will be coming soon.
And there he goes to Intel.

I wonder if it was more of a push away from AMD or a pull from Intel...
Deal Expert
Sep 19, 2004
20300 posts
3092 upvotes
Waterloo
boyohboy wrote:
Nov 9th, 2017 1:38 pm

AMD is one crazy ride, $11 -> $12 (on working with INTC) -> $11 again (on Raja going to Intel and market), all in a week
Which Credit Cards to sign up? >> Jerry's List of Credit Cards with $200+ Welcome bonus/Aeroplan & AMEX Churning FAQ
AMEX Personal 60K || Business Platinum 75K || Biz Gold 40K || SPG 25K
Aug 17, 2008
594 posts
182 upvotes
dlhunter wrote:
Nov 9th, 2017 12:05 pm
sold REI.UN and looking to buy more ALK below 62
Hmmm... have been thinking about buying SRU.UN since mid Oct and REI.UN just this past week. Any reason for selling RioCan? Dec hike?
Deal Addict
Jun 27, 2007
3186 posts
511 upvotes
MrMom wrote:
Nov 9th, 2017 2:41 pm
Hmmm... have been thinking about buying SRU.UN since mid Oct and REI.UN just this past week. Any reason for selling RioCan? Dec hike?
It's been underperformer for me, nothing wrong with the company. Raising capital to buy something else.
After spending many years in Wall Street and after making and losing millions of dollars I want to tell you this: it never was my thinking that made the big money for me. It was always my sitting. Got that? My sitting tight!
Deal Addict
Feb 3, 2011
1266 posts
189 upvotes
boyohboy wrote:
Nov 9th, 2017 1:38 pm

I'm leaning towards a push away from AMD. But from what I've gathered, Raja is mostly talk and little substance. Every time he presented, he seemed uneasy and never gave me confidence that he knew what he was talking about. I don't think his departure is a huge loss to AMD at all, he was no Jim Keller.
Baaaaaaaaa!