3186 posts
512 upvotes
bot ALK @61.52
bot ENB @44.37

- thinking of jerryhung here Face With Tears Of Joy

can't believe someone loading up on KO - huge risk for sugary 3% yield
biotech at important support
OSTK finally profit taking. Can't believe it went 300% in 4 months
After spending many years in Wall Street and after making and losing millions of dollars I want to tell you this: it never was my thinking that made the big money for me. It was always my sitting. Got that? My sitting tight!
Deal Addict
Oct 9, 2008
4032 posts
871 upvotes
Thornhill
Dpack22 wrote:
Nov 14th, 2017 11:18 am
Falling knife right now but basically the majority of the people holding this as a dividend stock are going to be liquidating. Could be much more room to fall.
I don't actually see much reason to pick this one up just yet. GE closed at 20.96 P/E today, for perspective that's still above the S&P 500's 18.4 P/E and still above the 19.3 P/E industrial sector.

It's probably not going to go bankrupt or anything but it's also not going to be bought aggressively which is why I think waiting until it's at least below 18.4 P/E is much more reasonable imo.
Deal Expert
Sep 19, 2004
20301 posts
3092 upvotes
Waterloo
dlhunter wrote:
Nov 14th, 2017 4:03 pm
bot ALK @61.52
bot ENB @44.37

- thinking of jerryhung here Face With Tears Of Joy

can't believe someone loading up on KO - huge risk for sugary 3% yield
biotech at important support
OSTK finally profit taking. Can't believe it went 300% in 4 months
Ha ha, don't do what I do = don't buy what I buy :P ENB/ENF/CJR.B/PKI are recent buying yield and catching falling knives :( For LONG-term bagholding I guess
Although I own ENB already, and tried OSTK today at $50.6
Got out of ALK before ER at $80, THANK GOD
Which Credit Cards to sign up? >> Jerry's List of Credit Cards with $200+ Welcome bonus/Aeroplan & AMEX Churning FAQ
AMEX Personal 60K || Business Platinum 75K || Biz Gold 40K || SPG 25K
Deal Addict
Apr 12, 2012
1436 posts
295 upvotes
Toronto
jerryhung wrote:
Nov 14th, 2017 5:29 pm
Ha ha, don't do what I do = don't buy what I buy :P ENB/ENF/CJR.B/PKI are recent buying yield and catching falling knives :( For LONG-term bagholding I guess
Although I own ENB already, and tried OSTK today at $50.6
Got out of ALK before ER at $80, THANK GOD
Do you Index part of your portfolio just in case?
Deal Addict
Feb 4, 2015
2577 posts
457 upvotes
Canada, Eh!!
Have dealt with GE execs in Atlanta... they like to position themselves as a true USA company but really will wrap themselves in any flag if incentives are there... not great business continuity as more often then not they lower infrastructure costs but lose the talent.

They have also bought many small business [revs less then 500M USD] and poorly integrated... further loss of talent plus the companies that sold these businesses did not see them as growth areas.

Every new CEO is basically taking action to reverse what previous CEO did... can't run business like that.

Consulted with them back 10 years during crisis... total dis organized... Immelt boasted of GE Fin and then had to get bailed out.

Flannery is part or used to lead that section of GE that took creative license with int'l transfer pricing... financial engineering over actual business growth. Perhaps he has matured.

Time will tell... I suggest not to consider GE until 16.50, IMHO.
Deal Addict
Feb 4, 2015
2577 posts
457 upvotes
Canada, Eh!!
Rinse and repeat... didn't think would be able to do this again after GILD went higher but with recent fall got back in with Feb $75 calls.

Third time doing this year and good first two times but am I pushing my luck?!
Deal Addict
Oct 9, 2008
4032 posts
871 upvotes
Thornhill
llpresident wrote:
Nov 15th, 2017 1:08 am
I am by no means suggesting Moneysense has any investing credibility but they released their 2018 “all stars” list:

http://www.moneysense.ca/save/investing ... all-stars/

Anyone here feel strongly about any of the stocks on this list?
When I enter their top 4 'A' Value Graded recommended names into BMO Recognia's Value Analyzer I don't get nearly the same level of undervalued assessment. Neither Genworth, Hudbay Minerals, Westjet or Power Financial come up as undervalued at all, some close to 'fairly valued' while WestJet comes up as 9% overvalued.
Deal Addict
Oct 9, 2008
4032 posts
871 upvotes
Thornhill
Here's to hoping the start of the holiday selloff begins so I can tap into my PLC!
Deal Addict
Dec 6, 2006
3791 posts
697 upvotes
Toronto
Jeenyus1 wrote:
Nov 15th, 2017 9:10 am
Here's to hoping the start of the holiday selloff begins so I can tap into my PLC!
Woh... I see lots of red.... selloff begins?!
Aug 17, 2008
595 posts
182 upvotes
CPX.TO, $23.70 bid ~7.05% dvd. Last 2x, the mkt easily cut through my 7% equivalent bids, so I have lowered the bid a little. Also looking to add to RNW at < $13.00

Previous posts;
https://forums.redflagdeals.com/what-di ... #p26065743
https://forums.redflagdeals.com/what-di ... #p27097490

Update: filled on CPX
Edit #2: In this mkt, don't assume the price won't go lower. Yield target vs technical target both breached, https://invst.ly/5uog-
Last edited by MrMom on Nov 15th, 2017 10:00 am, edited 2 times in total.
Deal Addict
Jun 27, 2007
3186 posts
512 upvotes
BTFD?

VIX fading, Bonds retreating.

ALK strong, above 62
After spending many years in Wall Street and after making and losing millions of dollars I want to tell you this: it never was my thinking that made the big money for me. It was always my sitting. Got that? My sitting tight!
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2006
2743 posts
1625 upvotes
Pickering, ON
ENB is kicking me in the a**, damn!!!!!

bought it at 47.xx two weeks ago
#WeTheNorth
Deal Addict
Oct 9, 2008
4032 posts
871 upvotes
Thornhill
dlhunter wrote:
Nov 15th, 2017 10:09 am
BTFD?

VIX fading, Bonds retreating.

ALK strong, above 62
I'm going to wait closer to end of year as I have to be fairly careful with my entry/exit to avoid paying too much in interest. Ideally I'd like to time it within 2-week span all together which puts me around entry for December 22nd and exit by January 5th 2018.
Deal Addict
Jun 27, 2007
3186 posts
512 upvotes
Jeenyus1 wrote:
Nov 15th, 2017 10:24 am
I'm going to wait closer to end of year as I have to be fairly careful with my entry/exit to avoid paying too much in interest. Ideally I'd like to time it within 2-week span all together which puts me around entry for December 22nd and exit by January 5th 2018.
I think there will be weakness going into Black Friday, eg next Wed. Then, it's seasonally strong, maybe very short term (eg week) rallying off strong Thanksgiving sales numbers. One more weak period is first week in Dec, after that it's either strong Xmas rally or sideways into year end.
The real selling can be after tax cuts... folks will want to take advantage of lower taxes and book profits.

edit: changed decade for week.
Last edited by dlhunter on Nov 15th, 2017 10:28 am, edited 1 time in total.